Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: R6: Doomsday Dawn

[R6] Pathfinder v.2 playtest: Doomsday Dawn 5 years 7 months ago #3199

• Andrek
  • Elite Member
I have been looking at the rulebook, and I know this is predictable I might say this, but I think it is better than D&D 5. It is radically different from Pathfinder 1, and it is moving towards a D&D 5 sort of "feel".
anyway this is what I have gathered so far.
Combat actions have been rationalised - you get three actions per round, plus a reaction. Actions are things like movement (Stride and Step), or Attacks(Strike). Reactions can be an attack of opportunity, or defend with a shield, or others.

Not everybody gets an attack of opportunity, Fighters do, druids don't.

Initiative is based on the perception skill, which is totally logical in my opinion.

Damage can be quite harsh. Magic weapons do extra DICE of damage not points. A +1 longsword does 2d8 base damage, a +3 greatsword does 4d12 damage! Criticals do double damage but they can have an extra damage effect as well.

Unlike D&D 5...…

So far I have not seen any character levels where all you do is roll hit dice, and that's it!

You aren't funnelled into one of two development options for your character class.

So I am really looking forward to playing this game. I can't participate with this within the club until Rot 2 2019. I am happy to do this outside of the club before then, possible venues are Geek Retreat, or Meeples Mayhem, let me know if you are interested , and possible dates and times, and if you are willing to GM. The rules, bestiary, and adventure pack are all available for free from paizo.com.
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Andrek.
The topic has been locked.

Pathfinder v.2 playtest: Doomsday Dawn 5 years 7 months ago #3201

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
I am still on the fence. I want to like it, but my knee jerk reaction after an initial read through is that I don't like it and it won't be worth the effort learning the rules.
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by mikeawmids.

Pathfinder v.2 playtest: Doomsday Dawn 5 years 7 months ago #3203

• Andrek
  • Elite Member
The rulebook is 300 pages plus, you are not going to assimilate it in half an hour. I feel very positive about what I have read so far,although I still have some reservations. We won't really know until we actually play it. I want to know who is up for it.

R6: Doomsday Dawn 5 years 7 months ago #3219

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Retracted due to lack of interest.
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by mikeawmids.
  • Page:
Moderators: mikeawmids, Andy Boyne
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds