Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: R6: Doomsday Dawn

R6: Doomsday Dawn 2 weeks 5 days ago #3165

• mikeawmids
  • Platinum Member
  • What were Lovecraft's fav crisps? Cthulahoops!
Game: Doomsday Dawn
System: D&D5
Ref: mikeawmids
Players: 5
New Characters: Yes
Special: Characters will be advancing from level 1 > 17 over the course of one 8 week rotation.

The Final Countdown!

"Mysterious ancient artifacts from sand-choked Osirion count down the years until a rare planetary conjunction that will align Pathfinder's world of Golarion with the hostile planet Aucturn, allowing the ravenous hordes of the Dominion of the Black to surge forth and harvest the brains of the Inner Sea, remaking the world in their terrible, alien image. Doomsday Dawn takes the heroes on a decade-long journey throughout Golarion as they attempt to understand and defeat the otherworldy menace and avoid utter catastrophe."

The new playtest rules for Pathfinder v.2 and the playest adventure [Doomsday Dawn] are both available for FREE from the Paizo website from this Thursday 02/08/2018. More info: paizo.com/pathfinderplaytest

Having read the rules, I have no desire to touch Pathfinder 2.0 with a barge pole, but I'm still interested in running the playtest adventure, using D&D5.

The interesting thing about this game will be the level hopping. Doomsday Dawn has 7 chapters, each should take one night to complete (I hope), and the next takes places years later, with existing characters have advanced greatly, or using different characters altogether. The first adventure starts you off at level 1, then 4 > 7 > 9 > 12 > 14 > 17.

I've never played or run D&D5 at higher levels, so I figured this might be fun.
Last Edit: 1 week 1 day ago by mikeawmids.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

[R6] Pathfinder v.2 playtest: Doomsday Dawn 2 weeks 5 days ago #3167

• Andrek
  • Heroic Character
I would certainly be interested, but I am signed up for HOTOE in Rot 6. If it could be moved to another rotation it would suit me better, and I would certainly have a go at GM ing it.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by Andrek.

[R6] Pathfinder v.2 playtest: Doomsday Dawn 2 weeks 4 days ago #3175

• Sarge
Andrek wrote:
I would certainly be interested, but I am signed up for HOTOE in Rot 6. If it could be moved to another rotation it would suit me better, and I would certainly have a go at GM ing it.

I would not be upset Andy if you would prefer to play Pathfinder instead, you should always play the games you most enjoy. I am looking for a firm commitment to the HOTOE game for what will be a few years, so as I'm guessing Pathfinder is a big favourite of yours now is the time for you to move game if that's what you would prefer.

This actually applies to any player. Up until we start Rotation 6, please feel free to choose another game if so desired. I can open up any slots that become available
Last Edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by Sarge.

[R6] Pathfinder v.2 playtest: Doomsday Dawn 2 weeks 4 days ago #3177

• Andrek
  • Heroic Character
Hi Sarge,
I didn't mean to imply that I am not committed to play HOTOE in rotation 6. I was asking Mike if he is prepared to consider playtesting Pathfinder 2 in another rotation instead, especially because he has no intention in GM-ing this himself. I am still committed for HOTOE in rotation 6, unless external forces, outside my control, intervene.

[R6] Pathfinder v.2 playtest: Doomsday Dawn 2 weeks 3 days ago #3182

• Sarge
Andrek wrote:
Hi Sarge,
I didn't mean to imply that I am not committed to play HOTOE in rotation 6. I was asking Mike if he is prepared to consider playtesting Pathfinder 2 in another rotation instead, especially because he has no intention in GM-ing this himself. I am still committed for HOTOE in rotation 6, unless external forces, outside my control, intervene.

I know that Andy, and glad you are staying. I was merely letting the players know that as we haven't yet started the game it's perfectly fine to move to another

[R6] Pathfinder v.2 playtest: Doomsday Dawn 2 weeks 2 days ago #3185

• mikeawmids
  • Platinum Member
  • What were Lovecraft's fav crisps? Cthulahoops!
PDFs should be available at 14:00 today.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by mikeawmids.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds