Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The road to Valorus 2e pathfinder game

The road to Valorus 2e pathfinder game 4 years 2 months ago #4667

• Vic
  • New Character!
Just to let you know sid has some questions that want answering wat does the ring do if Alan knows how is it in the diary y are there other people looking for it is Alan mentioned in the diary
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The road to Valorus 2e pathfinder game 4 years 2 months ago #4687

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
I will not be at the club this week.

The road to Valorus 2e pathfinder game 4 years 2 months ago #4698

• Tom
  • Tenth Level
It's been a bewildering couple of days and I'm hoping that writing down what happened will help me to come to terms with my new situation. It all started as we descended into the crypt under the Hell Knights fortress to search for the Band of Averis, upon entering the crypt we came under attack from several undead creatures these were quickly dispatched with a sound clap from Dante and a burst heal spell from Sid. The rest of my group set to work ransacking the nearby tombs looking for the ring and anything else of value they could take. Dante found a particular fine Halberd which according to Alan had some sort of special ability that he knew how to unlock, he promised to teach Dante this secret if we helped him to find his father’s ring, Dante agreed though I suspect he plans to betray Alan and steal the ring once he discovers this secret power. Heading deeper into the crypt we found a corridor with three doors on the right that lead into a large room running alongside the corridor, inside there are more tombs and we continue to search for the ring, while we search we notice an odd background noise that appears to be getting closer but we are too busy searching to pay too much attention until 2 creatures appeared around the corner and attacked, a short fight ensues and both creatures fall to our spells and Dante's new weapon. We learn from Alan that these creatures were undead Hell Knights, decapitated after death and reanimated with necromancy. Feeling we are getting close to finding the ring we question Alan about any magical properties the ring may contain and why so many people are searching for it, he is not aware of any magic in the ring believing it to be his father signet ring he used to stamp his seal with but he goes onto describe a portal that the Hell Knights used to travel between dimensions that also bore the name Band of Averis and it may be this that people are searching for. While the other continue to search I investigated the room as I noticed while outside there were 3 doors this room only had 2 and seemed smaller than it should, leaving the others to continue searching the tombs I left the room and entered the 3rd door along where the rest of the room should be, there was a short passage at the end of which I discovered a secret door, I opened this door and stepped inside and was instantly set upon by three ghostly forms which ripped at me with their claws, each time they landed an attack it felt like they were trying to rip at my very soul, with each attack it became harder to resist until one slipped past my defenses and I felt it pull out part of my soul, my mind went cloudy and I could no longer recall how to cast my stronger spells, the creature itself seemed to become more solid and gain in strength at the same time, twice more they stole portions of my soul before they were distracted by Sid and Dante appearing in the doorway behind me, taking advantage of this I turned and fled as Dante summoned his mirror images and attacked the creatures. Between them, they defeated the foul beasts and we regrouped in the main room, the creatures it turned out were called screaming wrights. A search of the secret room revealed a stash of magical weapons and items that we collected in the bag of holding and the ring of Averis that after determining it contained no magic was returned to Alan who then taught Dante the secret to unlock the power within his Halberd. Deciding we needed to recover before venturing deeper we followed a corridor for several miles that we could feel a breeze coming down until we reached a ladder leading up. Alan went first and we followed finding ourselves in the basement of a tavern, Alan had already disappeared and as we attempted to leave we were confronted by a woman who demanded to know what we were doing in her cellar and if we were friends of Vos, Dante recognized her as Roxy the owner of the pickled ear. Dante tried to spin her a tale but she didn't believe him so we changed the subject and asked what she knew of the tunnel leading to the Hell Knights fortress and Vos, she claimed to know a lot of information about Vos and was willing to tell us if we helped her out with sorting. She was worried that her pub was getting a bad reputation and wanted us to put on an event to attract some new customers to the bar to improve its image, Dante was against the idea as he thought he might lose some of his customers to a rival so he left to go back to his bar. Sid started discussing ideas with Roxy when she notice something odd about me after we explained she said she might know someone who could undo what had happened and could get a message to them if we sort out this event for her, after agreeing to this Sid returned to the bar and I went back to the church, I spoke with father Martise who while he had heard of these creatures did not know how to counter the effects. I then brought up the subject of Saint Swivens Day which is a feast day in our religion and was also the next day and suggested we could put on a feast outside the pickled ear, he agreed as long as I provided the funding for the food and entertainment. I went back to Roxy to inform her of the feast and the potential new customers she would have, she was very happy and said she would pass a message on to her contacts and that I should be ready to go at any time, I was worried about what would happen but she assured me that to replace the essence I had lost they would draw essence from animals. Darning the night I was awoken by a knocking on my cell door, opening it I was confronted by several hooded figures who lead me outside, I was told to climb into the back of a cart and was blindfolded, we traveled some way out from the town. When we stopped I was taken out of the cart, I could hear chanting all around me, suddenly there was a sharp pain in my neck as a rune seared itself into the skin and then I was drenched in blood, I felt the essence drawn into me through the rune in my neck and was horrified as I realized it belonged to a man who had just been murdered during the ritual, I felt his memories, knowledge and personality flood into me before I could recover enough to react I was bundled back into the cart and taken back into town and dropped near the church. Acting on instinct I scaled the wall of the church, snuck in through a side door and collected my belongings from my room and left heading for Dante's bar, beep boop was there and for a few coppers let me sleep on one of the tables downstairs. Darning the night I had terrible nightmares, images from the other man’s past swirling around in my head, knowing Dante was going to arrange for the guards to come round in the morning so he could pass on the information we had found I rose early and left for a walk, I could feel the two personalities fighting for control inside my head as I struggled to hold onto the person I used to be...

The road to Valorus 2e pathfinder game 4 years 2 months ago #4707

• moc
  • Elite Member
Excellent write up .... 2 hero points awarded.

The road to Valorus 2e pathfinder game 4 years 2 months ago #4710

• mikeawmids

The road to Valorus 2e pathfinder game 4 years 2 months ago #4728

• mikeawmids
  • Page:
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds