Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Online games

Online games 3 years 9 months ago #4963

• Steboacha
  • Heroic Character
Andy, as Mike's out of it on Sunday, could we do some sort of tester? I've not used discord or roll20 before.

Also would you consider using a slightly different array maybe 17,15, 13, 12,10,8 (from the internet) or even Andy B's 18, 15,14,12,11,10 from TOA? (Apologies in advance for dragging you into this Andy B :)
The standard array does not lend well to the use of feats, as they have been tied to ASIs(IMHO).
You're on the other side of the rabbit hole. Now it's time to die.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Online games 3 years 9 months ago #4964

• mikeawmids
  • Platinum Member
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Fantastic Adventures #2; 28/05/2020

Today was the second session of our online adventure! I was re-joined by;
  • Adam, playing Anton Greyson, human rogue,
  • Ian, playing Connor Darkmane, human fighter,
  • Andy, playing Isten Ishilmae, wood elf cleric of the moon.

After spending the night in Whitesparrow, the party travel to the Lonely Torch, to deliver justice unto Ralahaz the Night Blade. The day is wet and overcast, but a light drizzle cannot dampen the heroes spirits!
The abandoned watch tower sits atop a barren hillside choked with thorny vines. Remembering the warning from the reformed bandit, Isten reluctantly pisses on his own boots, for whatever protection that will provide against the poisonous weeds. Anton and Connor follow suit. Surprisingly, the acrid stench of urine does repel the creeping foliage and the heroes advance without incident.

A gargoyle squats above the tower's only entrance, scratching its armpit. The stony guardian fails to notice the heroes skulking in the bushes. Two bandits stand vigil within, although they are more concerned with keeping dry than keeping watch.
The heroes get the drop on these two ruffians. Anton kills the first quickly, but the second makes a fighting retreat down into the dungeon beneath the tower, where another half dozen Night Blades lie in wait.

The party pursue and find themselves outnumbered. Anton and Connor hold the doorway, forcing the bandits into a choke point where their greater numbers count for nothing. Isten hangs back, providing healing where necessary.
Connor swings his greatsword overhead, hoping to cleave his adversary in twain. He inadvertently destroys one of the wooden supports holding up the ceiling, causing a large piece of crumbling masonry to collapse. The exit to the surface is blocked by rubble!

With nowhere to run, the heroes are forced into a fight for their lives! The party prevail over the bandits, although Anton and Connor are both injured.
Part of the southern wall has been broken through, revealing steps down into the dark. A stone door in the eastern wall opens into a dusty throne room, where a masked individual lounges insolently across the seat of some long dead king. He is attended by four Night Blades sycophants and a bloated stirge perches upon his shoulder.

The heroes had heard rumours that a burned man wearing a golden mask now lead the Night Blades, but this odd fellow does not match Sheriff Willowmane's description of Ralahaz.
Whoever he is, the heroes decide he needs to be dealt with.

After a lengthy discussion, the party decide to kick open the door and start making attack rolls. While lacking subtlety, they do catch the remaining Night Blades unaware.

And there we ended it.

Lessons from session #2;
  • Ambient music can be atmospheric - but more often than not, it just gets on people's nerves.

Online games 3 years 9 months ago #4968

• mikeawmids
  • Platinum Member
Are we good to go for session #3 tomorrow night?

We should finish Night Blades this week, so give some thought to what you would like to do next. If you're happy to stick around in Whitesparrow, I can continue to run stuff from Fantastic Adventures, but if you're not feeling it, let me know what kind of campaign you would prefer.
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by mikeawmids.

Online games 3 years 9 months ago #4970

• Andrek
  • Elite Member
But of course.

Online games 3 years 9 months ago #4971

• mikeawmids
  • Platinum Member
Are we on for tonight?

Online games 3 years 9 months ago #4972

• Andrek
  • Elite Member
I'm up for it!
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds