Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Murder in the Dark - An Eberron Story...

Murder in the Dark - An Eberron Story... 6 years 8 months ago #2308

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
R5 - Murder in the dark
System: DnD5 (Eberron variant, some rule changes)
Ref: Inept
Character Levels: 1st
New Characters: yes
Number of Players: 4 (the player each need a reason to be in Sharn, and each knows the others well enough to be sharing a drink and a meal at the start of the story). Please note, I will likely make most of the sessions by I will be away for at least one due to work.

The City of Sharn rises serenely above the plains, but this image is an illusion, for Sharn is one of the busiest cities in all of Khorvaire . Sharn is known as The City of Towers, but has also been called many other names, including The City of Knives, The City of Lost Souls, The City of a Thousand Eyes, the Gateway to Xen'Drik, and The Gateway to Perdition. It's among the largest cities in Khorvaire with its 200.000 inhabitants and the largest city in Breland - although not the capital. The city is divided into several plateaus that rise from below ground level to skies above. Each plateau divides the city into districts, which stratify vertically and are themselves divided into several sections. The lowest wards of the city are called The Cogs, and if you were to walk to the heights of Sharn you would pass through The Depths, the Lower City, Middle City, Upper City, and then finally you would need to find some method of travel to the highest section of Sharn, which is Skyway. Generally, the higher you are in Sharn, the wealthier the citizens are.

There are five distinct plateaus, known as Central Plateau, Menthis Plateau, Northedge, Dura, and Tavick's Landing and, Cliffside (a neighborhood perched on the side of the cliff).

Sharn is a centre of enlightenment and trade, philosophy and magic, it is also a place intrigue, political manoeuvring, upheaval, crime and murder. It is said that no one who visits Sharn leaves unscathed.

And so the adventurers find themselves in Sharn, in the Upper city, high enough that some of the rain falling down is not intercepted by walkways or overhanging buildings, and the stench of the Depths is largely absent. But for the rain, it would be a pleasant enough evening, and certainly the place to be to find a rich patron or well paid work.. The evening has not been a great success from a work point of view, but the food and ale are far better quality (and more expensive) here than lower down. Walking between alehouses and meeting halls you finally decide to leave Menthis Plateau and seek the Central Plateau bars and restaurants.

The rain falls heavier, obscuring the walkway which is only dimly lit with everbright lanterns. Huddled against the rain, you hurry forward, and faintly hear a groan of pain in the distance, something seems to fall into a patch of light shed by an everbright lantern, there is a faint cry for help, "Please.... help m..."

Character creation on week 1. new race options Warforged and Shifter. new background option Dragonmarked (dependent on race)
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Inept.
The topic has been locked.

Murder in the Dark - An Eberron Story... 6 years 8 months ago #2309

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Which rotation is this being posted for?

Murder in the Dark - An Eberron Story... 6 years 8 months ago #2324

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.

Murder in the Dark - An Eberron Story... 6 years 8 months ago #2326

• alaric79
  • New Character!
Can I stick my name down for that. things have settled down and can start coming back cheers

Murder in the Dark - An Eberron Story... 6 years 8 months ago #2327

• matt486
  • Tenth Level
Put me down for this one! Then head to the chat box and laugh at me putting this message there by mistake...

Murder in the Dark - An Eberron Story... 6 years 8 months ago #2331

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
Yes please.
  • Page:
Moderators: mikeawmids, Andy Boyne
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds