Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon

R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon 1 year 8 months ago #6174

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
your turn this week to be put in a box... and subjected to the Harry Palmer treatment...
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon 1 year 8 months ago #6175

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
JIm wrote:
Hey guys, bad news but I wont be able to make it tonight. Thought I could get out of something but unfortunately cannot. Dont get killed without me.

No worries thanks for heads up I know just the box to put you in.

R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon 1 year 8 months ago #6177

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
ZeroGravitas wrote:
  • Notes from Thursday 25th August:

• After resuming and continuing down the corridor we found 6 Stevedores 5 with severe radiation sickness, managed to calm them down and brought them along

• Next we found a working terminal (phew!) and were introduced to Suliman the ships, damaged, AI
    • It explained the Zephyr exploded on it's way through the Portal to the Hamura star, which is what critically damaged the ship and the radiation surge killing, injuring most of the crew.
    • We have 18 hours until we crash into the star/reach the point of no return D-Zone.
    • We have obtained a map of the ship!
    • There is no life on the bridge, but there are 47 life-signs (where there are working sensors) and for more information the Emerald disk (black box) is on the bridge.

• The medical bay is undamaged, and there are lifesigns there, there are also lifesigns in the chapel, which is cut off from the rest of the ship.
  • The Hemurabi Portal Station is the closest port, but no distress signal was sent
  • We went to the Medical Bay and met some survivors, notably the fortune teller <insert name> and left NPC Odd Job to review the drugs
  • In the medbay we found:
    1. Body Armour MkII
    2. Skin electrodes
    3. Language Modulator
    4. Cybernetic Muscles
  • COUNTDOWN: 17 Hours
  • We made our way to the bridge, which whist destroyed and locked down had atmosphere, where Flash and Brandon made a successful EVA to open the door.

• The Captain, first officer and Colonial Agent were all killed in the blast.
  • We obtained 2 pass keys for the ship and the emerald disk, along with our own and a number of new weapons (detailed on character sheets).
  • There are 2 ships in the docking bay, ours and one other, Fatima's Bounty, but no information on it specifically.
  • There are also 30 stored Nekatra which tend to hunt in packs of 4-6, their controlling officers were on the Zephyr though.

• We found the system communicator and successfully contact the Ice Hauler <Insert name here> and Captain Hafa. They can't reach us in time but have relayed the situation to the Portal Station.

• Lastly, after contacting the medical bay before moving on Captain Komoro Vai ordered us to that location (not my captain) before cutting off Comms.
  • COUNTDOWN: 16 hours

• Sorry bit late with this but to fill in blanks.

the wonderful fortune teller is named Khomina.

Ice Hauler was called Tsepo IV

Also on the bridge you saw a repeating message which seems to have come from the Zafirah (or at least a probe it ejected automatically back through the portal to relay the message before the portal itself seemed to explode:

”Warning! Anomaly on entry – unidentified sensor object. Hull
    breach in section 12. Thrusters are offline. Stasis chamber is
    offline. Unstable field pattern. Decompression in sections 3, 6,
    8, 19. Reactor spike. Activating emergency protocols – firing
    aft probes…”

R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon 1 year 8 months ago #6179

• ZeroGravitas
    • Fifth Level
    #Mutha# Shit bird I just typed it up and got a server error when I pressed send! Now I remember why these rubbish message boards were ditched in the Noughties... let's even talk about having to "code" in my bullets and markup!

R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon 1 year 8 months ago #6180

• ZeroGravitas
    • Fifth Level
    Thursday write up...

T-15 Hours
    • We arrived back in the medbay to talk to Komoro Vai
    • After a brief dick size competition, and intervention from the Pariah-an Samaritan who was helping healing folk, agreed to work together like adults
    • Jimmy and Sarge stayed behind in the Medbay to watch him though
    • The Fortune Teller lady was trying to get people to accept their fate as Icon willing (could be trouble)
    • Spoke to the Samaritan who was very unhappy with her as she claimed to have spoken to the Emissary who claimed to be the avatar of the Judge
    • On leaving persuaded a longshoreman Jemina to come along and help
    • We left for the docking bay to get to the ship and on the way stalked by Nekatra, but Nasir's premonition saved Flash's face from being taken off in a nasty way

T-14 Hours
    • We arrived at the docking bay and met Habib who was trying to get into the ships
    • The second ship Fatima's Bounty is not spaceworthy
    • There are 2 shipping containers set up for passenger stasis (20 each) and 2 escape pods (16 people each) we could tow to safety
    • So... 80 + 40 + 32 = 152 we could take in the Nesa-Alleh
    • We gained access to the ship and found it was undamaged physically, but the systems had been wiped.
    • It will take 3 hours to reinstall from backups.
    • We also managed to communicate with the chapel and spoke to Kora Joharis
    • There are 14 people there, the corridor is open to space and they have a working airlock but no exo suits.
    • We agreed to go help them by tethering 4 suits from a nearby airlock while we waited for the software.
    • We were approached by Sabitha who wants us to take her cargo and offerd us 25K Br, but this would mean us losing one container
    • Nasir thinks we can do this if we drop a container and then can still take 112 survivors - so we need to leave 6 people by attrition or triage
    • Finally, we decided to take a bit of time to take stock and use our XP, so lose an hour to level up!

T-13 hours
    • As we left the ship we found blood and Jemina was missing with no obvious trail
    • After getting about half way we were attacked by a lone Nekatra!!
    • Fortunately we managed to beat it off, with Oddjob using his stungun to give it a fright, although Flash has a broken leg and Nasir is down to 1 hitpoint.

The journey continues next week...

R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon 1 year 7 months ago #6184

• rhodsey
    • Platinum Member
    ZeroGravitas wrote:
    #Mutha# Shit bird I just typed it up and got a server error when I pressed send! Now I remember why these rubbish message boards were ditched in the Noughties... let's even talk about having to "code" in my bullets and markup!
    Pro tip. I used to write my write ups in a word or wordpad thenc copy/paste over. Tended to bring any bullets with it although I had to go through and embolden again etc.

But as always thanks for writeup. 1 XP.

Happy to awardd extra for alternative write ups or character pieces.
    Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
    Time to create page: 0.238 seconds