Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R4: Realms of Cthulhu Death in Luxor

R4: Realms of Cthulhu Death in Luxor 6 years 9 months ago #2211

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Lack of interest, I am going to skip tomorrow night. See y'all the following week. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

R4: Realms of Cthulhu Death in Luxor 6 years 9 months ago #2219

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
Hazmat sucked the last remnants of smoke from his cheroot, and tossed the stub out of the window, being sure to raise the window quickly for the torrent was especially grim today. The smoldering stub hit the tarmac and hissed before being consigned to a watery demise. He watched the exchange between his charges and the local police with bemusement as the newcomers made their way towards his vehicle. The Austin 7 had been gifted to him by an English gentleman 2 years previous, upon successful completion of his expedition.

After a brief conflict with the engine which resulted in Chris getting rather full of aviation fuel the investigators made their way through the labyrinth of buildings that is North Luxor, skirting the river and passing the brightly lit hotels and clubs on the riverfront before ducking back into the sprawl and eventually arriving at the gated Chicago House. A cheery farewell and lubrication of palms later and the investigators stood before the colonial structure.

All seemed quiet, save for the croaks of frogs. If gods be damned if the whole place wasn’t crawling with them. Picking their way through them our subjects made their way to the double doors, knocking and receiving no reply. A dim light seeped beneath the door, from some unseen illumination within. On the edges of his hearing, Frederick recognized the jumpy tune of ‘Smile at Me Baby’ repeating itself on what was obviously a stuck gramophone within.

With a deft flick of his wrist, Frederick opened the door, quite pleased with himself with the ease in which the locked mechanism yielded to his ACME ‘needles’. Peering within Frederick was met with a gruesome sight, illuminated suitable dramatically by a convenient flash of lightning. Against the tall windows at the back of the stud, in silhouette could be seen the hanging corpse of non other than Dr Bollacher, the investigator’s patron and long time friend.

The investigation was on. Entering the house the investigators, now wary of what they were walking into discovered some odd items, no suicide note, traces of blood, 2 relatively fresh corpses sitting in armchairs staring into the charred remains of a hastily ignited fire, on top of which was a burning block of incense, in a fireplace over which was scrawled some letters in soon to be identified blood. The writing instruments, a number of severed fingers lay upon the hearth.

Further investigations identified a strange shaped tablet, upon which an inscription describing the ‘hapi’, and yet another corpse, this time of Bollacher’s friendly rival, Dr Jameson.
The investigators continued to search the house, becoming more and more aware that without suitable alibi, and the reliability of the Egyptian court system they were treading on very ‘ropey’ ground indeed.

They carried on, torches in hand…

R4: Realms of Cthulhu Death in Luxor 6 years 8 months ago #2242

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
The next session will be 3rd August. Please post here if you can attend.

R4: Realms of Cthulhu Death in Luxor 6 years 8 months ago #2281

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
Has this died? Can't really roll on with 2 players. :(

R4: Realms of Cthulhu Death in Luxor 6 years 8 months ago #2285

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
I can attend. Happy to continue this or just rock some one shots. Whatever works for the group.

R4: Realms of Cthulhu Death in Luxor 6 years 8 months ago #2288

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
Well we have 2 sessions left. What do you suggest? We only have 2 players.
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds