Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: R4: Episode 5.5 - The Tydirium Incident

R4: Episode 5.5 - The Tydirium Incident 8 years 2 weeks ago #1301

• antidog
  • Heroic Character
Thought I'd open the discussion thread for this game. Here's the opening title crawl again for flavour...

A long time ago in a galaxy far,
far away...

STAR
WARS

Episode V.V

THE TYDIRIUM INCIDENT

The Rebel fleet has gathered in the Sullust system where the final preparations are taking place for the final, desperate assault on the Empire's second Death Star, currently under construction in orbit around the forest moon of Endor.

Before the attack can take place, the last, crucial element of the Alliance's plan must be completed. The Rebellion's leader, Mon Mothma, along with her trusted advisers General Jan Dodonna and Admiral Ackbar, intend to dispatch a special strike team to infiltrate a remote Imperial outpost and retrieve some valuable clearance codes vital to the success of the Alliance's plan, from a Bothan spy deep undercover within the Empire.

These codes will allow a small ship to sneak through the Death Star's defensive perimeter and land an assault force tasked with destroying the shield generator that protects the incomplete battle station.

With Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, Lando Calrissian and the Wookie Chewbacca already engaged in a desperate mission to free Han Solo from the clutches of the gangster Jabba the Hutt, the Alliance must turn to some promising new recruits to infiltrate the Imperial outpost, locate the spy and retrieve the codes...
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

In case you have trouble locating it, the setting rules are found by typing Savage Star Wars 6.0 into Google. Should be the first entry.

Character gen will be first night as usual but feel free to work on your character concepts before then. Interesting backstories about their reasons for joining (and how they joined) the Rebellion will earn an extra Benny for the first session.

And just to keep all the info in one place, here are the important bits copied from the Proposals thread:

Firstly, If anyone wants to start out as Force Sensitive, then they may do so. That means you can take the Arcane Background (Force) at character creation. However, there are some caveats as to what I'll allow.

The main one being that, as this is set just before Return of the Jedi, it wouldn't be appropriate to have any fully fledged Jedi running about in the Rebellion considering Luke and Yoda are believed to be the only ones still around. So, you can take the basic Arcane Background but can't choose to be a Jedi, Sith or variant thereof. You will just be someone who has the basic Force set up. I believe that's 5 Force Points and 3 Force Powers as per the rules. You also won't have a mentor as you're just discovering your abilities at this point. You can't have your own lightsaber as they are extremely rare weapons that only a fully trained Jedi can build for themselves. By extension, lightsaber training is also out, obviously.

Secondly, we'll be using the Heroes Never Die setting rule from the Savage World's Deluxe as it seems appropriate to Star Wars.

Thirdly, as this is a homebrew setting and not an official one, it will be the GM's prerogative to amend things or make hard decisions as we go should anything not sit right, is way overpowered or if I feel it appropriate. As long as it's Star Wars-y, fun, high adventure etc, we'll be fine.

Thanks!

Andy S
Why does my D20 only go up to 4?
The topic has been locked.

R4: Episode 5.5 - The Tydirium Incident 8 years 1 week ago #1303

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
DAK DEGER
Jawa Gunrunner
AG: d8
SM: d6
SP: d8
ST: d4
VI: d6
-
P: 6"
CH: +0
PR: 5
TN: 6 (2)
-
HINDRANCES: Small, Weak, Enemy (Jabba the Hut), Greedy, Wanted (for weapon smuggling, among other infractions)
-
EDGES: Mechanic > Mr Fix-it, Ship, Rich
-
Fighting: d4
Notice: d6
Persuasion: d6
Piloting: d8
Repair: d4
Shooting: d8
Stealth: d6
Streetwise: d6
-
GEAR: Stun Baton, Heavy Blaster Pistol, Grenade Launcher (I could only afford one grenade, if that helps), Combat Jumpsuit (under usual Jawa robe)
-
BIO: Born on Tattooine, Dak got started selling droids/parts. One day, he chanced upon a group of dead Sand People (slaughtered by some angsty prick) and gathered up their weapons to sell. Dak realised there were more credits to be made in gunrunning than droid peddling and he took to his new trade like a gungan to water.
Several years on, Dak got on the bad side of Jabba the Hut when he flogged the crimelord some defective thermal detonators. He managed to escape in a stolen ship before he could be tossed into the Rancor pit. Since then, Dak has had to stay on the run, doing whatever jobs come his way and keeping one (glowing, yellow) eye open for Jabba's goons. As a result, he has ended up working with the Rebels, although they clearly trust the diminutive smuggler only so far as they must.

(The ship edge is awarded at the GM's discretion. The only other issue I forsee is the grenade launcher. My argument for allowing it is twofold. 1: he is a gunrunner and would have access to blackmarket weapons and 2: the idea of a Jawa with a grenade launcher is really cool! I initially wanted a rocket launcher, but that was too expensive - even with the Rich edge. But it is up to the GM and I will revise if necessary).
Last Edit: 8 years 1 week ago by mikeawmids.

R4: Episode 5.5 - The Tydirium Incident 8 years 1 week ago #1304

• crusader_hank
  • Heroic Character
Is it ok to take high g edge ?
Last Edit: 8 years 1 week ago by crusader_hank.

R4: Episode 5.5 - The Tydirium Incident 8 years 1 week ago #1306

• antidog
  • Heroic Character
Mike - if it conforms to the gen rules and you can afford it with your starting creds then the grenade launcher is fine. Only one grenade? Use it wisely!

The party will need a ship and a pilot (you won't be getting far without one!) so you can take the ship edge if you like. It'll be fairly basic though in terms of weapons etc. The millennium falcon it ain't! But come up with an interesting backstory for how you acquired it if you can!

Crusader - I may be suffering from carbonite blindness so could you point me in the direction of the high g edge cause I couldn't find anything on it?
Why does my D20 only go up to 4?

R4: Episode 5.5 - The Tydirium Incident 8 years 1 week ago #1308

• crusader_hank
  • Heroic Character
Heavy G Worlder (Background, Novice): Increase Str, Increase leaping, pace, and running , additional major hindrance or two minor.

From sci fi companion

Extract

explorations-of-the-cosmic-frontier.obsi...rtal.com/wikis/edges

R4: Episode 5.5 - The Tydirium Incident 8 years 1 week ago #1309

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
I'm guessing that we don't have to track blaster ammo, but we have a finite amount of explosives/grenades?

Also, The Force Awakens is out on DVD tomorrow in case anyone is looking for inspiration.
Last Edit: 8 years 1 week ago by mikeawmids.
  • Page:
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds