Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R6: Mummy's Mask (Recruitment)

R6: Mummy's Mask (Recruitment) 5 years 7 months ago #3286

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Scenario: Mummy's Mask
System: Savage Worlds
Ref: Mikeawmids
# of Players: 5
Special: Houserules, see below

This game is open to anyone and everyone!

After reading the Pathfinder 2 playtest rules, I could not bring myself to run it, but I am without a game in R6, so...

"The ancient lands of Osirion are blanketed by the sands of time, and eldritch secrets and vast riches lay just beneath the sun-blistered surface. As modern Osirion opens its vaults and tombs to outsiders for the first time in centuries, many of these lost treasures and secrets are now emerging—some more troublesome than others. Hakotep I, a now-forgotten pharaoh, was robbed upon his burial. A secret sect took his heart and his funerary mask, both containing a portion of his soul. Betrayed the chance to pass on into the afterlife during his burial, Hakotep has existed in a state between life and death for millennia. The recent rediscovery of one of these lost soul fragments has allowed the trapped pharaoh to once again work in this world to redress the wrongs committed against him, and a cult worshipping him as a god-king grows in the heart of Osirion. Can a group of heroes brave terrible guardians, foul cults, and the burning sands of the desert to stop the rebirth of this ancient tyrant?

"In Wati, the half city, the church of Pharasma holds a lottery allowing explorers to delve the tombs of the city’s vast necropolis in search of the nation’s lost glories. In the course of investigating dusty tombs and fighting their ancient guardians and devious traps, the heroes encounter a rival adventuring group intent on keeping one tomb’s treasures for themselves. At the same time, the heroes learn that a potent artifact, potentially capable of animating the dead, has been stolen from the tomb. Can the adventurers defeat their rivals, or will they join the undead defenders of the city’s necropolis?"

Here be Houserules

Two PCs: Borrowing an idea from the Glass Cannon Podcast, I'd like each player to make two PCs; a main and a back-up. This enables you to quickly switch between heroes in the event of character death or between adventures (this will need to be justified within the narrative of the adventure). I will potentially be using your non-active PC as an NPC in order to better personalize the campaign to the player characters. Both of your PCs will advance at the same rate, so they will always be at the same power level.

Cast your PC: Another stolen idea from the Glass Cannon podcast, I would like you to cast your PC as the celebrity you would imagine playing them if this campaign was a Hollywood movie (or series on Netflix, I suppose). The reward for casting your PC is a free benny in the first session where they are introduced.

Ready to Roll: I really hate wasting the first session rolling up characters! It sucks! Anyone who turns up in week one with at least one of their two PCs ready to go will be rewarded!

Cinematic Action: I love cinematic action and Savage Worlds really captures that vibe. Get on board with this mentality! Speak not to me of 5ft steps!

Once you go Black...: The new edition of Savage Worlds is going to drop while this game is running. I will likely want to to adopt the new rules as soon as they become available. Word on the street is the new rules are completely compatible with older versions, but there may be changes to some game mechanics.
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by mikeawmids.
The topic has been locked.

R6: Mummy's Mask (Recruitment) 5 years 7 months ago #3310

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Game full (Morgan, Ted, Victor, Moc & Ross), thread can be locked. Thanks. Please also delete the Pathfinder Playtest thread if possible.
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: mikeawmids, Andy Boyne
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds