Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Covert Ops - Discussion

Covert Ops - Discussion 7 years 1 month ago #1974

• fruitviking
  • Tenth Level
1. SECTOR didn't provide us with fake identities, so pretending to be someone we couldn't later back up with documentation seemed like a worse idea.
2. When was the last time James Bond used a fake ID?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Covert Ops - Discussion 7 years 1 month ago #1975

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
lol :p

COVERT OPS - WEEK TWO/PART THREE

SAN SEBASTIAN, 18:00 HOURS: Stig parks the jeep outside 'Toni's', the mafia restaurant where Silvio Caruso is thought to be detained after Juliano thugs dragged the artist from his bed. Rather than enter the restaurant (nobody thought to reserve a table and the queue of hungry people waiting to be seated is out the door!), the team burst into the adjacent stationer's store and hold the clerk at gunpoint until he tells them how to get onto the roof (here's a hint: go up). To rub salt in the wound, they tie the poor man up with his own merchandise and dump him in a cupboard, his plight immediately forgotten!

The team jump across to the roof of the restaurant. A mafia guy hears them shuffling around up there and heads out to check, assuming the intruders to be a flock of particularly fat, clumsy seagulls. He reassesses that belief when Alek tasers him in the face. Another goon appears and Alek leaps at him. They both go crashing through a skylight into the storeroom below, where three more Juliano men were playing cards until Alek and his new friend fell through the ceiling.

"Don't forget to say something pithy," Aubrey insists over the S-Com, "How about, 'Sorry for dropping in'?"

"Sorry for dropping in." Alek says dutifully, before shooting all three goons in the head.

Tony Juliano steps onto the roof brandishing a baseball bat. He slugs Stig in the chest, breaking a couple of ribs and knocking the dazed driver off the roof. Stanley breaks into a conveniently placed fuse box and reroutes the electricity into the roof-access ladder. When Tony touches it, he is stunned.

Meanwhile, Aubrey searches Tony's office and spots a familiar face in the mob boss's broken wedding photo. The mystery woman they saw on the security footage at Caruso's home was Maria Juliano, Tony's wife. Interrogating Tony, the team learn that Maria and Silvio had been having an affair and when Tony found out, he ordered his men to take them both out beyond the Isla de Santa Clara and dump their bodies in the sea. If the team hurry, they might still be able to save them!

TONY JULIANO

MARIA JULIANO

Racing down to the water, Stig hot-wires an unattended seaplane and puts his newfound piloting skills to good use, flying the team out to the Isla de Santa Clara. Alek spots the distinctive flash of a gunshot from the dark water. Leaning perilously out of the open hatch, he pops off a shot and kills one of the two mafia goons in the boat below. Aubrey dives out of the plane and paddles towards the idling vessel. His metal leg makes a lot of noise as he scrambles over the side and the remaining gunman gets the drop on him. Caruso lunges at the goon, giving Aubrey the opportunity to brain him with his new nun-chucks. The gunman stumbles, trips over the body of Maria Juliano and falls overboard.

Stig brings the seaplane down on the choppy surface of the water. Caruso wants to kill Tony for ordering his wife's death and not even having the balls to pull the trigger himself, but Aubrey restricts him to just beating the cuckolded husband to within an inch of his life. Aubrey then arranges for a SECTOR clean-up crew to plant evidence placing the gun that killed Maria in Tony's hands. The team return Caruso home and he begins reaching out to his network of contacts for information regarding 'The Four Knights led by Bruunhilde'. He soon learns that the four paintings are located in Japan, Russia, Libya and Germany. The team debate over which location to visit first and the GM completely forgets which one they picked*.

To be continued....

* You really do need to remind me.
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by mikeawmids.

Covert Ops - Discussion 7 years 1 month ago #1976

• fruitviking
  • Tenth Level
I think we agreed that the sunken sub in the Med was the logical option, since we are more or less there already.

I felt Penelope Cruz brought real feeling to her small role as a bundled up corpse with a bullet wound to the face.

Covert Ops - Discussion 7 years 1 month ago #1977

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Shit just got real!!

Covert Ops - Discussion 7 years 1 month ago #1978

• Andrek
  • Elite Member
You killed Penelope Cruz!

YOU B******!

Covert Ops - Discussion 7 years 1 month ago #1979

• Andrek
  • Elite Member
Anyway, I thought we had agreed to do the Russian story next. The argument against the submarine adventure being..... surely some of us have to acquire some subaqua skills first
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds