Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon

R4 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon 1 year 8 months ago #6130

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
Your Crew position is your job but your Profession is what you DO. Basically class but just a starting template really but affects what skills and talents you start with. Please have a read to think about where you might be leaning.

Artist
The Icons live through poetry, songs and books. You have dedicated your life to the fleeting moments of Iconic beauty that your art creates. You know that no culture is stronger than its art, and you intend to make sure the Third Horizon is remembered for something other than chaos, war and destruction.
Possible sub-concepts:
◆◆ COURTESAN
◆◆ MUSICIAN
◆◆ POET

Data Spider
The factions rule the Horizon, and information guides their actions. If you can control this information, you will be powerful. A simple enough equation, but you are one of the few to have figured it out. You are a Data Spider, carefully weaving a complex net of data gathered from the most obscure sources. You might not be the sharpest dressed or have a single birr to your name, but you have information, and information is power.
Possible sub-concepts:
◆◆ ANALYST
◆◆ CORRESPONDENT
◆◆ DATA DJINN

Fugitive (will need to discuss this if chosen to see if it fits).
You can never stop moving. Always look over your shoulder. Always sleep with a gun under your Pillow. You are on the run from the past. It doesn’t matter what you once may or may not have done – all that matters is getting to the next hideout, the next safe haven. But some day you shall be rid of your pursuers. Some day you will dare sleep with your back to the door.
Possible sub-concepts:
◆◆ CRIMINAL
◆◆ MYSTIC
◆◆ REVOLUTIONARY

Negotiator
Words are what keep the Horizon running. Weapons and threats may have their uses, but in the end, it’s around the negotiating table where everything is really settled. You have realized this, and seen the immense power that lies in closing a deal when all hope seems lost. Your sharp intellect and silver tongue can move mountains.
Possible sub-concepts:
◆◆ AGITATOR
◆◆ DIPLOMAT
◆◆ PEDDLER

Operative
You are a professional. You move unnoticed through the shadows, as comfortable in a crowded bazaar as in the corridors of power. Where law and diplomacy end, you begin. You are an Operative, the long arm of the powerful, carrying out missions in the dark. You expect neither laurels nor fame. To you, a job well done is enough reward in itself.
Possible sub-concepts:
◆◆ ASSASSIN
◆◆ GUARDSMAN/-WOMAN
◆◆ SPY

Pilot
Your ship and you are as one. At the helm, you feel complete freedom and a righteous Iconic presence. You are never more alive than when you pierce the Uharan clouds, when you soar across the Kuan jungles, or when you defy death by diving into an asteroid field. Flying is living, and you want to live more than ever.
Possible sub-concepts:
◆◆ DRIVER
◆◆ FIGHTER PILOT
◆◆ FREIGHTER PILOT

PREACHER
You are convinced that the Third Horizon is the promised land of the Icons – and it is your duty to convince its people of this. You are a preacher, a bringer of holy words, one of the Icons’ countless pilgrims. Humility, duty and piety are your virtues. In times like these, when the Dark between the Stars grows stronger, you are needed more than ever.
Possible sub-concepts:
◆◆ ASCETIC
◆◆ MISSIONARY
◆◆ PROPHET

SCIENTIST
The Horizon is full of mysteries, but they can all be explained. You are a soldier in the service of science, your duty is to find answers where others see only questions. You work tirelessly, honoring the scientific method, testing and re-testing your hypotheses. There are no absolute truths, only a constantly changing canon of stories about the creation of the Icons. It’s your job to write those stories.
Possible sub-concepts:
◆◆ ARCHAEOLOGIST
◆◆ MEDICURG
◆◆ TECHNICIAN

SHIP WORKER
You have always felt the stars calling to you. Your destiny is to travel the endless Darkness with your crew. Your ship is your home and your best friend, and you know her like the back of your hand. You live a tough life in a tough profession but you wouldn’t trade it for anything – you are a starfarer through and through.
Possible sub-concepts:
◆◆ DECKHAND
◆◆ DOCK WORKER
◆◆ ENGINEER

SOLDIER
You know what war and violence do to people. You have seen it up close. Watching your friend being blown to bits does something to your soul, alters your mind. What you also know is that a Vulcan carbine is power in its absolute form. Violence is power. You don’t live for killing, but as long as the factions keep fighting, as long as the corsairs keep raiding and as long
as someone pays and feeds you, you will continue doing it. Because you are a soldier, and it’s just what you do.
Possible sub-concepts:
◆◆ LEGIONNAIRE
◆◆ MERCENARY
◆◆ OFFICER

TRAILBLAZER
Curiosity is your poison. You have always been one to look under every stone, search every nook and cranny. Your calling is to unravel the Horizon’s secrets and mysteries. You know that the future can be told through the ruins of the past. If you only dig deep enough and work hard
enough, maybe you will be the one who discovers a secret so vast it will shake the Horizon to its very core.
Possible sub-concepts:
◆◆ COLONIST
◆◆ PROSPECTOR
◆◆ SCOUT
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by rhodsey.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon 1 year 8 months ago #6144

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
I would suggest people bring some scrap paper with them. this'll be a game where a good notetaker would help once it gets going but we'll also scratch up your characters on paper before putting them on a character sheet.

Now excuse me while I go read the rules...

R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon 1 year 8 months ago #6145

• Sarge
Playing to type, I’d like to go for a Legion Mercenary. I suspect that would make me the Gunner when aboard the ship

Also, there is a strong likelihood that I won’t be around on the 1st September, which is week 3. I’ll confirm as soon as I am able.
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Sarge.

R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon 1 year 8 months ago #6146

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
I won't be there in Thursday unless someone takes their laptop and I virtually attend lol. My mate Marc should be though.

R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon 1 year 8 months ago #6147

• JIm
  • Heroic Character
Im interested in playing a Preacher type, possibly an ascetic type or prophet.

Im thinking I am a Firstcomer, who is an adept from the Church of the Icons. I have been sent on a mission to find an ancient ???. I dunno, just spitballing. Need to read up on the gods!

R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon 1 year 8 months ago #6148

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
JIm wrote:
Im interested in playing a Preacher type, possibly an ascetic type or prophet.

Im thinking I am a Firstcomer, who is an adept from the Church of the Icons. I have been sent on a mission to find an ancient ???. I dunno, just spitballing. Need to read up on the gods!

I meant to print out a cheat sheet on the icons but forgot. I'll sort something.for.ylunto.res through though
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds