Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [R6] Storm King's Thunder - Discussion

[R6] Storm King's Thunder - Discussion 7 years 6 months ago #1575

• antidog
  • Heroic Character
Well, I did say I probably went too far in the backstory lol.

Having said that, I never specified the source of the dreams so it could still be the ancient ghost shaman blue bear reaching out across the world with magic to draw someone like me to help...
Why does my D20 only go up to 4?
The topic has been locked.

[R6] Storm King's Thunder - Discussion 7 years 6 months ago #1576

• crusader_hank
  • Heroic Character
Blue bear sounds good to me

[R6] Storm King's Thunder - Discussion 7 years 6 months ago #1577

• Sprite_goblin89
Woah, I've missed a lot!

I'll attach my character's back story below, but I wrote it before reading the player's handbook and didn't realise that it was more directed. I can change my story to suit if required, otherwise, if you're happy for me to roll with it, I'll be happy enough :)

Half-orc Druid
Criminal (framed)
CN

Traded by a band of orcs who slew my mother and orcish father (due to old prejudices), I was left to entertain the children of a fat lordling who had a penchant for young "half-breeds". Often finding solace in the woods and greens connected to the outer walls, I spent most of my youth in the overgrowth; it was here I began to appreciate my affinity for the wildlife of the hold.
After forging a strong bond with a squirrel I named Acortail (who kept me company and brought me peace when the beating got severe) I expanded my knowledge of stealth and woodcraft. After many birth-moons passed, the lordling, now a lord, following the untimely death of his father, sought to dispell the rumours that he usurped his father's seat by framing me for the poisoning; spurred by racism and a few coins passed to a few choice officials, I found myself in the city's prison, confined to rot.

During my incarceration, I heard stories from many cruel men, and learned of a multitude of criminal skills. I wasn't pleased to be placed alongside this scum, yet I did learn to become more resourceful... Aside from Acortail, my gaoler, Dunkahn, a dim-witted but endearing human, became somewhat of a friend; he often gave me an additional trencher near week's end; and Acortail, who, as the Autumns came and went became older and slower, yet still retained his crimson tail. I later realised that his lifeforce was lengthened due to my druidic essence permeating through his tiny body. When the day came that he eventually shifted his mortal coil, Dunkahn allowed me to bury him in the yard. Were it not for his slow-wit, I would have had no choice but to return to my foul cell, yet when he needed to pass water, I saw my opportunity and had to make my escape. I never looked back. He probably replaced me in that cell come to think of it. A shame, truly. But I was innocent, or at least I once was. The lord must pay.
On the run, I had to fend for myself in the woods. Travelling into the local town to offer menial labour, I met the 'secret spinner', a feared criminal who offered help for exchange of message running. Years passed in his service (his help didn't come cheaply), thus I, Therutir Charredwood arrives at Nightstone, to deliver a message...

How does this sound Mike?

Here's an example of what I'm thinking - young looking - more inheritance from his human blood. Less bulk than common orcs, allowing for faster, more discreet movement through the trees.
Imagine a quarterstaff in place of the blade!

Any other input would be welcome!
On a side note, I'm struggling with the character sheet, could I insert my char sheet and ask for help to fill in the blanks?
Many thanks,
Conner

[R6] Storm King's Thunder - Discussion 7 years 6 months ago #1604

• fruitviking
  • Tenth Level
Jaya Windriver, Human Rogue, LN, Female 38 years old.

20 years ago Lao Jia was a raw conscript soldier in the Shou army. Her nerve broke when her unit was overrun by Tuigan tribesmen and she deserted. Heading west, leaving behind family and friends she eventually came to Neverwinter and fell in with the criminal underworld there. An up and coming thief named Ander Windriver took a shine to her and they were married. Jia became Jaya Windriver and started working as a fence. Her speciality was adopting a series of alternate identities (including 'Grandma Wu', a kindly old trader in secondhand goods) to throw the city guards off the scent. Ander and Jaya had two sons - Bran and Gethen (died age 10, fall from rooftop. Jaya still blames herself - unjustifiably - for his death). Tragedy struck again two years ago when fever swept the Neverwinter jail and took many lives, Ander's included. Jaya, now a well-respected fence, carried on as best she could. Bran, now grown into an adventurous teenager, got into some gang trouble and fearing for his safety, Jaya sent him away to stay with some friends who ran a farm. On her last visit she found the farm deserted and signs of a struggle. There have been rumours of giants taking captives from settlements. Jaya went straight back to Neverwinter, closed up her business and prepared for a long journey. She was going to find her boy.

Six months have passed and Jaya finds herself on the road to Nightstone, hoping to find a lead there.

Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by fruitviking.

[R6] Storm King's Thunder - Discussion 7 years 6 months ago #1611

• crusader_hank
  • Heroic Character
hi
Attachments:

[R6] Storm King's Thunder - Discussion 7 years 6 months ago #1612

• antidog
  • Heroic Character
Dragor Taliovic. Wild Magic sorcerer.
Attachments: