R5 Judge Dredd - The Robot Wars 4 years 9 months ago #3916

• Sarge
Rotation Number: 5
Ref Name: Sarge
Game System: Judge Dredd & the Worlds of 2000AD
Scenario Name: The Robot Wars
New Characters: Yes
No. of Players: 5

It is the year 2099 and the world is much changed from how we know it. After a disastrous global war, much of the planet has been reduced to a radioactive wasteland, vast stretches of which are uninhabitable, both from the radiation and the mutated horrors that make their home in the wastes. Civilization now huddles in vast mega-cities, conurbations encompassing massive stretches of land. Three such mega-cities have risen from the ruins of the United States of America; Mega Cities One and Two and their southern neighbour Texas City.

The most important mega-city, and the primary setting for the Judge Dredd stories, is Mega-City One. Although the megalopolis’s footprint eventually shrank after a series of devastating events, at its height it spread across the entire eastern seaboard of the United States, from New England to Florida, and its population reached upwards of 800 million. Much of Mega-City One consists of City Blocks, enormous star-scrapers large enough to home up to 50,000 citizens. The press of people and widespread unemployment, due to the existence of sapient robots, makes Mega-City One a dangerous and unruly place, one where people fritter away their time on the current fad or distraction that happens to be taking the city by storm.

Mega-City One’s size and sprawl makes enforcing law and order difficult, and so the city employs special law enforcement officers called Judges to patrol the city and police its streets. No simple cops, Judges have complete power to enforce the law by any means they deem necessary, sentencing and convicting any criminals they catch, and, rarely, executing them for the most despicable crimes. Easily recognized by their distinctive helmets and uniforms, Judges cut impressive figures in Mega-City One, evoking fear, respect and hatred in (more-or-less) equal measure from the citizens they protect. Judges are also well-equipped to carry out their duties, from the Lawgiver pistols that can fire up to six different types of ammunition, to their Lawmaster motorcycles which are armed with an array of weapons and an onboard AI computer that can take over driving duties when the Judge is otherwise occupied.

If you want any more information, happy to discuss at the club

** This game is now open **
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Sarge.
The topic has been locked.

R5 Judge Dredd - The Robot Wars 4 years 8 months ago #4062

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
Yes darling

R5 Judge Dredd - The Robot Wars 4 years 8 months ago #4063

• stew
  • Heroic Character
I'm in.

R5 Judge Dredd - The Robot Wars 4 years 8 months ago #4064