Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: R5 Rise of the Runelords (notice of cancellation)

R5 Rise of the Runelords (notice of cancellation) 6 years 1 month ago #2752

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Scenario: Rise of the Runelords / The Spires of Xin Shalast
System: Savage Worlds
Ref: mikeawmids
Special: This is a continuation game, spaces will be reserved for returning players (Andrek, Val, CrusaderHank, Vic, AndrewStatham, Steboacha)
# of Players: 6

A Runelord Rises!

The Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path concludes! The Runelord of Greed, Karzoug the Claimer, stirs in the legendary city of Xin-Shalast. There are more forces than an ancient evil wizard at work in this remote corner of Golarion, a place where the boundaries between reality and nightmare are unnaturally thin. Karzoug's minions have awakened as well, among them giants and dragons and devils and worse. Could there be an even deeper evil poised to emerge from the darkness at the dawn of time? Can the Rise of the Runelords be stopped?

So this is it. It was 2012 when you first rolled up your characters and set out to save Sandpoint from the depredations of goblins and somehow, it's now up to you to save the entire world from a tyrannical wizard king and his army of rune giants. This will be the epic conclusion of the Rise of the Runelords adventure path.

Posting this early as many of the returning players are signed up for Horror on the Orient Express in R4 and R6.

Also, I'm not sure we will need all 8 weeks to finish it (probably closer to 4/5), so does anyone from among the players want to do a split rotation?

Also II, there are rumors of a revised Savage Worlds book called Savage Worlds Black coming out mid 2018. If it is available to me, I will likely be adopting the new rules (assuming they aren't shit and don't differ to dramatically from the existing rules).
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by mikeawmids.
The topic has been locked.

R5 Rise of the Runelords (The Epic Conclusion!) 6 years 1 month ago #2753

• Andrek
  • Elite Member
Count me in! SW is overdue for revision so I would welcome a revamp. The magic in particular needs some adjustment.

R5 Rise of the Runelords (The Epic Conclusion!) 6 years 1 month ago #2754

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Andrek wrote:
Count me in! SW is overdue for revision so I would welcome a revamp. The magic in particular needs some adjustment.

Climbing/Swimming/Throwing combined into the Athletics skill.

Lockpicking renamed to Thievery and it gets a few other thief-related things explicitly like disarming traps and pickpocketing.

Performance is added to the skill list.

Knowledge skills (Academia, Battle, Medicine, Occult, Science) are listed as "these are useful ones we've called out for this setting, make up your own if you want but you'll have to make them useful yourself"

More clarification between the terms Round, Turn, and Action. Round = everybody's turns, all the way from Ace down to Deuce. Turn = everything one character does on their action card in the round. Action = a single use of a skill, etc; a character's turn can consist of multiple actions.

Five new conditions, Distracted (-2 to all Trait rolls); Vulnerable (+2 to rolls against this character); Entangled (can't move and Distracted); Bound (can't move, Distracted, Vulnerable, can't take physical actions other than trying to break free); Stunned (prone, can't move, can't take actions, attackers get The Drop, at start of turn roll Vigor, on success you're Shaken, on a raise you're fine again). Most of these conditions already existed in the system, they just didn't have names.

The new conditions are used in the updated Tests of Will (Smarts or Spirit based options, non-physical, causes Distracted status on success and special table on raise) and Tricks (Agility or Strength based options, physical, causes Vulnerable status on success and special table on raise). I like these changes a lot; it makes them more consistent and interesting.

Updated grappling rules use Entangled and Bound conditions as well.

It's the general consensus over on the Pinnacle forums that the chase rules will get an overhaul too. No mention; re: magic.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by mikeawmids.

R5 Rise of the Runelords (The Epic Conclusion!) 6 years 1 month ago #2755

• andrewstatham99
  • New Character!
I'm in!

R5 Rise of the Runelords (The Epic Conclusion!) 6 years 1 month ago #2756

• Steboacha
  • Heroic Character
Solaris will return!
You're on the other side of the rabbit hole. Now it's time to die.

R5 Rise of the Runelords (The Epic Conclusion!) 6 years 1 month ago #2759

• Val
  • Heroic Character
Sign me up Mike
Looking forward to the conclusion
  • Page:
Moderators: mikeawmids, Andy Boyne
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds