Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tyranny of Dragons: Continues Rot 3 2020

Tyranny of Dragons: Continues Rot 4 2016 7 years 9 months ago #1422

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
“Right Dave, I’ve thought about and I can explain it to you.” The Narrator was excited.

“What’s that Nar?”, Dave rarely missed the opportunity to use the abbreviation despite the recriminations.

“A dwarf walks into a club, he takes a d6 damage plus strength bonus…. That any clearer now?”
“What’s a strength bonus?” asked Dave, none the wiser.

“it’s what you get for being strong.”, stated the Narrator helpfully.

“So do I have a strength bonus?” Dave was hoping this would make more sense.

“No, you are too weak… err little.” The Narrator corrected himself quickly.

“I don’t see that’s fair, not having a strength bonus… doesn’t seem equitable.” Dave was fully behind equal opportunities for all. “Lack of inclusion breeds resentment Nar!”

The Narrator paused. This wasn’t going to plan.

“The strength bonus is irrelevant; it just qualifies the club.” The Narrator beamed… He’d got it this time!

Dave thought about it for a moment….

“Soooo, a dwarf walks into a qualified club, he takes a d6 damage plus strength bonus that is irrelevant. Is that about right?”

“Absolutely”, the Narrator was winning this one again, back on track.

“That’s disgusting!” Dave noted fiercely. “absolutely disgusting.”

“err what?” The Narrator was now lost.

“Disgusting! First you tell this joke I didn’t understand. Then you explain it to me and single me out because I aint got one of these strength bonuses, and then you are dismissive of my need for a strength bonus and you tell me it’s irrelevant. If it’s all so bloody irrelevant, what does the Dwarf think of it… he’s been hit with a club! Your CALLOUS you are, callous!”

The Narrator decided that he wasn’t about to recover this one…

“Sorry Dave, I honestly didn’t mean to upset you. It was just a joke… obviously it wasn’t that funny.” Changing the subject, the Narrator observed… “Did you notice that centipede?”

“Where? “, Dave snapped out of his funk.

“In Oz’s pack.”

There was a blur of feathers. Muffled shouts from Oz, and a minor whirlwind as the contents of his pack flew into the area. Keeping a low profile was becoming marginally more difficult. The Narrator observed the frantic bird sifting through the bottom of the pack. The startled Dragonborn, rapidly closed the pack, trapping Dave inside. Dave heard the muffled voice of the Narrator.

“Dave, it isn’t a centipede it’s a Quasit.”

“You said it was a centipede! First you insult then you lie to me about a nice tasty snake, then it aint there, and I get trapped in Oz’s backpack. You DO know it smells in here?”
The Narrator thought for a minute, then smiled before he responded.

“You could ask Maria to get you out.” Dave didn’t bother to respond, but the bird’s thoughts appeared brightly on his script… not on your bloody life, she’d never let me forget it.

Maybe, thought the Narrator, it would be politic not to mention to the distraught bird, that the druid was already aware of the incident, and currently remonstrating with the dragonborn about leaving nature alone, and picking on someone his own size…

The Quasit floated invisibly a few yards away. The nasty shock of a berserk bird trying to eat him was definitely not normal, he must exercise more caution and watch out for the bird!
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tyranny of Dragons: Continues Rot 4 2016 7 years 8 months ago #1433

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
Dave was irritated, sullen and frustrated. The Narrator could sense it immediately; he didn’t need the text flashing up on his new teleprompter. It was a marvellous device, and made assessing the full nuance of the story that much easier.

For example, the teleprompter indicated that he, the narrator, had another 7 seconds pause before commencing again. 7 full seconds… 6, 5, enough time to give thought to how to get Dave back into harness. It was then that the Narrator noticed the Quasit. The beast was lurking in the shadows as Band of Dave struggled to come up with a plan to enter the floating castle. The Narrator made a mental not to look into why it was there… 2… 1… first things first though!

“Err Dave, Maria is about to go flying for the first time in a castle and will need your help! And by the way there is some other scruffy dwarf tagging along now!”

On reflection the Narrator felt he should have come up with something more inspiring, but at least it drew a response.

“Flying? In that thing? She’s braver than she looks!” Dave’s sarcasm was immediate, “Everyone knows castles don’t fly!”

“This one does.” The Narrator kept his voice simple.

“Exactly how then?” Dave’s response was irritable, and the Narrator felt obliged to go along with it.

“Well, it’s to do with primal forces, opposites contending with each other. Fire and water, earth and air. The castle is on a bedrock of elemental earth, it is immutable with the air, so they repulse against each other creating lift, quod erat demonstrandum the castle flies.”. The Narrator was quite pleased with himself, the explanation had tripped off the tongue with ease, and was clear and concise enough even for Dave.

“Didn’t Maria just say that?” Dave had only been half listening. The Narrator was sorely tempted to provide the full metaphysical answer available to him when the bird noted something else.

“They ARE going on there. Look at that! No fighting, no threats, just a bit of a saunter down the road and carry a couple of boxes and there we go! Hang on… there is a password…!”

“Fortunately ‘Mother Tiamat bless us’ is a fairly standard password for cult activities.” The Narrator read the text off the teleprompter before he realised that he actually shouldn’t have told Dave ahead of time.

The bird quickly supplied the password to his band, whispering the words on the wind, and miraculously they all entered the castle without turning into something icky.

Flushed with success, Dave was almost pulled out of his funk. The group were inside the icy castle. No alarms, no frisk searches, no one inquisitively searching out spies. Nothing… its was just then he noted the new Dwarf. And it all went quiet again…

The Narrator took a moment to enquire what was wrong with Dave, and then wished he hadn’t…

“What’s with the new half right?

“That’s a new party member, apparently it’s a cleric that can actually heal.”
Dave went silent again. No one had asked HIM whether there should be a new dwarf. No one had consulted him on whether, as spirit guide he could handle a brace, pair, duo… what WAS the name for a collection of Dwarves..?

The Narrator looked up from his teleprompter

“A halfwit.”

Dave was not mollified. So he had this halfwit of halfrights landed on him without so much as a by your leave. “How did it happen?” The exasperated crow asked the Narrator.

“Well I think it was divine intervention… the DM god arranged it.”

“Just bloody marvellous… we’ll see how that pans out then.” Declared the irritated Crow.

And the Narrator completely forgot about the Quasit.

“So what do we do now?” Maria was staring at the main courtyard, everyone seemed to know where they were going.

Various suggestions were made and rejected, and group finally realised they were standing aimlessly in a courtyard of a magic castle surrounded by cultists and they were starting to look suspicious.

The castle was made of ice. The cultists were stocking it with food and other materials, and were otherwise seeming to head inside. Presumably to barracks. Of more concern were the ogres on the walls, staring around with a kind of dumb indifference that would eventually lead to dumb interest and them to dumb pounding on heads with a great deal more interest.

Making a quick dash for cover, the group passed through a couple of giant sized doors, and quickly found an empty room.

In typical fashion the Band of Dave then proceeded to discuss, at some length, the next steps. It was decided that a search of the castle was necessary and a plan was formed:

1. The treasure needed to be found, the cultists slain.
2. Rezmir if he was here needed slaying,
3. Any Red Wizards of Thay needed slaying (thanks for that one Izzy),
4. The ogres probably needed slaying, and someone in the courtyard had mentioned a giant… She/He/It definitely needed slaying.

With the brilliant plan worked out, almost as one, the group started to explore. The very first door was wizard marked and protected. The sounds of wizards discussing wizardly things was audible. A protracted discussion about implement point 3 of the plan was in progress, when a subtly booming DM style voice sounded. WHY DON’T YOU LOOK AROUND FIRST?

The Band of Dave stopped. Considered, and then proceeded to have a look round and mingle. The barracks opposite was noted to house about a dozen cultist mercenaries. They took the band for mercs and were pleasantly cordial, particularly after Izzy offered to perform for them all. Disgusted, Maria and Flint decided to explore the adjacent tower. Leaving the trollop to entertain, Maria walked into the adjacent tower to find stair rising onto the tower battlements. The ogres they met inside were unfriendly and dumb, who were moving from staring with dumb indifference to dumb interest. At the point a conversation about going upstairs for a look round, looked like turning dumb indifference into dumb interest, Maria and Flint retreated back into the barracks.

As it happened ‘performing’ meant a story and song of bardic lore, and Izzy quickly learned that the Giant was a Cloud Giant (and owner of the castle called Breganthus), he was on the top level. A dragon was guarding the hoard underneath (dungeon level) and various towers at the top held stuff rumoured not to be nice. Maria had a momentary pang of conscience for thinking the worst of Izzy, but got over it… she had, after all done far worse previously.

With this new information, the band split up to explore, and quickly determined that the layout of the castle was as described. Of particular interest, were a number of towers on the upper level, one of which housed the giants, and the caverns below, the majority of which housed the hoard. (Point 1 of the plan sorted!) Flint was mightily impressed with the accumulated wealth, muttering comments about returning it to its rightful owners that Izzy and even Oz quickly dispelled, only factor queering the plan was the large adult white dragon, who was allegedly hungry and not that bothered about what it dined on. Flint, ever caring fetched it a side of beef from the kobold kitchen, though the rest of the group did consider poisoning it as a simple way to remove the beast. A number of jibes were exchanged about what actually you call a butler to a dragon? The group settled on ‘idiot’ and moved on deciding point 1 of the plan needed expanding on.

Returning to the empty room they now considered home, the new Dwarf cleric was quizzed. Apparently he was a familiar to the band, he was the angry dwarf who escaped from the lodge house in the mountains, and he pledged his service to destroying the cult. (within reason of course, I mean let’s be serious here!), and it was decreed by the DM god that the dwarf would assist the band, he even offered to heal injured party members which immediately won approval as it was so unusual for a cleric to do such alien things.

Following the quick inquisition, a further amendment to the plan was hatched.

5. The towers on the top level were in need of searching.

The band needed to find a way to enter the towers and see if they could action points 2 and 4. Everyone was convinced that point 3 would be addressed when they stormed the wizards lair behind the magic door.

Moving topside, the band stood at foot of the tallest tower. I mean it stands to reason that’s important or it wouldn’t be tall would it?

After dodging ogre patrols in the slight fog (actually clouds they were flying after all), Elias managed to scale the tower along with a surprisingly dextrous Oz. Inside an ominous ruined tower, a single coffin lay in the centre of the room. The sound of organ music commenced softly in the distance, the note on the coffin reading “Gone to the blood bank, back in 10” still didn’t persuade the intrepid souls to leave well enough alone. Ultimately it was the fact the coffin was full of nasty dirty soil and no one wanted to get their hands dirty that did it, and the pair of wood (small pun) be vampire killers exited.

Unfortunately for them, straight into the arms of the ogre watch. The other members of the band Maria included had escaped detection and made their way back downstairs, but Jebido and Elias only managed to get as fair as another locked tower. Working quickly Elias opened the door and they stepped inside.

Wonder at the world is nothing new to gnomes. But Jebido was in his element. The glowing runes in the air were obviously magical, and they seemed to do stuff!

Making out their meaning, forward, back, left, right, spin… the happy gnome started activating runes at random. The castle spun clockwise.

Activating another rune it descended, and another. It was then the runes all glowed and started moving away from the excitable gnome, and they became aware of a presence.

A voice whispered an enquiry. Who were they, what did they want and why were they messing we HER castle?

Elias and Jebido quickly identified that the speaker was a ghost. She identified herself as (Egithanpus), the dead spouse of the giant Breganthus. She expressed concern that her husband may have given into despair and was helping the cult of the dragon. The glimmering of a real plan began to surface in the gnome. A way to persuade the giant to become an ally, and a way to defeat the cult.

Tyranny of Dragons: Continues Rot 4 2016 7 years 8 months ago #1437

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
The Giant and the Plan

Returning to the band, Elias and Jebido outlined what they had discovered. Flush with excitement, the Gnome was itching to get back to the ‘control room’ he now thought about it, and learn more about flying the castle.

Whilst the others slept, Jebido was uncharacteristically quiet. He was rapidly scetching out the remembered symbols and cross referencing them with his available magical texts. Muttering contentedly and making copious notes, the worked through the night as his comrades slept, indeed he didn’t stir when they were finalising the plan… it was decided try to access the tower and speak with Breganthus.

Various approaches were considered…

“I tell you we should sneak in!” Elias was emphatic

“yeah and get caught, then look like common thieves.” Izzy responded with an obvious knowing glance at Elias.

“Eh.. Wot arr yo tryin ta saey aboot ma Bruva!” Flint’s response was instant and Izzy’s slight smile indicated she knew that her comment had lit the touch paper.

“Ok Uncommon thieves… the point is we get dead rather than get to explain.” Izzy’s logic was acknowledged.

“What about sending him a message?” Oz noted. “We could draft a nice letter…” Oz tailed off. The entire group staring at the Dragonborn.

“Wee shud fight ur wey ein and mek him respeckt Ooz. Yerz ken neva trust a giant”. It was Oz’s turn to star at the dwarf.
“we could always just go and knock on the door and tell him the truth,” Maria was tired of protracted conversation and had no head for intrigue and plots, preferring a more direct approach. It was everyone’s turn to stare at her!

“I don’t know that we are that desperate, or suicidal!” Izzy’s cutting remark hung in the air.

And so… hours passed…. Discussion continued. Jepido, having sketched out his treatise on “The implications of thaumatic manipulation of elemental lattices in travel by flying castle”, the Gnome has been pleased at the catchy title, he was now into the main bulk of his research text.

Elias grew bored. The others were talking and getting nowhere. He decided to scout out the area… and then received the shock of his life! Rounding a corner, it was he almost walked into the towering form of an old adversary. Rezmir! Fate is not without its irony. The half dragon was resident in the room next door to the band sand had just stepped out as Elias rounded the corner! Ducking back into shadow, Rezmir departed and made her way to the upper levels with Elias in careful pursuit. He then quickly returned to advise his comrades. It looked like Point 2 of the plan was happening after all.

Deciding that they didn’t want any further surprises, the band quickly searched other rooms and walked straight in on two Stone giants. The huge creatures were instantly aggressive at the intrusion, and things would have gone ill but for mention of Egithanpus. The Stone giants stopped dead.

“WHAT DO YOU KNOW OF EGITHANPUS?”

“we know she flies the castle, and she spoke to us. She’s not happy that giants are allied with and are helping the cult!” Elias’ voice sound shrill compared to the gravelly power of the giant standing over him.

“SHE SAID THAT? YOU HAD BEST GO TELL BREGANTHUS. GO NOW! LEAVE US IN PEACE!”

With that the band decided to take themselves to the Cloud Giant immediately. It appeared that a direct and honest approach was the most viable.

Matters were now moving fast. Managing to avoid Rezmir, the band moved quickly to Breganthus tower. Knocking on the entrance door, the Ogre guards listened to the request to speak with the giant, and, without any degree of concern being raised, they were shepherded in to see the giant overlord.

The giant’s room was huge. Rugs and a bed, furs, weapons desks and tables all of the highest quality, but the overawed group had eyes only for the gigantic figure in the centre of the room. The gigantic figure practically glowed and his presence filled the room.

“WHAT DO YOU WANT? I WARN YOU IF YOU WASTE MY TIME, I’LL KILL YA. IF I THINK YOU WASTE MY TIME, I’LL KILL YA, IF YOU HOLD BACK ANYTHING, I'LL KILL YA. IF YOU BEND THE TRUTH OR I THINK YOU'RE BENDING THE TRUTH, I'LL KILL YA. IF YOU FORGET ANYTHING, I'LL KILL YA. IN FACT, YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO WORK VERY HARD TO STAY ALIVE. NOW YOU MAY ENLIGHTEN ME.”

Stuttering Izzy began to explain. In stilted sentences the story of the band’s involvement with the cult unfolded. The mission to stop the treasure arriving was part of the plan to prevent the rise of the Queen of Dragons.

“PLAN AND YOU THINK I DON’T KNOW! YOU THINK I DON’T HAVE A PLAN, ONE LONG IN THE MAKING AND INVOLVING ALL OF MY KIN! WHY SHOULD I ACCEPT YOUR PITIFUL PLAN?

“Your wife…” Maria started to say

“SILENCE. LET HER SPEAK OR I’LL KILL YA!

“We met with the spirit of your wife Egithanpus, she is concerned that you work with giants and aid their cause, she believes that they use you…”

“USE ME… USE ME!!! PERHAPS IT IS I WHO USE THEM!” The giant paused. “SO WHAT IS YOUR PLAN THEN WORM?” Izzy looked confused.
“YOU OBVOIUSLY HAVE A CUNNING PLAN. IS IT AS CUNNING AS A FOX WHAT USED TO BE PROFESSOR OF CUNNING AT THE UNSEEN UNIVERSITY BUT HAS MOVED ON, AND IS NOW WORKING FOR THE HIGH COMMISSION OF INTERNATIONAL CUNNING PLANNING?

“Err yes…”

“WELL PRESUMABLY YOU INTEND TO SHOW YOUR TANGIBLE SUPPORT FOR THIS PLAN? BEFORE I COMMIT MY OGRES, I ASSUME YOU INTEND TO LEAD THE FIGHT.” Without waiting for a response the giant continued, “SO YOU WANT TO DO THE DRAGON OR THAT FOOL REZMIR FIRST?”

Izzy thought briefly… and elected for the half dragon.

“SPLENDID, OFF YOU GO… AND BY THE WAY… IF YOU BETRAY ME OR IF YOU FAIL… I’LL KILL YA!”

Moving back down to the lower level, time was no on their side. The word had passed to the ogres and already they were martialling. The giant had been clear, that the band needed to lead the charge against the cult.

Deciding to settle with Rezmir first had been an instinctive decision for Izzy, mainly as it meant they would have to take out the red wizards first. Revenge would be hers and the old tielfling motto that good revenge is one that you only do once, and you get in first…

Maria, calmly approached Elias and handed him Natures gift, “Here, we were both present when it was found, it was given to both of us, you take it, and use it well”. Elias was stunned, but accepted the bow with a degree of reverence, both of them remembering the strange circumstances in which it was found.

“I will”, his voice soft with emotion.

The Red Wizards

Returning to their acquired room, the Gnome now in tow, (busy complaining about not having finished chapter 3 on ozone depletion due to gravitational field variances caused by magic probability lattices interacting with the natural etheric energies in the atmosphere), the band stood ready in front of the magically sealed door.

Elias confirmed it was locked, and trapped. Using his magical and nefarious arts, the rogue opened the door, and time seemed to hold paused, breathless. Right up until the fireball erupted into the group. Jebido tried to reply in kind but his power was somehow neutralised. Things would have gone ill for the band had not Flint, enraged by the mystical fire still burning his beard, charged into the laboratory.

“You!” Flint recognised the red robed mage as the one he had released in the tower only a few days previously…

The frightened mage, reached for spell components, but the dwarf was faster. The mages eyes went wide as the enraged dwarf hacked with all his might, neatly bisecting the red wizard and preventing any further spell casting. On a return swing the dwarf clubbed at the other wizard, who, seeing the opposition arrayed against him, simply disappeared in a flash of light.

The battle was over.

Looking at the room for the first time, the laboratory was filled with many arcane measuring devices and other wizardly paraphernalia. Jebido’s eyes widened and he scuttled off to start inspecting a number of books and scrolls. Almost casually the Gnome tossed ‘evidence’ of the Cults’ collusion with the Red Wizards of Thay to Izzy.

“See I knew they were involved!” Izzy was beside herself as she addressed Flint, “and the next time I tell you we need to kill someone, I don’t expect an argu…” Never known for being stupid, Izzy noticed the Dwarf’s sword was still in hand, glistening with rapidly chilling blood. The Dwarf was still stood over the pieces of the Red Wizards corpse. He had a slightly manic look in his eye. “...ment.” completed Izzy more softly…

The sounds of battle in the courtyard echoed. Quickly realising their job was unfinished, the group arrayed around the door to Rezmir’s quarters, whilst leaving the Gnome to collate his paperwork.

Rezmir and her dragons

The plan for the wizards having been a qualified success, it was implemented with dispatch a second time with the half dragon. Elias standing at the door, opened the lock was ease and counted down on his fingers… on 1 the door was thrust open.

Everyone had been ready as the door swung open, and the group began to surge forward to be stopped as an acrid fuming acid blast jetted out from inside the room, unfortunately, the ‘everyone’ had included Rezmir.

Elias nimbly avoided the acid leaving Maria to suffer the blast. The effect was excruciating agony, but Maria maintained enough control to summon the elements to encase the half dragon in a globe of pure water… let the beast drown!

Whether it was the effects of the acid, or something else, the magic failed to take effect. Flint and Oz were in rapidly feinting and dodging to avoid further blasts. It then became obvious that Rezmir was not alone. Two small dragons launched themselves into the defence of their mistress.

Sword and fang drew blood as both Oz and the dragons engaged. Flint ignored the dragons and threw himself at Rezmir.
But once again the Half dragon was waiting. The large black sword in her hand descended and a numbing cold caused the dwarf to shudder. The blade however was centred on Oz. A single blow of horrific proportions split the Dragonborn’s armour and mortally carved his flesh. Rezmir shrieked “suffer for your betrayal soiled one!”

Maria rushed to support her comrades as the Dwarven Cleric tried to tend to the stricken Dragonborn. With a shriek she was captured in a rug that magically erupted from the floor, suffocating and strangling her. Meanwhile the treatment of Oz’s wound from the black sword would not cure, some foul magic prevented his healing!

Elias fired arrow after arrow as Flint reigned down blows on Rezmir. The Half dragon struck the tenacious Dwarf, the foul sword seeming to part his flesh with ease, but the Dwarf stood firm.

Maria finally burst from the rug with the assistance of Izzy and launched into the battle calling up natures powers to transform her into an entangling snake. The snake grappled Rezmir preventing her from killing Flint but not before taking a mighty wound from the black sword. Elias and Izzy leapt to deal with the dragons as Flint rallied and finally the Half Dragon succumbed to the beating it had received.

The room was quiet. The bubbling breath of Oz as he fought for life the only sound. Finally the glow of magical healing spread over the Dragonborn, and the horrific wound closed. Oz blinked awake just in time to see a miracle.

Rezmir had been wearing a black mask, a nightmarish construct that appeared to be visage of a black dragon. As Rezmir’s body seemed to evaporate, the mask flew from her face into a casket that locked with a sharp click.

“Don’t worry I can get it out.” Elias already had his tools in hand, and was as good as his word.

The casket opened. The mask laying within seemed to glow, then fade from view.

Meanwhile, Flint picked up the large black sword…

“YOU ARE MINE…” and somewhere in Flints mind a voice cried out… “will he never learn!”

Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Inept.

Tyranny of Dragons: Continues Rot 4 2016 7 years 8 months ago #1439

• Sarge
Andy/Tony

We were able to complete Hoard of the Dragon Queen last Thursday.

As a result, you can level up your characters to 8th level.

Tyranny of Dragons: Continues Rot 4 2016 7 years 8 months ago #1443

• Bane
  • Elite Member
“Ya das ist gut, Ya I pumper der Iron” said Ugh

“Ya, you should try lifting a proper veight” said Th

The two giants were flexing their muscles at one another.

“Ya vell, I can bench press 280” said Ugh waiting for an impressed reaction and sounds of “no” and “I don’t believe it” but Th was having none of it.

“Ya, you are a Vussie, I could pick up the bench with you on it whilst you are bench pressing your ever so light 280.”

“Ya well you smell like your moms pants” retorted Ugh

“You’ve been smelling my mom’s pants?” asked Th theatrically.

At just that moment some other giants ran past, a hand clasped on the door frame stopping the forward momentum but stopping the giant, and a head appeared in the doorway.

“Ain’t you ‘eard. There’s a rumble goin’ on. Cultists v the rest. Now C’mon” and with that the giant thundered down the corridor.
Ugh looked at Th and smashed him in the jaw.

“Das ist for za dragons” Ugh shouted

“You are not vith der dragons, you lunatic” replied Th reaching for the nearest bench. “!!!THWONK!!!” “I am vith der Dragons, You silly strudel, and you ver vith der Giants” said Th leaving Ugh lying in pool of his own congealing blood. “It is zush a schande ve vould of made a ver gut team, Th and Ugh, vhey could of called us ThUgh”

Meanwhile…….

“Ka mon’ I got me shitkickers on now” raged Flint thundering down the corridor wielding a great sword over his head. A five foot and one and a half inches tall brandishing a sword really too big for him. Flint was close behind with Oz bringing up the rear

“Can’t we have a rest, we’ve been going for ages now” complained OZ slowly.

“It’s only been 10 minutes” said Issy incredulously. “What does everyone else think?”

“ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH” charged Flint.

“I THINK YOU HAVE YOUR ANSWER” shouted Elias.

Flint rounded a corner and ran into three giants. “Yer come for some ‘ave ye yer scunners” the whirling dervish knows as Flint set about his trade. Issy cast a spell hypnotising one of them, allowing concentrated firepower on the other two. Oz lumbered down the corridor.
Elias fired natures gift landing arrow after arrow at the giants, whilst Flints steel cut deeply, Issy assisted by directing the battle.

Oz lumbered down the corridor. When the two giants were down they made short work of the third and just as it was teetering on the brink of death Oz, wheezing burst forth from the corridor, striking the giant with the ignominy of another blow whilst already in its death coils. “Yeah” wheez, wheeze “That’s” wheez, sharp intake of breath “the way” exhale deeply, short sharp intake “I roll”.

“Thanks for turning up” said the other battle cleric who was a also a dwarf and a member of the band of Dave, but no one could remember his name AKA ……………….

“Don’t men…” said Oz wheezing bent over with his hands on his knees. We will never know if that sentence ended in a “tion, or don’t I love ‘em” because Elias was brutally struck by a sneaky quite giant.

Actually the giant may not have been that stealthy just covered by the amount of noise Oz was making.

This battle was suddenly joined by two winged beasts flying just out of reach of Flint’s sword and causing the band of Dave many issues.

Finally once the band of Dave had taken enough of a beating and the last creature died they stopped.

“Tha was fun” said Flint with a smile on his face.

“That was ridiculous” said Elias covered in blood.

“Not funny” agreed Issy

They Band of Dave went to help the giants tame the Dargon, but they were not needed and if anything they would have gotten in the way. The final part the Dragon soared and broke free vowing vengeance against the giants.

Life returned to normal and they were dropped off about two weeks travel from Neverwinter.

DAVE
“ said that” said Dave to this new voice

ME GM AND I SPEAK IN CAPITALS THAT’S HOW IMPORTANT I AM. Dave started to sweat it was GM

“Er Nar”

THAT WEASEL NARRATOR CANNOT HELP YOU KNOW DAVE. I NEED YOU TO DELIVER A MESSAGE AND A SCROLL.

“Here I’m not a common pigeon you know. I’m a majestic winged”

BEAST OF BURDEN DAVE.

“I can’t talk anyway”

YOU CAN NOW.

A scroll appeared from nowhere and attached itself to Dave’s legs and Dave vanished only to appear in the air over the Band of Dave.

“Er I got a pressie for you”

“Dave hissed Maria”

“They can all hear me love. Here this is for you Issy” said Dave hopping on both feet towards Issy.

“Er Thanks.” Issy took the scroll and it was a scroll of teleportation wich she cast and they all returned to Baldurs gate.

Tyranny of Dragons: Continues Rot 4 2016 7 years 8 months ago #1444

• Sarge
You were fighting renegade Ogres, which I know are Giant type, but just wanted to clarify

Also, the teleport scroll took you to Waterdeep, not Baldurs Gate
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Sarge.
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds