• Inept
  • Platinum Member
MellyMel wrote:
Sarge wrote:
MellyMel wrote:
Yoiks another one! get well soon sir!

Who's other one?

Sant. Tho I see above he has recovered

From covid yes, from everything else no... "whatever is wrong with [him] is not a small thing!" (bonus mark if you know where that quote came from!) Classic film!
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tatters of the King 2 years 1 month ago #5926

• Sarge
The conclusion of Piper's paper (Dr. Clancy will be happy...)

It was stated above that the opposition between archaeology and the account of a given thing's purpose is more real than illusory. On the other hand, it has been said that the models do not exclude each other, and that one and the same author may use both.

Symbol and metaphor are both instruments of symbolisation: they both promise to tell more. But they lead us in opposite directions. Symbol leads us back to a theorised and given reality while metaphor stands for the hope of future possibilities.

To conclude, what I have tried to demonstrate is the existence of two perspectives on reflection in psychoanalysis. As we in psychoanalysis study the ‘text’ of the patient, it seems fruitful to use a language model of how we retrieve the lost or not yet actualised self. The main aim has been to show that the two figures of symbolisation, symbol and metaphor, delineate the opposite perspectives.

Tatters of the King 2 years 1 month ago #5927

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
Excellent posts Scott. They make my head spin. B)
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.

Tatters of the King 2 years 1 month ago #5928

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
IV

Lawrence Bacon
On the night of the full moon, 27th November 1928, Bacon set out on the short walk to the Regent’s canal. Along the towpath he flashed his torch into arches and spaces looking for a victim. He found King, disguised as a vagrant. Immediately the air was alive with energy. There was a shrill noise in King’s ears and the whispering of unintelligible words. King, though untouched, was assaulted by excruciating pains in his head and body, as if his insides were being pulled from him.

The investigators, having shadowed Bacon, raised their weapons and fired. King himself managed to maintain enough presence of mind to pull the trigger on the sawn-off shotgun (acquired from Farmer Jennings and cut-down by Stevenson) hidden beneath his coat. Bacon reeled back. King experienced immediate relief from the noise and pain.

Wounded, Bacon shouted out – “Coombs! Where are you? You are needed!”, and then reached for the thin cord around his neck and brought an unseen pendant to his lips. Another shot rang out. Bacon slumped down and died on the path. Bacon’s body, first relieved of the cord and pendant and of his house keys, was unceremoniously dumped into the freezing canal.

Bacon’s House
The investigators, using Bacon’s keys, admitted themselves to the premises at 112 Liverpool Road, Islington. The ground floor was given over to merchandise: old furniture, dusty books and bric-a-brac. The second floor was more niche, very occult orientated. The third floor consisted of Bacon’s private rooms – his library and bedroom. Of particular interest, the search of Bacon’s effects yielded a book – the Turner Codex, and a small silver bell decorated with glyphs identical to those glimpsed in the pages of the codex.

Something Rotten in Liverpool Street
While searching the upper floor, it was Clancy who first heard footsteps on the creaking stairs and a foul odour assaulted the senses. The footsteps drew nearer and from their position in the library, Piper and Clancy watched as shadows filled the corridor outside.

A terrifying creature lurched into view: humanoid, tall but hunched over, with elongated arms ending in large hands and clawed finger-nails; its head was large and bestial. A second creature approached the bedroom where Blossett and King hid behind the door. Clancy was wounded by a deep laceration to the chest, but a hail of gunfire forced the two creatures to flee, howling and scurrying back down the stairs from whence they’d emerged.

The Release Hearing
The hearing for the petition of the release of Alexander Roby, Magistrates Court, Hereford, 30th November 1928. Dr Charles Highsmith put forward the case for Alexander’s release. Highsmith recommended the release of Roby to the care of a convalescent home in Deal, Kent. Roby’s brother, Grahame, pleaded with the court to extend Alexander’s committal to the asylum for his continued treatment. Dr. Piper took the stand and offered his professional opinion in support of Highsmith and Alexander Roby. Following a short adjournment, the panel found in favour of Alexander Roby’s release.

Gresty’s Second Letter
Wilfred Gresty penned another letter to Blossett, thanking the investigators for the murder of the wicked Lawrence Bacon. Gresty’s ramblings mentioned – the West Country, Atkinson, the goat, Mr. Quarrie’s wife, Nug’s Farm, the child (who is not Atkinson’s), Edwards and Roby, and the British gods.

Newspaper Article
The morning papers (1st December) carried an article reporting on the murder of Alexander Roby at St. Agnes Asylum for the Deranged, Weobley, Herefordshire. Alexander Roby was found murdered in his cell, killed by a fellow inmate. Two nurses, Thomas Clarke and Michael Evans, are reportedly missing.

"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Garuda.

Tatters of the King 2 years 1 month ago #5929

• JIm
  • Heroic Character
Cheers for the write up Paul.

Tatters of the King 2 years 1 month ago #5937

• MellyMel
  • Platinum Member
this is the historic occult link page I mentioned last night. some interesting publications...

Occult Periodicals Archive
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds