Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R6 Recruitment - The Elven Crystals

R6 Recruitment - The Elven Crystals 7 years 6 months ago #1486

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Adventure: The Elven Crystals
System: D&D.5
Ref: mikeawmids
Level: 1
New Characters: Yes
Number of Players: 5
Special: All PCs must be human

A SHATTERED STONE, A FRACTURED KINGDOM, ONE LAST CHANCE!

Ereworn was once the jewel of the countries of Ellesland. The land was protected from the evils of the world by mystical wards around its boundary, and the king took counsel from the greatest of the elves, the archmage Elvaron.

Elvaron foresaw many things, including his own death and the failing of the wards, and he worked to protect the land he loved. He placed an image of himself in a great crystal to preserve his knowledge. But the making of the crystal hastened his death, and less than a year later the wards fell. The crystal shattered into shards, misfortune flooded into Ereworn, and the few knights who might have saved the land fled.

Now Ereworn is home to brigands, assassins, corrupt barons and much worse. The crystal’s shards are still within its borders, lost for decades, waiting to be found. And there are forces moving once more to reunite the pieces, destroy the last safeguards that Elvaron left behind, and turn Ereworn into a realm of darkness.

- - -

Adventure converted to D&D.5 from the Dragon Warriors RPG. I ran it years ago, so if you played in that game (Stew, Mal, Pat, Vic?), be warned this is the same adventure you've already played run using a different system. The Dragon Warriors RPG is very low fantasy, so I'll be house-ruling certain aspects of D&D.5 to make it all a little less fantastical (ie: lingering injuries, publicly displaying magical aptitude may get you strung up as a witch, etc...).
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by mikeawmids.
The topic has been locked.

R6 Recruitment - The Elven Crystals 7 years 6 months ago #1487

• mikeawmids
Haha, I found an old, archived write-up from the last time I ran this on RPG.net; forum.rpg.net/archive/index.php/t-545146.html, it's incomplete, but a nice find since the version I posted here was lost when the site crashed.

R6 Recruitment - The Elven Crystals 7 years 6 months ago #1488

• crusader_hank
  • Heroic Character
Sign me up please

Barbarian Human
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by crusader_hank.

R6 Recruitment - The Elven Crystals 7 years 6 months ago #1489

• fruitviking
  • Tenth Level
Yes please. Male Druid for me.

R6 Recruitment - The Elven Crystals 7 years 6 months ago #1490

• mikeawmids
Cool. Two spaces filled, three open.

Gary: Barbarian is one of the two melee classes from Dragon Warriors anyway, so no meddling required there.

Richard: While elves still exist in DW, they are rare and avoid contact with humans. As a druid, you are more likely to be in infrequent contact with the fair folk and if you did want to play a half-elf, I would bend my own rules in this instance (although folk may comment on your curious appearance unless you take steps to conceal your heritage). As a spellcasting class, druids are less likely to agitate the peasants than a wizard/warlock, but you'd still need to be wary of particularly zealous witch hunters who might decide to burn you for a pagan.
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by mikeawmids.

R6 Recruitment - The Elven Crystals 7 years 6 months ago #1491

• crusader_hank
  • Heroic Character
can we use the variant rule on creation ?
Moderators: mikeawmids, Andy Boyne
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds