• Page:

TOPIC: R2 2022 - Waterdeep Dragonheist - DnD 5e cont

R2 2022 - Waterdeep Dragonheist - DnD 5e cont 2 years 3 months ago #5745

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
Game Mode: 5E
Number of players: 5
DM: Rhodsey
Leveling: Milestone so don't keep asking!
New Players: First dibs to the returning players if any don't come back then will have some spare slots.

Sarge
Sant
BC_Kidge (not seen him back since post lockdown if anyone has contact details for him let him know please).
Mike
Tom

2 years later considering attempting to run this in R2 once more. I posted on the discussion thread if people were still interested but didn't get any response. So for the existing players I'd like to know (please respond with both)

A) if you are interested in returning in R2 and are free.
B) would you prefer to start over because you can't remember what the hell happened or would you like to pickup where you left off?

If pick up where left off I'll try write a summary of where you got to and what you had done and anything I can remember about your characters. I still have everyone's character sheets etc. I may even move you along ever so slightly to a point that's more of a natural break/pickup than where we left it.

If start over if people want to redo characters that's also fine as it's 2 years later and you might have played that character concept elsewhere.

Original description of my noobness below.

First time DMing a full campaign so be gentle. Anyone familiar with the Waterdeep Dragonheist campaign guide wouldn't get much enjoyment. A few common sense rules.

1 - DM has final say. If you think I've got a specific rule wrong suggest it and we'll check it together (I'll be learning too) but if I make a decision it's final. too much "negotiating with the DM" can slow down the flow of the game for all the other players.

2 - It's a group game. Everyone should get chance to play and play to their characters strengths and everyone should get equal time to shine.

3 - Play to your flaws. Flaws are what make a character interesting. Not everyone is great at everything. If you're smart you might be poor with people etc.
The topic has been locked.

R2 2022 - Waterdeep Dragonheist - DnD 5e cont 2 years 3 months ago #5751

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
Yeah I'm in.

R2 2022 - Waterdeep Dragonheist - DnD 5e cont 2 years 3 months ago #5752

• Sarge
Definitely sign me up

I’d say start at the natural breakpoint you suggested and provide a brief summary as to what has happened thus far

R2 2022 - Waterdeep Dragonheist - DnD 5e cont 2 years 3 months ago #5758

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Please sign me up. I remember nothing of my character, or the story, so can I roll up a new character for when we resume play, plz?
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by mikeawmids.

R2 2022 - Waterdeep Dragonheist - DnD 5e cont 2 years 3 months ago #5759

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
mikeawmids wrote:
Please sign me up. I remember nothing of my character, or the story, so can I roll up a new character for when we resume play, plz?

quick edit there :) But yeah you're in no worries (I might run a non 5e game as well one rotation (Coriolis) was just asked to pick this one back up so I can understand the original sentiment about 5e burnout).

your character was the badly optimised Wizard who learnt magic from a Rat in the sewers but you can definitely re-roll a new one if you so choose.

If I recall (not got sheets with me) the party currently has (or had)

Barbarian - Sant
Fighter - Sarge
Monk - Tom
Rogue - Luke (if he comes back)
Wizard - Was you.

R2 2022 - Waterdeep Dragonheist - DnD 5e cont 2 years 3 months ago #5760

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
I am famously indecisive. :D
  • Page:
Moderators: mikeawmids, Andy Boyne
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds