Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R4: Episode 5.5 - The Tydirium Incident

R4: Episode 5.5 - The Tydirium Incident 8 years 2 weeks ago #1257

• antidog
  • Heroic Character
Does it? I haven't had a proper chance to go through it so you're probably right! I've read through several conversions so probably have my wires crossed and thinking of a different one. Stand by and I'll find out.

I will mention that even if you have force sensitivity, you won't be very super powered. It takes years of training to be able to use it properly or build your own lightsaber etc. You are novices so it would manifest as heightened notice, persuasion etc.

I'll look into it.
Why does my D20 only go up to 4?
The topic has been locked.

R4: Episode 5.5 - The Tydirium Incident 8 years 1 week ago #1263

• antidog
  • Heroic Character
Hi all

First of all, just a reminder that there is still a space left if anyone wants it.

Second, I've now had a chance to read through the Force sections so can give a bit more info on it for you all. I had only read that it was an Arcane Background but hadn't read the bit about the GM bestowing Force Sensitivity on the characters so you can actually choose it as an option!

Right. If anyone wants to start out as Force Sensitive, then they may do so. That means you can take the Arcane Background (Force) at character creation. However, as I intimated in my last post, there are some caveats as to what I'll allow.

The main one being that, as this is set just before Return of the Jedi, it wouldn't be appropriate to have any fully fledged Jedi running about in the Rebellion considering Luke and Yoda are believed to be the only ones still around. So, you can take the basic Arcane Background but can't choose to be a Jedi, Sith or variant thereof. You will just be someone who has the basic Force set up. I believe that's 5 Force Points and 3 Force Powers as per the rules. You also won't have a mentor as you're just discovering your abilities at this point. You can't have your own lightsaber as they are extremely rare weapons that only a fully trained Jedi can build for themselves. By extension, lightsaber training is also out, obviously.

Sorry if that sounds stingy but it's appropriate to the setting. If you survive the adventure and the Battle for Endor succeeds in destroying Death Star II then maybe you can seek out Luke Skywalker himself and be one of the first pupils of the New Jedi Order...

I think that covers it. Give me a shout if you need anything else clarifying.

R4: Episode 5.5 - The Tydirium Incident 7 years 11 months ago #1286

• charlie67
Would like to take last spot please - do we make the characters ourselves - or on the first night?

R4: Episode 5.5 - The Tydirium Incident 7 years 11 months ago #1287

• antidog
  • Heroic Character
No problem, it's yours!

We'll keep it traditional and do characters on first night but there's nothing stopping you from working out who you want to be before hand!

We're now full people!
Moderators: mikeawmids, Andy Boyne
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds