Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [R6] Storm King's Thunder - Discussion

[R6] Storm King's Thunder - Discussion 7 years 6 months ago #1640

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
CLARIFICATION OF ISSUES THAT AROSE IN WEEK 2

HIDING DURING COMBAT: As per Hiding rules on p177, you cannot hide from a creature that can see you. So you would have to move, break line of sight, then hide.

SHOOTING INTO COMBAT CONTINUED: On a roll of 1, the target must make a second ranged attack against allies AC (sorry Andy). :p

--

Optional houserule, feedback requested. This week, Gary asked to dive in front of attack meant for Richard. In future, if a PC is within 5ft of an ally being attacked, they can declare they want to interpose themself in the way of the attack before the attack roll is made. The attack is then made against them instead with advantage and the original target is knocked prone (as a result of being pushed out of harms way). What do you guys think?
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by mikeawmids.
The topic has been locked.

[R6] Storm King's Thunder - Discussion 7 years 6 months ago #1641

• antidog
  • Heroic Character
Sounds OK to me. Would it be worth including a Dex or athletics check to see if you can get there in time to block the hit?
Why does my D20 only go up to 4?

[R6] Storm King's Thunder - Discussion 7 years 6 months ago #1642

• crusader_hank
  • Heroic Character
fine by me

File Attachment:

File Name: barb31.pdf
File Size:93 KB

[R6] Storm King's Thunder - Discussion 7 years 6 months ago #1645

• crusader_hank
  • Heroic Character
We rested up and woke early in the morning to see a band of mercenaries riding towards the town. We let them enter the town , there is a lot of discussion on what to do with them . In the end the group decided to pretend to be guards and the lady of the keep . I do not enter in to this deception. After talking for a while the decision is made to kill them . This was done and taking their horses went to recover the villagers. We found the cave with easy and entering the cave we were attacked by goblins. But there was something else in the cave an ogre , I close immediately and get hit by a goblin arrow for my trouble , after trading blows the rogue comes and attacks the ogre as well , I try to shield the rogue from the attack but I am too late and she falls to the ground. The next thing I know the ogre has grappled me
Been a barbarian it's through Not used to being manhandled but that's what happened female ogre attempted to drag me away so I would be her mate but thankfully she was killed before that could happen. This has been a quite strange experience and I think I need to centre myself before I continue with the mission a Spirit quest maybe the way forward for me at this time

[R6] Storm King's Thunder - Discussion 7 years 6 months ago #1646

• crusader_hank
  • Heroic Character
I enter a dream state , knowing that the great bear will protect me while I sleep , the dreamscape is different every time you go there. This time it is a forest area , I am looking down into a clearing and then suddenly I am there , trees towering around me , I immediately look for tracks and signs of the bear . But there is no signs as yet , i head towards the trees alert for animals , I start running through the forest and blunder into a bear pit . I attempt to climb the sides but they are slippery to climb. Thinking about the problem I draw my long sword and using it as a piton I escape the pit , but having to leave it behind. I travel more cautiously and come across a wolf , it attacks me automatically and I have to grapple it to stop its violence attack, the battle seems to take for ages before I hear the crack of the wolfs jaw. I stagger from the dead wolfs body and find myself in front of the great bear. I kneel and ask for guidance in the encounters and battles ahead. He replies to say that I am on the right path and that not all battles are won by fighting be patience and you will find your prey , with my confidence restored I wake up

[R6] Storm King's Thunder - Discussion 7 years 6 months ago #1647

• fruitviking
  • Tenth Level
HIDING DURING COMBAT: As per Hiding rules on p177, you cannot hide from a creature that can see you. So you would have to move, break line of sight, then hide

What about a creature that is fighting another enemy and is therefore distracted? Can't I use the distraction to hide?- I'm only doing it to set up the next sneak attack. As somebody said last night, rogues are skirmish fighters and darting in and out of combat is what they do.

Optional houserule, feedback requested.

This could work. Would the interposing character be able to do this if their place in the initiative order comes after the attacking monster?
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds