Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: MTG Beginners advice

MTG Beginners advice 7 years 5 months ago #1667

• Sprite_goblin89
Ah, I fully appreciate the offer Shane! Thanks, if there's anything I could help you with, I'm sure I can! Deathcap cultivator up for trade if you're still interested, mind you its barely worth a penny!
Thanks for the watch, I've realised episode 2 was strangely editted - now I've fixed it! I'll have another video up of me ripping cards up soon!
I've managed to build a second deck this weekend, and I'll be working towards a 3rd deck from what I got from the boosters, but I can't imagine I'll be making a decent deck from it.

Ive got a Kaladesh deckbuilders on its way - bought for the boosters. And some Eldritch moon boosters too. Loads of videos to come!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

MTG Beginners advice 7 years 5 months ago #1669

• Gekz
  • New Character!
  • Fight Together, Die Alone
No problem, deck builders are pretty generic and mainly for begginers, they are semi random, but will help you get an idea of how to build, so its not a bad thing for a first timer. In the future I would advise just getting the bundles / fat packs or the booster boxes if you like the random aspect of opening things.

Bundles are especially great for organising cards for a set. My rule of thumb is one full bundle/ fat pack box full of cards only limit (I'll explain more on thursday and get Morgan to bring in a box)

I won't need the death cap cultivator anymore due to mana not being a problem and it will slow my energy ramp, but it was good when I was mono green.

I plan on setting up a mini league at some point with an eventual tournament just to spice things up.

P.S off topic, if anyone wants to buy more magic cards but can't afford it (like myself) manaleak in Birmingham does a voluntary offer for £5 an hour of in store credit that can go to anything in store.
Current MTG Decks - Pummelers Demise, Lillianas Wrath, White Weeny, Just Another Shrine.

MTG Beginners advice 7 years 5 months ago #1670

• Sprite_goblin89
Oh dear! Have I read the descirption wrong? Do I not actually get any boosters in the box? I thought it was a bit cheap! :blush: Oh well! At least it's more cards for my deck/s!

MTG Beginners advice 7 years 5 months ago #1672

• Gekz
  • New Character!
  • Fight Together, Die Alone
Sprite_goblin89 wrote:
Oh dear! Have I read the descirption wrong? Do I not actually get any boosters in the box? I thought it was a bit cheap! :blush: Oh well! At least it's more cards for my deck/s!

You do get boosters.

"Kaladesh Deck Builder's Toolkit containing * 125 semi-randomized cards suitable for building several different Magic decks * Four 15-card booster packs from a variety of recent Magic: The Gathering sets * 100 basic land cards to help you cast your spells * Deck builders guide with tips about building the best Magic decks * Magic "learn to play" guide * Full-art reusable card storage box"

Here os what you can expect *Note: They are from a variety of sets not just kaladesh, infact, I would go as far to say you won't be building anything that would class as Kaladesh potential.

and here is what a bundle / fat pack looks like

Current MTG Decks - Pummelers Demise, Lillianas Wrath, White Weeny, Just Another Shrine.

MTG Beginners advice 7 years 5 months ago #1673

• Sprite_goblin89
Ah that's good! so long as the boosters aren't specific cards! Its like £10 for 3 boosters at forbidden planet, so to get 4 boosters, and all those cards/lands etc for only £13 from magic madhouse it seemed like a worthwhile splurge!

Struggling to justfy the £35/£40 for a fat pack though, let alone the booster box! I've been watching a lot of profit/loss vids on booster boxes, maybe when I'm richer I'll do it!
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds