Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R4. Princes of the Apocalypse

R4. Princes of the Apocalypse 4 years 9 months ago #3927

• Sarge
Garuda wrote:
XP AWARD
Bort….…. Award: 3,000 XP...…..Total: 35,700 XP....Level 8
Thanks Paul, I'll update my character
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Sarge.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

R4. Princes of the Apocalypse 4 years 9 months ago #3931

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
Got school prom on Thursday night make it for last orders.

R4. Princes of the Apocalypse 4 years 9 months ago #3934

• Mr. B
  • Elite Member
Coming back from London but should be along.

R4. Princes of the Apocalypse 4 years 9 months ago #3937

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
Sant wrote:
Got school prom on Thursday night make it for last orders.

Bonus XP if you arrive at the club by limousine and wearing a tux?
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.

R4. Princes of the Apocalypse 4 years 9 months ago #3956

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
30th Flamerule 1491 DR – Last day of Summertide

Battle at The Hall of the Gate
The party cross the great chasm and enter an ante chamber (perfectly drawn to scale). Huge double stone gates would once have barred entrance to the inner halls, but now one gate hangs askew on broken hinges, the other lies shattered on the ground. Kahlan moves up and peers into the great hall beyond. A glow of flickering firelight is apparent at the rear of the hall; movement is in the shadows and a low guttural snorting is audible.

Kahlan and Bort are the first to receive incoming arrows. And then a huge bullette and its spear rider in heavy plate armour is upon them. Slade and Ellas move forward using the stone columns for cover.

Bugbears charge forth. The bullette swings its huge head and tries to bite down with its giant maw. The bullette rider pierces Bort with a glancing glow of its spear. Hobgoblins release arrows from behind the columns in the shadows. Ellas and Slade carve up the bugbears. Kahlan leaps and somersaults beyond the bullette’s bite and lands a telling blow on the great beast’s rider. Bort stares down his enemies and banishes the bullette and rider to another realm. The great beast is gone and a clear line of attack against the remaining hobgoblin enemies presents itself.

Damok – where in the nine hells have you been? And what’s with the shirt? Damok, Bort, Ellas, Slade and Kahlan stride forward to press the attack – err, hold on a minute – where’s Kahlan?

Meanwhile, on another plane of existence. Kahlan remains perched on the back of the bullette, wresting with its plate-clad master. The surroundings of the hall have been replaced with an open plain of ash and sulphur. (It could have been a friendly tavern at the end of the world, but this suggestion was too late). The rider struggled to use its spear in such close quarters and he and Kahlan tumbled to the ground. Kahlan rolled forward and thrust upwards – sword piercing the join in the groin of the armoured suit. Blood poured down the blade. The rider slumped upon the ashen ground. No time to embrace victory though, as the bullette chomped down on Kahlan and her world went black.

When Kahlan came to, she was back in the Hall of the Gate with familiar (and bloodied) faces peering down at her. When the unconscious Kahlan and the fierce bullette had re-materialised in the hall, the party joined together to slay the great beast (though grievous injuries were suffered in the effort).

Shit. We’ve only managed one room – and I think we desperately need a rest.

XP AWARD
Bort, Slade, Kahlan, Ellass and Damok each earn 1,000XP for this week’s exploits.
Burlap earns a token 500XP.
Burlap and Kahlan level up.

Bort…….. Award: 1,000 XP.....Total: 36,700 XP.....Level 8
Burlap..... Award: 500 XP.....Total: 34,400 XP.....Level 8
Damok….Award: 1,000 XP.....Total: 31,500 XP.....Level 7
Ellass….. Award: 1,000 XP.....Total: 30,700 XP.....Level 7
Kahlan.... Award: 1,000 XP.....Total: 34,200 XP.....Level 8
Slade...... Award: 1,000 XP.....Total: 31,200 XP.....Level 7
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Garuda.

R4. Princes of the Apocalypse 4 years 9 months ago #3959

• Sarge
Great session once again mate, hopefully plenty more for us to do as loving this game!

Have posted last session to our Facebook page
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Sarge.
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds