Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R2 2021: Odyssey of the Dragonlords

R2 2021: Odyssey of the Dragonlords 2 years 9 months ago #5373

• TheRanger
  • Heroic Character
Garuda. My friend says he will take the last spot if that's ok. He wants to play a trifling paladin. Backstory is he is my guys best friend etc. Lemme know if that's ok
The topic has been locked.

R2 2021: Odyssey of the Dragonlords 2 years 9 months ago #5380

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
TheRanger wrote:
Garuda. My friend says he will take the last spot if that's ok. He wants to play a trifling paladin. Backstory is he is my guys best friend etc. Lemme know if that's ok

I'll add your friend to the table. just waiting for someone to confirm Vic will be retuning and game will be full.

There are no tieflings (or triflings) in this setting. If its your friend's first outing in D&D then I'd be willing to work around this if he's set on being a tiefling (he'd, by default, have to be an outsider to the world of Thylea). Otherwise, would he be okay choosing between a human, elf, dwarf or half-elf?

As a Paladin, as a citizen of Thylea (either born here or grown up here) he'd be a Paladin of the Five or a dedicated paladin of one of the five gods of Thylea. If he's truly an outsider, just washed up on the shore, he'd be a paladin of some god that no one in Thylea has ever heard of.

Hope that makes sense.

Edit. Just as a reminder - this setting is inspired by the Ancient Greek world, so equipment has an Ancient Greek flavour. For instance heavy armour is not full plate, it's a bronze breast plate with bracers and grieves. A longsword is not a medieval blade but a leaf-shape double-edge xiphos. A spear is a dory. A medium or large shield is a round hoplite shield ect ect. Purely medieval contraptions like a crossbow do not exist at all.
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Garuda.

R2 2021: Odyssey of the Dragonlords 2 years 9 months ago #5382

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
ROTATION ONE RECAP – THE HIGHLIGHTS

The bits before we get to the end bits….

The Dragon Rider of Sydon
On the return journey to Estoria, the party witnessed the clouds roll unnaturally across the silver dragon swooped down. Riding the dragon was a blue-cloaked figure who loudly prophesized your doom. He commanded you to prostrate yourselves before the might of Sydon. Immediately, the thunder of hooves was heard and the party was forced to battle a warband of centaurs.

The Legend of Estor Arkelander
Back in Estoria you return the Horn of Balmytria to the Aesop, the curator at the Dragon Shrine. You all drink from the horn and drift into a deep slumber in which you all experience a dream similar to that Ezreal had previously. Aesop interprets the dream. The ship must be the legendary Ultros. The trireme commanded by Estor Arkelander – one of the last of the Dragonlords, and the man responsible for instigating the First War against the titans. He was, in the end, cursed to sail the treacherous seas as a ghost. Considering the strange bronze artefact each of you recalls holding in your dream. Aesop has heard half-stories of a wondrous artefact said to have the power to navigate the seas and to all of its islands.

If you ever happen to visit Mytros
The only person Aesop believes may know more of the legends of the Ultros, of Estor Arkelander and the strange navigation artefact would be King Acastus of Mytros, whose knowledge and thirst for lore of such things is unsurpassed. Before you leave him, Aesop gives you back the horn. He is worried someone might try to steal it again. He beseeches you; if you intend at some time to visit King Acastus in Mytros, would you ensure his queen, Vallus, receives this horn as Aesop trusts her to keep the horn safe.

Volkan
While wandering the streets of Estoria you visit the workshop of the highly recommended blacksmith, Volkan. Volkan is a gruff but charismatic character whose interest in people and objects is fleeting. His work is exquisite. The skill he possesses at the forge and with his hammers is unsurpassed and the speed at which he produces masterpieces of smith-work is amazing. But despite how awesome his work is, Volkan will quickly become displeased with it and often melts it down to craft something else. Perfectionist is his middle name. He has no idea what your names are though. He seems to forget much of what you say before you’ve even finished saying it – that’s if he even lets you finish speaking before he curtly cuts you off.

Saving Princess Anora
You visit King Pythor once more and set about formulating a plan to save his daughter from being sacrificed to Sydon. You’re all pleased to see Kyrah at the palace. Her presence always seems to bring calmness and confidence.

Castor agrees to disguise himself as the princess and take her place. Most people are unsure he can pull this off – for a start Castor has hooves and horns. Kyrah casts a minor illusion spell which should suffice to remedy that. The drunken Pythor, having listened to the heroes talk, promptly repeats what they’ve just said and congratulates himself on coming up with a cunning plan – he’ll get Castor to disguise himself as the princess. The king is a certified genius.

Beauty and the Beast
A procession through the city, organised by the Order of Sydon, leads Castor, in disguise, to the river. Castor is chained to a stake on a rock in the river itself. Preying and chanting begins, offering this sacrifice to Lord Sydon. A fierce reptilian beats emerges from the water intent on devouring the offering. As it gazes towards the baying crowd at the riverside, enraptured citizens are turned to stone on the spot. The beautiful princess breaks free and with the help of companions emerging from the crowd slays the beast. Sydon will not be pleased. But the Order of Sydon has been out-smarted. The princess is saved.
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Garuda.

R2 2021: Odyssey of the Dragonlords 2 years 9 months ago #5383

• TheRanger
  • Heroic Character
Hey garuda. My friend wont be albe to make it actually. Hes got somet on. Sorry for the hassle
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by TheRanger.

R2 2021: Odyssey of the Dragonlords 2 years 9 months ago #5384

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
TheRanger wrote:
Hey garuda. My friend wont be albe to make it actually. Hes got somet on. Sorry for the hassle

No probs.

I'll open up the space again.

R2 2021: Odyssey of the Dragonlords 2 years 9 months ago #5393

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
ROTATION ONE RECAP – THE HIGHLIGHTS

The end bits
….

A Father and Son Reunion
Back at the palace, Castor reveals himself to his father, the King. Pythor has no idea how many children he actually has in this world, but doesn’t question Castor’s sincerity for a minute. He embraces his son and gifts him his (once most prized possession) warhammer. Thanks Dad – what does a Satyr Rogue do with a warhammer? Still not to seem ungrateful, Castor graciously accepts his father’s gift. I’m sure it’ll come in handy.

The Dwarves at the Dragon’s Tooth Inn
Before leaving Estoria for the Oldwoods, the heroes had met a bunch of dwarves at the Dragon’s Tooth Inn. Though not citizens of the city, they are copper miners from a local community and often frequent Estoria’s drinking establishments. They told you what they know of the Mithral Mines. The Mithral Forge within the mines was used to construct the weapons of the gods for the First War. The forge can make powerful weapons and even make or repair magical items. The mines were abandoned more than a century ago. The stories say they were cursed by Lutheria. The Mistress of Death sent a Cerberus to drive the dwarves out. To find the mines you need to locate the hidden entrance. Follow the Arkelon River until you reach the Great Falls to begin your search. If the heroes find any relics of the lost dwarves, including their bones, if the heroes should return them to the Estoria the dwarves in the Dragon’s Tooth will see they receive a fitting burial.

Lighting the Fires of the Mithral Forge
The heroes set out along the Arkelon River on their second Great Labour – to relight the fires of the Mithral Forge. Close to the Great Falls of Arkelon the heroes encounter a tribe of centaurs. Though they are adherents of the titan, Sydon, they none-the-less offer their hospitality. Some of their number have been captured and taken to the old mines nearby – these mines are none other than the fabled Mithral Mines you are searching for. Hakur, the Centaur chieftain, gives you a horn. Should you rescue any of their kin, blast the horn and they will come and reclaim them from you.

Denizens of the Mines
Beyond a lake and the Hands of Kentimane, and behind the great roaring waterfall itself, you find, along a ledge, the secret entrance to the mines. Here on the ledge beneath the falls, you fight a bunch of odorous reptilian humanoids. And there’s plenty more of their kind within the first reaches of the mine itself. These foul creatures are roasting centaurs on a spit. After battling the creatures and enduring the stench in your nostrils, you decide a rest is in order. You exit the mines to regain your strength, refresh your divine powers and fill your lungs with fresh air.

In the morning you’ll be ready to delve into the depths of the mines…..

Here begins Rotation 2.
Moderators: mikeawmids, Andy Boyne
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds