Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Expanse - Angels

The Expanse 4 years 5 months ago #4355

• Mr. B
  • Elite Member
Agreed!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Expanse 4 years 5 months ago #4364

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
Your GM will be having some cybernetic implants inserted on Thursday afternoon, unscheduled so i very much doubt i will be in any state to speak. I suggest someone plans something alternative for thursday just in case.

Unfortunately i wont know until the day how i feel, i will either;
1. Be fine and run as normal.
2. Not be fine, turn up, wince and moan like an old man and be a vegetable while someone else does the talking and GM job.
3. Not be fine and don't come.

The Expanse 4 years 5 months ago #4365

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
So Sarraqa then...
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.

The Expanse 4 years 5 months ago #4368

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
Sant wrote:
2. Not be fine, turn up, wince and moan like an old man and be a vegetable ... .....

So option 2 is just a normal week then.
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.

The Expanse 4 years 5 months ago #4386

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
Sorry a tad late....

Episode 7 - Damn the torpedoes!

As the Prometheon moves away with it's refugees the three pinnances follow suit. They ignore all hails so initially the group ignore them. One flies away leaving two. They turn the ship to face them and, when locked on, they bring their weapons online. At this point the pinnaces fire the torpedoes strapped to them and combat ensues. They are tiny targets not worth wasting torpedoes on so the crew quickly close to PDC range before Joe decides the torpedoes should be fired anyway and does so. Thatch tries to lock his panel out but through sheer luck (definitely because Thatch was preoccupied trying to ECM the bad guys and not because of duff dice rolls) he manages to break through and attempt to fire more torpedoes as the ship is finally hit and one jams in the tube. The explosives expert stays put and Joes the merchant heads down and manages to stop the ship exploding. Eventually one pinnace is gutted and the other damaged until it surrenders. then Joe blows them up as we approach to board them.

Joe and Thatch have words.

The group confab and decide to head back to Tycho station. There is some damage to the Prometheon the worst being the Torp tube. they also cannot source new torpedoes for the ones expended. Once there and resting Ziang spends time with his "friend" who was rescued. He then comes to the rest of the group with a proposition. Initially cagey with details it eventually comes out that he wishes the hire the crew to head to Callisto with him to sneak down near the shipyards on where a Dutch Hogan will provide them with plans for Martian designs. The group discuss if this is a good idea (with Thatch and Reuben being the most unsure for different reasons) and how it could be done. Not wanting to head into a Martian shipyard zone in an UNN frigate Angelus approaches Fred Johnson for help. Fred says he can provide a ship (and maybe expedite their ship repairs and find some torpedoes) but in return he wants the data (that is oncopyable) for himself. So the price of his support in getting the thing for the chinese underworld is the thing that the chinese underworld want meaning giving him the thing means the chinese won't get the thing then they will try to get the groups heads. On Platters. With a side of testicles... This does not seem a good idea to Thatch.

While the group argue (and Thatch and Joe discuss Torpedoes some more) Angelus takes Fred aside. Words are exchanged between them and when they come back Fred has released the ship to them. What Angelus has promised in exchange is yet to be revealed...
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by rhodsey.

The Expanse 4 years 5 months ago #4388

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
Fred Johnson listened in on the two engineers...

"Didnt we fix this already?"
"This is all new belta. Luk at der PDC holes in da sacka"
"That ain the worst of it. see that readout, there's a live torp in stuck in that tube."
"Blowdfire..."
"Dont Bloodfire me. Get out of my way!"

"Hold on belta, dis aint not mergency, luk der tube is empty - der panel is bad. Com over ere, luk at dis..."

"Jesus, is that a .... spoon? holding open the access panel?"
"Damn right belta, an luk at dis. see da wedge him use leva da missel outada tube, is goddam, chair leg?"
"Why do that? any of it?"
"Coz the restada tube is cheese widda holes in. PDC mek a mess of dat when dey firin."
"Bastards er lucky to be alive, but why not use tools."
"Seems dat de torp command codes was locked and dat was no open de panels or nuttin. eyda dat or der man im an idjot"
"I think they are all idiots, stick to nice safe station - no one firing at me. I best go tell Fred it'll be a few days, mebbe a week,"
"teld him we needs a lod more o dat titan panels de shp bin shot up bad."

Angelus arrived, apparently he wanted a private word. Fred killed the feed from the engineers and rubbed his hands...
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Inept.
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds