Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon

R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon 1 year 8 months ago #6154

• ZeroGravitas
  • Fifth Level
As promised, notes from last night:

• We are on the Gazalia, under captain Iyak Izarius, a re-commissioned ex-cruise liner on a mission from the Consortium to investigate a distress signal from 300 colonists on the planet <insert planet name here>.
• We only have equipment, no weapons as in gun locker on the bridge and our ship is in the hangar bay. Found hydrospanner and wrench and 840 credits.
• We were awoken from hypersleep, and so far the only ones left alive, all other passengers killed by radiation pulse (assumed) in there pods. There is no sign of battle and damage to ship is torsion based not weapons so far.
• Radiation at higher than normal but manageable in most areas, but knocked out ships data systems. We don’t know where we are, but hunting for a crew data pad or the bridge to figure out what happened.
• Recon drone lost and marked on map.
• Found crew members dismembered by Nekatra, evidence of 6 and likely came with Legionnaires. Sounds of activity as we proceed through ship.
• Managed to get passed burning pipe leak switching it off from valve, and turned back on hopefully to deter following Nekatra.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon 1 year 8 months ago #6156

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
ZeroGravitas wrote:
As promised, notes from last night:

• We are on the Gazalia, under captain Iyak Izarius, a re-commissioned ex-cruise liner on a mission from the Consortium to investigate a distress signal from 300 colonists on the planet <insert planet name here>.
• We only have equipment, no weapons as in gun locker on the bridge and our ship is in the hangar bay. Found hydrospanner and wrench and 840 credits.
• We were awoken from hypersleep, and so far the only ones left alive, all other passengers killed by radiation pulse (assumed) in there pods. There is no sign of battle and damage to ship is torsion based not weapons so far.
• Radiation at higher than normal but manageable in most areas, but knocked out ships data systems. We don’t know where we are, but hunting for a crew data pad or the bridge to figure out what happened.
• Recon drone lost and marked on map.
• Found crew members dismembered by Nekatra, evidence of 6 and likely came with Legionnaires. Sounds of activity as we proceed through ship.
• Managed to get passed burning pipe leak switching it off from valve, and turned back on hopefully to deter following Nekatra.

Thank you kindly take an experience point.

Few name corrections though to help for future plus a few details you would know but I neglected to mention.

Ship is called the Ghazali and the captain is called Ia Kaschares. The Colonial agencies (those who put the mission together since the colony belongs to them) Agent is Nakifa.
You are accompanied by the Zafirah. A legion Destroyer. There are supposed to be around 200 rescue workers on the Ghazali including yourselves and any ships were docked with the former liner for speed.

The distress signal was received from Tsurabi Gas mine on the Gast Giant Taoan in the system of the same name. You are travelling their via the Hamura System.

And that distress call, which you've all heard as it was all over the news feeds before you left Coriolis is...

”Alarm code 1A, alarm co… ...requesting immediate assistance...
...unknown signature, reminiscent of Tacharuk’s
lesions but definitely atypical… … evacuation has commenced,
supplementary stasis, we have to… ...sensor artifact in sector
4, declination 4–2–1… … almost a perfect black… … vessel…
…by the grace of the Icons, they are here.”
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by rhodsey.

R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon 1 year 8 months ago #6162

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
As mentioned I've put a few files that might be useful to you into a shared google drive folder below.

There's a new character sheet that's cleaer (thanks Ade!) plus a few extracts from the rulebook of useful areas like the equipment list or talents etc.

If anyone wishes to download and print or bring to open ont heir phone/tablet feel free. I'll print a couple out as well but limited so some of the bigger things I can;t

Also included is he "how to build your ship guide. We'll be doing this on thursday before we pickup the story once more incase it becomes a factor. If oyu want to ahve a look through and think maybe about what size of ship you want, what modules you MUST have etc and we can create as a group on Thursday.

If anyone cannot access the link let me know.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zpH910fOLBICD9fGf1tL0JY6SV9q995c?usp=sharing

R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon 1 year 8 months ago #6164

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
and our Dramatis Personae:

Please feel free to post or expand on your character description as we go on.

Our group are Agents, Specifically investigators. they have been together for about a year working as a third party investigators when an impatial opinion is needed to settle disputes/find the truth of things. They are on the Ghazali as they were hired both to aid the relief effort but also investigate what happened and why. Al Sallah and Nadir are also drawn to the mystery of the broadcast.

Jim - Al Sallah Bin Shah - A Miran Preacher. Skilled in Medicine he uses this as a way to spread the faith of he Icons. His faith grew after being trapped under the oceans of his home world. - His icon is the Traveller - possibly Captain the way things are looking!
Marc- Nadir - A trailblazer scout - From a well to do family he travelled too far and gazed into the Darkness between the stars. And something Gazed back... - Ships Engineer (Marc has his shee tso
Sarge - Brandon Coldheart - Former Legionnaire with a problem - Ships gunnery office and his icon is the Judge
Tony - Oddjob Shaleon (sp?) - Data spider who can find his way around any computer system you are foolish enough to give him access to. Never seen without his giant backpack of a portable lab to aid his addictions - from Dabaran and his Icon is the traveller.
And finally-
Ade - Flashiz El Harriman - Miran Pilot who recently suffered a great loss. his Icon is the lady of Tears.

R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon 1 year 8 months ago #6165

• ZeroGravitas
  • Fifth Level
I made a slight change to the name, given the historical significance… my characters full name is Nasir Al Nadir.

Not my family name, but one I took after “the incident”. Something my family on Kua was not happy with obviously.

R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon 1 year 8 months ago #6166

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
Apologies all
I had hoped to be be along tonight, but need to finalise stuff for the festival tomorrow.

see you next week.

Clearly Oddjob is likely to be getting concerned about all the negative waves... and a small pick me up is in order... finds a nice room, and brews up a batch...
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds