Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [R2 - 2015] Antidog's Deadlands Reloaded

[R2 - 2015] Antidog's Deadlands Reloaded 9 years 1 month ago #98

• antidog
  • Heroic Character
Deadlands Reloaded - Rotation 2

Some blurb:
Strap on your six-gun and saddle up, partner. There’s Hell to pay and the currency is hot lead!

The year is 1879, but the history is not our own. The guns of the Civil War are silent in a tense cease-fire. California is shattered by the Great Quake Quake of ’68, a superfuel called ghost rock revealed in the new channels and cliff faces. Powerful Rail Barons strive to complete a transcontinental railroad, and the Great Rail Wars exact a bloody toll in the Union, the Confederacy, the Sioux Nation, the Mormon state of Deseret, and the Independent Commonwealth of California.

The Tombstone Epitaph has always been filled with lurid tales of daring desperadoes and deadly drifters, but lately the West’s most-read tabloid claims there’s something more sinister stalking the frontier's lonely plains: monsters! Fortunately, where there are monsters, there are heroes. Squint-eyed gunfighters, card-chucking hexslingers, savage braves, and righteous padres have all answered the call. And if they fight hard enough, they might just discover the identity of the mysterious Reckoners some say are behind it all.

Hi guys

Thanks to those signing up for my first time GMing at the club - mikeawmids, andrek, eomak and mal_h!

We'll do the usual and sort characters on the first session and hopefully kick off the game with any spare time left. We'll keep it nice and simple to start: Novice characters only (that means no edges like Veteran of the Weird West, I'm afraid), no 'Harrowed' characters and I'd also strongly advise against taking the 'Old Ways Oath' Hindrance as it will make it really difficult to get about!

Other than that, go for it. If you post your character ideas below, feel free. If you need access to any of the rules to build your character - SWD Core and/or DLR Player's Guide, let me know. I can post a list of some options too if you need them.

If you have any other questions relating to this game, fire away.

I'll leave you with a brief intro to the adventure (I'm going to avoid giving too much away as it might spoil it).

Scenario Name: Miner Complication

Colorado Springs. It ain't much of a town but it's the place where you've been restin' your head for a few days until something more interestin' comes along. You need to be careful what you wish for, pardner. Still, there was no way you could have known where that friendly little poker game you just bought into over at Grainger's Saloon would lead...

Cheers

Andy S
Why does my D20 only go up to 4?
The topic has been locked.

[R2 - 2015] Antidog's Deadlands Reloaded 9 years 1 month ago #100

• Eomak
Hi Andy really looking forward to this. Ive got a "Blessed" Rabbi in mind wandering from New York to Califonia.

[R2 - 2015] Antidog's Deadlands Reloaded 9 years 1 month ago #101

• antidog
  • Heroic Character
Cool. Should be fun. Nice character idea. I'd be tempted to allow you a 'Circumcision' Miracle trapping! Probably quite effective in combat. We could call it 'Snip'.

[R2 - 2015] Antidog's Deadlands Reloaded 9 years 1 month ago #102

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
ANTONIO ATTANO

Youngest son of a wealthy Mexican family before they were killed during some manner of revolution. Fled to America where he exercises his not inconsiderable charm to drink & whore himself into an early grave. Given the right incentive, maybe he could still turn his life around and find something worth fighting for. Imagine Antonio Banderas in Zorro (see image link) and you're on the right track.

Agility. d8
Smarts. d6
Spirit. d6
Strength. d6
Vigour. d6

Pace. 6"
Charisma. -1
Parry. 7 (1)
Toughness. 5
Power. n/a
Grit. 1

HINDRANCES: Overconfident, Habit (alcohol, -1 CH), Heavy Sleeper (-4 Notice to wake up, -4 Vigour to stay awake)

EDGES: Acrobat (+2 Agility based tricks & actions), Quick (initiative cannot be lower than 5)

SKILLS: Fighting. d8, Guts. d6, Notice. d4, Persuasion. d4, Riding. d4, Shooting. d6, Streetwise. d4, Taunt. d8

GEAR: Rapier (STR+d4, +1 PR), Colt Army. 44 (2d6+1, range 12/24/48, 6 shots, AP1), Fine Clothes (reduced to el cheapo quality), General Equipment (compiling a list of socks & matches looked boring, so I'm hoping there's a 'survival bundle' that covers the basics), Horse
Attachments:
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by mikeawmids.

[R2 - 2015] Antidog's Deadlands Reloaded 9 years 1 month ago #103

• antidog
  • Heroic Character
Nice one Mike. Yeah, don't worry too much about 'General' stuff. I'm going to assume you have a spare pair of long johns and usual basic kit. I can't imagine it's going to critically affect the game if you've forgotten your vest!

[R2 - 2015] Antidog's Deadlands Reloaded 9 years 1 month ago #104

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
In retrospect, I will probably switch the Colt Army for a "gentleman's sidearm" such as the Derringer.
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds