Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R3 Stonehell - Down Night Haunted Halls

R3 Stonehell - Down Night Haunted Halls 1 year 11 months ago #5988

• Tom
  • Tenth Level
Sounds good thanks Alex.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

R3 Stonehell - Down Night Haunted Halls 1 year 11 months ago #5990

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Thankyou for covering last week, Alex.

We are good to go on Stonehell tonight. :)

R3 Stonehell - Down Night Haunted Halls 1 year 11 months ago #5991

• Andy Boyne
Hi guys, Apologies but I can’t make it tonight as my partner is ill so I need to look after her.

If some-one else wants to play a Fighter then I will choose a different class for next week.

R3 Stonehell - Down Night Haunted Halls 1 year 11 months ago #5992

• mikeawmids
Hope she recovers soon!

R3 Stonehell - Down Night Haunted Halls 1 year 11 months ago #5993

• mikeawmids
The Party

Lightfingers McGee, narcissistic human rogue, takes great pride in his facial hair, but sees all other living creatures as expendable pawns in his rise to fame and fortune. (Tom)

Spence Saver; one eyed human wizard, dispatched to rescue lost group of pre-pubescent teen wizards who were ill-advisedly sent into Stonehell dungeon on a school trip. (Alex)

Father Elouard, human cleric, seeking missing brother Ebouard, spectacularly unsuited to adventuring lifestyle. (Doug)

Sir Aifer Gott, amnesiac human warrior and aspiring snake charmer, strong sense of deja-vu when exploring Stonehell, thinks he has been there before. Fear of spiders. (Adam)

Semi Quasi Modo (aka SQM), repugnant hunchbacked human cleric. (Bane)

Hirelings: Odo & Ulric Fisher

Session #1

The party leave the city of Woldspine, and cross Lake Ardent into the ruins of Old High Vanor. They skirt the edges of the haunted capital, and climb into the Storm Mountains, where lies the entrance to Stonehell mega-dungeon.

They arrive at the eastern boundary of a box canyon, blocked by a crumbling wall and ruined gatehouse. Lightfingers climbs to gatehouse roof and drops through trapdoor, disturbing a nest of aggressive wasps. The rogue flees down stairs and bumps into a group of goblins investigating disturbance. Lightfingers runs away, pursued by goblins, but the goblins are not prepared to pursue rogue outside and return to their den. During the commotion, Aifer discovers he can speak goblin.

Elouard sees deer grazing amidst overgrown ruins. Aifer shoots one for meat and the rest scatter. Elourad steps into ruined temple and prays to statue of questing knight. Elouard recieves the knight's blessing, to aid him in the search for his brother.

Party head straight for dungeon entrance. Torches are lit, party descend 100ft spiral stair. Party explore burnt room and ruined feast hall. Lightfingers is attacked by a snake hiding under table. Aifer tries to hypnotise the snake. The snake is into it. Spence immolates the snake with magic fire. Aifer is disproportionately distressed by death of the serpent, but channels his rage into a productive and creative outlet.

Party enter ruined kitchen. Green slime dripping from tap. Lightfingers decides he must have a jar of green slime, a souvenir of his time in Stonehell. The rogue turns spigot and is doused in corrosive/adhesive goo. Lightfingers fails to scrape the slime off and rolls around the dirty floor, as the slime burns his flesh. Spence grants the rogue temporary HP, keeping him alive long enough to scrape the goo into the jar.

Party move south and find skeleton of a pre-pubescent teen wizard. Spence bags the skull, hoping the other eleven missing students are faring better than this fellow. A sinister, disembodied voice warns the party to turn back. They ignore the voice and continue to explore, forcing open a rusty portcullis that bars their path. Party find a fountain with statue of bronze fish. Lightfingers checks for secrets and causes gas to spray from fish's mouth. Spence collapses, convulsing and dying. SQM drags the wizard to safety and Elouard uses an empowered heal spell to negate the effects of the poison.

While waiting for gas to dissipate, party check area to south of fountain and find a large stone wheel of fortune. Aifer spins the wheel and gets a free reroll to any one ability or saving throw. Lightfingers spins the wheel also, and gets the exact same result. Lightfingers persuades the hirelings to have a go. Odo spins the wheel, rolls poorly, and immediately dies; his body crumbling into fine dust. Ulric cries out in despair as his brother perishes. Nobody else wants to spin the wheel. The party decide to take a long rest, but Ulric's despondent wailing keeps them awake and nobody gets much sleep.

TBC
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by mikeawmids.

R3 Stonehell - Down Night Haunted Halls 1 year 11 months ago #5997

• mikeawmids
Having had a chance to reflect on last week's session, I am imposing two new house rules for the remainder of the rotation.

1: Disruptive, inter-party conflict will only be possible in exceptional, story-approriate scenarios. It's fine/encouraged for your characters to bicker during roleplay, but any attempt to physically attack each other will automatically result in a critical fumble, where you impale yourself on your own sword and die, or something equally heinous.

2: I've given a lot of thought to spell management. The system in the book is a bit too loosey-goosey for my liking, so I'm stealing the spell slot mechanic from 5e. You have a number of spell slots equal to your casting die (Mind for Wizards, Soul for Clerics). Once you run out of spell slots, you will need to burn HP to continue casting. You can roll your casting die during a short rest and recover that many expended spell slots. After a long rest, you recover all expended spell slots.
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by mikeawmids.
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds