Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Vanguard (S2): Discussion

Vanguard (S2): Discussion 2 years 5 months ago #5629

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Cast
Sir Henry (Sarge): stalwart knight of Eastening, recently transformed into a fishman.
Endon Took (Garuda): erotic paladin.
Miasma Cunningbitch (Jim): black-hearted rogue, recently revealed to be the runaway princess of Drura, in possession of the fabled Algorstone.
Poddlebrim (Tom): tortle monk, travelling the world in search of a protege.
Darvin Buckwild (AndyB): human warmage, recovering from PTSD, grievously wounded whilst intercepting an attack directed at Sir Henry.
Ezeke Strongtusk (Doug): uncouth half-orc cleric, carries a dead badger in his trousers, recently reconciled with his absent (and arguably evil) sister.

Intermittent cameo appearances by Nimin the Perturbed (Rhodsey): seemingly invincible gnome barbarian.

Recap of Season 1
After defending the village of Weem's Hollow from various low-level threats, the heroes return to their base in Knightsbridge to turn the tide of an orc raid. The heroes learn the orcs were lead by Ezeke's long lost sister Mazoga, in an attempt to steal the skull of infamous warlord Urim Rex from the town's museum. The heroes embark on a quest to destroy the dangerous artifact for good, by delivering it to the gold dragon Tyrsientom on Seasend Isle.

The heroes cross the haunted kingdom of Keria. Darvin is assailed by the ghosts of his past and the party detour to the ruins of Kerr to defeat the treacherous hag queen Neia Blackblood. The heroes reach the coast and seek passage across the sea. In the fishing village of Whalewater Landing, they uncover and disperse an insidious cult, but not before Sir Henry is transformed into a fishman. The heroes befriend gold dragonkin Captain Tuk and board his boat, the Ambuscade. During the crossing to Seasend Isle, the ship is attacked by Mazoga and her undead minions. Mazoga is seemingly slain during the fierce battle.

The heroes reach Last Harbour and gain entry to Tyrsientom's workshop. Tyrsientom is building a huge clockwork dragon, powered by an orb of red dragonkind. To destroy the skull of the Orking, the heroes must perform a dangerous ritual and defeat the ghostly guardians of Olde Eastening, including Sir Henry's storied grandfather. The skull is obliterated! In rage, Mazoga re-appears to cut down Sir Henry, but Darvin intercepts the attack and is bought low by nefarious drow poison coating the blade. Ezeke urges his sister to repent her sins and the troubled siblings are tearfully reunited.

To find a cure for Darvin's condition, the heroes must travel north, to the icy realm of Drura. Miasma reveals she is daughter of the elven king. When the Ambuscade docks in Port Neverthaw, the heroes learn that King Tarsus is slain, at the hand of ice giant Feldryd Frostmane, and the harbour is besieged by monstrous yeti! The heroes defeat the yeti commander and break the siege. The heroes learn of a powerful wizard living in the town of Windstall and set out across the snowy landscape.

TBC, imminently.
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by mikeawmids.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Vanguard (S2): Discussion 2 years 5 months ago #5630

• mikeawmids
For season two, level advancement is likely going to slow down a bit. I'm hoping for a more sandboxy approach and milestone XP will be linked to achieving certain pre-determined goals.

If there is any specific treasure/items you would like me to seed into the campaign, please post your wishlist below or PM me directly.

Vanguard (S2): Discussion 2 years 5 months ago #5632

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
I may take you up on the cameo appearance sometimes. Might be joining the "one shot" group Sant is talking about so might join in some weeks when you need an invincible dinosaur riding gnome.

Vanguard (S2): Discussion 2 years 5 months ago #5649

• mikeawmids
I have character sheets for Sir Henry, Endon, Miazma and Poddlebrim.

I do not have character sheets for Darvin or Ezeke.

Tom is not with us tonight, but should be back next week.

Vanguard (S2): Discussion 2 years 5 months ago #5650

• mikeawmids
Heads up, my car is refusing to start. I'm gonna' try jumping it from Trudy's car, will post again if I can get it going.

Vanguard (S2): Discussion 2 years 5 months ago #5651

• mikeawmids
Could not get car going, had to ring AA, not gonna' make it tonight. I am so sorry for short notice. :(
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds