Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R5: Coriolis - The Third Horizon

R5: Coriolis - The Third Horizon 1 year 9 months ago #6060

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
Rotation Number: 5 (18 Aug 22 - 06 Oct 22)
Ref Name: Rhodsey
Game System: Coriolis
New Characters: Yes
No. of Players: 5 (could accomodate 6 for a new starter or emergency)

Two spots reversed for longtime interest: Sarge, Sant. Please confirm if you want them. So 3 spaces.

Lets make this potential shit show official.

Coriolis - The Third horizon is often described as "Arabian nights in Space" It's a Free league game so uses a variation of the Year Zero engine. If you've ever played any of their other games (Alien, Forgotten lands etc) then the system should be familiar with it's own variations. I can give a short players summary out to those interested. We'll be using the base game rules but I might use a community made combat rebalance that tweaks the combat rules to bring them in line with improvements made in more recent Free League games.

Disclaimer 1: In the game you'll play an established Crew of a ship (yes you get your own ship) who have to work together and rely on one another to survive/thrive so this isn't the game for your Han solo Loner archetype. As such we'll all make characters (and design your ship) together in session 1 with an emphasis on co-operation.

Disclaimer 2: While there is (quite brutal) combat in the game (including very nice ship combat where every member of the crew gets to contribute) it's not the focus and often quite deadly. This game is more based around Social and investigation with short sharp bursts of combat, often if things have gone drastically wrong.

Disclaimer 3: I'm away the las two weeks of Rotation 4 for a much delayed work project. I REALLY hope it's not delayed any further but if it is I'll inform all if it moves into Rotation 5 and I'm not around for a period of time.

For reference, while there are many archetypes, typically a crew will consist of:

1 Captain
1 Pilot
1 Gunner
1 Engineer
1 Sensor Operator (much more important than you think).

All roles will have their own turn and their own ways to contribute in ship combat etc.

For some positions there is scope to double people up (two engineers working together, gunners sharing weapons between them, multipl sensor operators one doing target lock one doing countermeasures etc) and get an AI core for the ship to fulfil the missing role. It's also possible for one player to cover multiple roles although not as effectively. WE can go through that in Session 1.

Once we're full if interested I can provide people with some background on the setting so they can come to session 1 with a base concept. Otherwise things like planet and socuial class etc can be done randomly.

Finally quick trailer for the setting below that doesn't disclose anything that wouldn't be common knowledge.

Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by rhodsey.
The topic has been locked.

R5: Coriolis - The Third Horizon 1 year 9 months ago #6061

• Sarge
Deffo sign me up for this

R5: Coriolis - The Third Horizon 1 year 9 months ago #6069

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
yes

R5: Coriolis - The Third Horizon 1 year 9 months ago #6074

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
Just did some math and just to make people aware looks like I won't be around for week 8 of this rotation (6th October) so will be a truncated 7 weeks. But if the interest is there and we get a full list of players this campaign could potentially run into several over rotations so shouldn't be too much of an issue.

R5: Coriolis - The Third Horizon 1 year 9 months ago #6075

• JIm
  • Heroic Character
Alright steve, can I get in on this please.

R5: Coriolis - The Third Horizon 1 year 9 months ago #6076

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
JIm wrote:
Alright steve, can I get in on this please.

Certainly. don't worry you can still play a doctor. Or maybe a courtesan artisty type :)

2 spaces left
Moderators: mikeawmids, Andy Boyne
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds