R1/2020: Blades in the Dark 4 days 18 hours ago #4224

• mikeawmids
  • I cast phantasmal duck!
Rotation 1, 2020
Referee Name: mikeawmids
Game System: Blades in the Dark
Number of Players: 4
New Characters: Yes

Blades in the Dark is a game about daring scoundrels building a criminal enterprise on the haunted streets of an industrial-fantasy city. There are heists, chases, escapes, dangerous bargains, bloody skirmishes, deceptions, betrayals, victories and death.

We play to find out if the fledgling crew can thrive amidst the teeming threats of rival gangs, powerful noble families, vengeful ghosts, the Bluecoats of the City Watch and the siren song of the scoundrel's own vices.

The game takes place in the cold, foggy city of Doskvol. It's industrial in its development - there are trains, steam boats, printing presses, simple electrical technology, carriages and the black smog of chimney smoke everywhere. Dosvol is something like a mash-up of Venice, London and Prague. It's crowded with row-houses, twisting streets and criss-crossed with hundreds of little waterways and bridges.

The city is also fantasy. The world is in perpetual darkness and haunted by ghosts - a result of the cataclysm that shattered the sun and broke the Gates of Death one thousand years ago. The cities of the empire are each encircled by crackling lightning towers to keep out the vengeful spirits and twisted horrors of the deathlands. To power these massive barriers, the titanic metal ships of the leviathan hunters are sent out from Doskvol to extract ectoplasmic blood from massive demonic terrors upon the ink-dark Void Sea.

Essentialy, you're a band of thieves in a haunted Victorian-era city, trapped inside a wall of lightning powered by demon blood.

BitD is not your standard 'kick down the door and kill the monster' D&D clone, it's designed to be rules-lite and narrative focused. It wont be for everyone, but if it sounds like your cup of tea, it should be a lot of fun.

Thread locked. Recruitment will open 05/12/19.
Last Edit: 4 days 18 hours ago by mikeawmids.
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: mikeawmids, Andy Boyne
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds