Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Drakkenheim City of Danger

Drakkenheim City of Danger 1 year 7 months ago #6246

• moc
  • Elite Member
No problems with tasha . Send me the different stats .. and abilities and will let you know which I want you to use
The topic has been locked.

Drakkenheim City of Danger 1 year 7 months ago #6249

• Count Crow
  • Tenth Level
Ok there are actually two options, the first in Volo's Guide to Monsters and the second in Monsters of the Multiverse, which expands on the character customisation rules set out in Tasha's. My preferred option is the one in Monsters of the Multiverse. If you'd prefer, I picked the Volo's build, I'll likely look at another class/race combo.

1. Volo's Guide to Monsters-

Ability Score Increase. Your Constitution score increases by 2, and your Intelligence score increases by 1.

Age. Hobgoblins mature at the same rate as humans and have lifespans similar in length to theirs.

Size. Hobgoblins are between 5 and 6 feet tall and weigh between 150 and 200 pounds. Your size is Medium.

Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.

Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Martial Training. You are proficient with two martial weapons of your choice and with light armor.

Saving Face. Hobgoblins are careful not to show weakness in front of their allies, for fear of losing status. If you miss with an attack roll or fail an ability check or a saving throw, you can gain a bonus to the roll equal to the number of allies you can see within 30 feet of you (maximum bonus of +5). Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Goblin.

2. Monsters of the Multiverse

Ability Score Increase Increase one score of your choice by 2 and another score by 1, or increase three different scores by 1.

Age. Hobgoblins mature at the same rate as humans and have lifespans similar in length to theirs.

Size. Hobgoblins are between 5 and 6 feet tall and weigh between 150 and 200 pounds. Your size is Medium.

Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.

Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Fey Ancestry You have advantage on saving throws you make to avoid or end the charmed condition on yourself.

Fey Gift You can use this trait to take the Help action as a bonus action and you can do so a number of times equal to you proficiency bonus. You regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.
Starting at 3rd level, choose one of the options below, each time you take the Help action with this trait:

Hospitality - You and the creature you help each gain a number of temporary hit points equal to 1d6 + your proficiency bonus.
Passage - You and the creature you help each increase your walking speeds by 10 feet until the start of your next turn.
Spite - Until the start of your next turn, the first time the creature you help hits a target with an attack roll, that target has disadvantage on the next attack roll, it makes within the next minute.

Fortune From the Many If you miss with an attack roll or fail an ability check or saving throw, you can draw on your bonds of reciprocity to gain a bonus to the roll equal to the number of allies you can see within 30 feet of you (to a max of +3) You can use this trait equal to a number of times as your proficiency bonus and your regain all expanded uses at a long rest.

Phew that was a lot of typing! :pinch: Let me know if Mordenkainen's rules are OK and I'll get you a name etc. Do you want stats now and if so how do you want them - point buy/ standard array or do we roll together at the table?

Drakkenheim City of Danger 1 year 7 months ago #6252

• moc
  • Elite Member
Hi we do a 27 point buy. For stats.

OK you can have MOTU ... but only if you can make a thematic way that you give other players these boosts. How would it look ? I will also say if it does turn out to be too broken I reserve the right to chance or amend it
Sound fair ?

Drakkenheim City of Danger 1 year 7 months ago #6253

• Count Crow
  • Tenth Level
No problem will make stats and send them over whenever you want them.

I'm hoping to gear towards an Oath of Conquest Paladin, so a Hobgoblin who believes he has the divine right to challenge Drakkenheim because he is a warrior. He wants to prove himself and this is the ultimate crucible.

He is going to bestow this help onto other PCs through, what he sees, is inspiring leadership but is most likely yelling at them and wondering why no one else thinks like he does (he believes violence and just being a Hobgoblin makes him superior to others). I'd imagine a very angry Hobgoblin can be quite persuasive!

Is that ok?

By all means if he turns out to be busted, he can be changed.

Drakkenheim City of Danger 1 year 7 months ago #6254

• moc
  • Elite Member
OK.. I will allow it. I do expect some arrogance in your orders. BTW Drakkenheim is the city your going to

Drakkenheim City of Danger 1 year 7 months ago #6255

• Count Crow
  • Tenth Level
Yeah his ego is that big he wants to conquer the whole city on his own. Anyone that wants to help is welcome to I suppose ;)
Moderators: mikeawmids, Andy Boyne
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds