R5: Tomb Of Annihilation: 5th edition D&D 4 years 9 months ago #4035

• Andy Boyne
Rotation: 5
System: D&D 5th edition
Ref: Andy Boyne
Title: Tomb Of Annihilation
New Players: yes Level 1
Max Players: 5

Anyone welcome to sign up. We will do character generation in the first week. Happy for any races / classes / alignments as long as the party generally get on.

Hint : the majority of this adventure is set in tropical Chult so you won’t want to be wearing metal armour of any sort - heat exhaustion is not clever when you are trekking through the jungle, 30 miles from the nearest civilisation.

It would be really helpful, and interesting, if players could devise and share their character backgrounds. I have a few hooks to include here and would like to tailor the adventure to the characters. I’m not expecting an essay, just a few paragraphs but it’s entirely up to you how much you write.

Naturally, I will be awarding bonuses to those who do provide character backgrounds and/or post write-ups each week, peaking with the following:

Character background plus promise to write up each week’s events for all 8 weeks = start with a +1 magic item agreed with me.

Bonuses also available for good role playing in line with character background, coming up with a good plan, making people laugh and ensuring that we all have fun.
The topic has been locked.

R5: Tomb Of Annihilation: 5th edition D&D 4 years 9 months ago #4074

• Bane
  • Elite Member
I'll sign up for this please, but I will be missing for three weeks, no. problem. If that is an issue.

R5: Tomb Of Annihilation: 5th edition D&D 4 years 9 months ago #4077

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
I would have been interested - but unfortunately I have the book and have read it cover to cover - I think that compromises me somewhat.
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.

R5: Tomb Of Annihilation: 5th edition D&D 4 years 9 months ago #4078

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
I would also like to play in this plz.

I was signed up for Tom's SW game before this was announced, but have wanted to play this adventure since it was released. Hopefully that is Ok.

Also, it was me that unlocked the thread, but I purposefully waited 1.5 hours before signing up to it, which I hope negates any advantage I may have had.

I will miss week 1 due to partner's bday, but will be around for the other 7.
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by mikeawmids.

R5: Tomb Of Annihilation: 5th edition D&D 4 years 9 months ago #4080

• Bane
  • Elite Member
Garuda wrote:
I have the book and have read it cover to cover - I think that compromises me somewhat.
The game is about enjoyment and fun, not so sure you knowing the adventure will have much bearing. We played White Plume Mountain recently and we all know that, and will still managed to naff it up up royally.
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Bane.

R5: Tomb Of Annihilation: 5th edition D&D 4 years 9 months ago #4083

• Mr. B
  • Elite Member
Like Baney, I'd like to play this, but also like Baney, would be absent the first three weeks and AGAIN like Baney ( :ohmy: ), no worries if an issue!
Moderators: mikeawmids, Andy Boyne
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds