Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Covert Ops - Discussion

Covert Ops - Discussion 7 years 1 month ago #1928

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Character creation on first night, should not take long. In the rules [as written], your career before joining SECTOR is the result of a random die roll. I'm guessing you guys might want a bit more say in your character back-stories, so pick something from this list and post an outline of your character here (name, age, ethnicity, distinguishing features, what you did to attract attention of a top secret organisation, etc...), if you get the chance. Each option has three linked perks and you get to pick one, but they will remain shrouded in mystery until the first night (unless you have your own copy of the PDF, I suppose). :p

0-04 Artist
05-09 Athlete
10-14 Blue Collar
15-19 Bureaucrat
20-24 Businessmen
25-29 Clergy
30-34 Criminal
35-39 Diplomat
40-44 Driver
45-49 Entertainer
50-54 Investigator
55-59 Law Enforcer
60-64 Medic
65-69 Military Veteran
70-74 Scholar
75-79 Student
80-84 Technician
85-89 Thrill-Seeker
90-94 Wealthy

Also, think about assigning two descriptors to your character. These work much like hindrances in Savage Words, they have no real impact on the mechanics of gameplay, but they should influence how you roleplay the character and how much XP you get at the end of a mission. Ideally, you want one positive descriptor (something good/wholesome) and one negative descriptor (something ugly/irritating).

EDIT: There is also a chance I might miss Week 8 (20/04/17) as I have my son over the Easter holiday, depends on availability of babysitter.
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by mikeawmids.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Covert Ops - Discussion 7 years 1 month ago #1929

• mikeawmids
Also, for a bonus bone (benny) in week one, post a pic of who would play your character if this were a movie.

You are new recruits assigned to SECTOR's Atlantic Base, a re-purposed oil rig disguised as a marine biology laboratory, located on the fringe of what is known as the Bermuda Triangle. Persons of interest on Atlantic Base....

DIRECTOR LUDLUM (playing himself!)

Nationality: American
A decorated officer with many years in the field. Looking forward to cleaning up this whole CITADEL fiasco so he can retire and dedicate his remaining years to writing outlandish spy stories.

--

Deputy Director ETHAN BIRDE (played by Guy Pearce)

Nationality: British
Abandoned a promising political career in order to join SECTOR. Has never served a combat mission or discharged his firearm outside of the firing range, but Atlantic Base would fall apart were it not for his charismatic manipulation of the many warring departments.

--

Head of Security, SAM HUNTER (played by Mike Colter)

Nationality: South African
Former mercenary and pirate, recruited to SECTOR due to his commanding presence and battlefield prowess. Commands the absolute loyalty of his hand-picked security detail on Atlantic Base. A grizzled veteran who does not suffer fools or rookies kindly.

--

Professor HUGH PEARCE (played by Pierce Brosnan - in a wheelchair!)

Nationality: British
The brilliant mind behind many of the gadgets utilized by SECTOR agents worldwide. Crippled at a young age in a sporting misadventure. Worked in the fabled Q Branch at MI5 before being recruited to SECTOR. Not a centaur - although he answers to the code-name: Hephaestus. It is rumored that he built an unauthorized rocket launcher into his wheelchair....

--

Professor Pearce's able assistant MIA MOREL (played by Emma Stone)

Nationality: French
Professor Pearce's lab assistant, code-name Pandora. Recruited via the Paris branch when she applied to join the DGSE. Arguably the most attractive single woman on Atlantic Base, she is as deft at fending off would-be suitors as she is at dismantling bombs.

Covert Ops - Discussion 7 years 1 month ago #1939

• mikeawmids
OPERATION BROKEN KNUCKLE

SECTOR has become aware of an imminent threat against the reputation of US presidential candidate Geoffery Shrub. The senator's son Barney enjoys the playboy lifestyle afforded by a wealthy but distant father and until now, the senator's office have managed to keep most of his misadventures out of the press. SECTOR has intercepted intel indicating the existence of a video showing Barney Shrub engaged in acts of gross indecency at a "gentleman's club" out the outskirts of Washington DC. The owner of the club secretly auctioned this footage to the highest bidder, which in this instance is an organisation we only know as CITADEL. Whether CITADEL intend to use the footage to gain leverage over the senator, or use it to sabotage his presidential campaign is uncertain. The exchange is scheduled to occur tonight at the same establishment that the recording was made, the 'North Pole'. Your objective is to prevent CITADEL from taking possession of the blackmail material by destroying the original video as well as any copies that may have been made.

KURT KRUISE (played by Ron Pearlman)

The owner of the club is an Alaskan biker called Kurt Kruise. He is the chapter leader of a biker gang calling themselves 'The Road Hogs'. The FBI have been investigating Kruise and his gang on suspicion of prostitution and human trafficking, but have been unable to secure a conviction. There is an FBI surveillance team staking out the 'North Pole', you are to avoid contact with this team. However, if you can secure evidence that Kruise and his gang are involved in any unlawful activity, SECTOR will ensure that it finds its way into the right hands.

OBJECTIVES

PRIMARY: Prevent sale of blackmail evidence to CITADEL agent. Destroy all copies of the blackmail evidence. [3DP]

SECONDARY: Find evidence that the 'Road Hogs' motorcycle gang is involved in unlawful activity. Avoid contact with FBI survelliance team on site [2DP].

OPTIONAL: Do not kill Kurt Kruise [1DP] / Capture the CITADEL agent [1DP].

Covert Ops - Discussion 7 years 1 month ago #1940

• Andrek
  • Elite Member
Please allow me to introduce Alec Trevelyan

More details to follow
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Andrek.

Covert Ops - Discussion 7 years 1 month ago #1941

• mikeawmids
Points for unoriginality. :p

You will get an extra bone in the first week. You cannot use this during character creation.

Anyone else posting a pic of their character (or who would play them in the movie) will also get a bone.

Covert Ops - Discussion 7 years 1 month ago #1944

• fruitviking
  • Tenth Level
Say hello to Stig Zango:

Zango was born to a Norwegian mother and a Nigerian father in Bergen, Norway. He started rallying before he was out of his teens and developed a reputation as a cool-headed but audacious driver. He financed his racing with a mixture of sponsorship and a chauffeuring job. One day the VIP he was driving - an Israeli diplomat - was the subject of an attempted kidnap. His limo was rammed and pursued by several SUVs but Zango outdrove them all and delivered his charge safely. The VIP's bodyguard was impressed and a little while later Stig joined Intensecure Close Protection. This job took him all over Europe and the USA, and while he enjoyed the glamorous world in which he now moved, he missed racing. After a while his passengers started to complain that their journeys were becoming rather more 'exciting and eventful' than they would like. Stig was on his third warning when a SECTOR operative hired him as a driver to pick up a contact from an hotel in Las Vegas. The contact's cover was blown and Zango found himself racing for his life across the Nevada desert. Fortunately he was more than equal to the task. A little later he left Intensecure and joined SECTOR.

Positive: Zango is cool, calm, collected and even cheerful in stressful situations, particularly when driving.
Negative: He is a bit OCD and needs to go through certain rituals before he can perform with poise and confidence. Examples include wiping the mirrors of any vehicle he is driving with a cloth he has kept since his first days rallying, or wearing exactly the same outfit (dark suit, red tie, white shirt) when on operations. If he is prevented from doing this he will not perform at his best.
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds