Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tomb Of Annihilation- discussion thread

Tomb Of Annihilation- discussion thread 4 years 6 months ago #4316

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Tomb of Annihilation - Journal of a Terrafolk

'What a wonderful day to be a large, flying monstrosity,' I thought as I rose from my nest of human bones, blissfully ignorant of how it would end, 'I can't wait to snatch up some unsuspecting travellers and drop them from the spire of the huge rock where we terrafolk make our home.'

After some light stretches to loosen up the old wing muscles, I took flight over the jungle. My throat was a little parched, so I headed for the river.

But what was that? Three brand new, shop-bought canoes, poorly concealed near the riverbank! And over there - a human woman banging a small drum to drive away predators! A wise precaution that may have discouraged beasts less motivated by malice, but we terrafolk have a reputation to maintain! The Chultans don't call us "ak-flappa-backo" * without good cause!

* "those winged bastards"

Returning to the Finger, I roused my flock and a dozen of us flew out to intercept these foolish/delicious intruders. I targeted the most weak and vulnerable among them, a small, hideous child in unfashionable pyjamas. I was so distracted with the thought of pecking out his tasty eye jelly that I failed to notice as he backflipped into the air and shattered my spine with a deft thrust of his small, yet surprisingly hairy, palm.

The survivors of that initial, ill-fated attack flew back to the Finger in disarray. I watched them go from the corner of my eye, unable even to turn my head from the angle it had fallen.

"Don't leave me like this!" I cried, but it comes out as "SQWAAARK!!" and the loathsome midget scampers off, leaving me broken. I wonder if he feels bad, or even thinks at all about what he's done. I'll never see my lovely monster wife again, or regurgitate half-eaten travellers into the hungry mouths of my beautiful monster babies. As I lie here, immobile, waiting for some carrion eater to finish the job, I reflect on my life choices and realise that it was only ever going to end badly for me. It's a monster's life, being a monster.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tomb Of Annihilation- discussion thread 4 years 6 months ago #4317

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
Brilliant Mike.. lol.
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.

Tomb Of Annihilation- discussion thread 4 years 6 months ago #4320

• Andy Boyne
Great write ups guys - thanks

Tomb Of Annihilation- discussion thread 4 years 6 months ago #4321

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
guys I am in Leeds on Thursday,. I will not be back until quite late - not Hugh late obviously - but probably not arriving until 8.30...

Tomb Of Annihilation- discussion thread 4 years 6 months ago #4322

• Steboacha
  • Heroic Character
Thoughts of unformed Loish

He's in trouble and I'm not able to help him yet.
He has yet to gain the ability to summon me. I wonder how strong the bond between us will be and how varied my form will take.
He has lost one of his companions already and I fear he will lose another by the time he calls me.
He has proven himself capable in combat situations but I wonder if his lack of focus will hinder the group he is with.
With the danger he's in he might not survive long enough for us to finally meet...
Oh no, one of the group that he's protecting has fallen in battle for the last time. This will weigh heavily on him and I'm not there to comfort him. I hope this doesn't cause another killing spree...
You're on the other side of the rabbit hole. Now it's time to die.
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Steboacha.

Tomb Of Annihilation- discussion thread 4 years 6 months ago #4337

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
In london on Thursday, I may be late, all dependent on virgins... err virgin rail.

Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds