Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: MTG Beginners advice

MTG Beginners advice 7 years 6 months ago #1607

• Val
  • Heroic Character
Hi Conner,
Dice are fine to use as tokens. We all use them, u don't need actual tokens of the monsters.

There are standard deck restrictions of no more than 4 copies of any one card in a deck apart from basic land. Also certain cards are restricted to one card per deck. For example demonic tutor, balance, or luminarch ascension (looking at Gaz) :-)
But this shouldn't be an issue because most of the problem cards are from old sets so unless u buy them specially u won't have a problem.

See u Thursday.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

MTG Beginners advice 7 years 6 months ago #1655

• Sprite_goblin89
Kaladesh Deck builder's toolkit - yay or nay? discuss.

MTG Beginners advice 7 years 6 months ago #1656

• crusader_hank
  • Heroic Character
Toolkits are ok but they have a lot of wasted cards as well , if you want to buy a pre build deck to tweek o to to dissect, then an event deck is probably best , not many wasted cards

MTG Beginners advice 7 years 6 months ago #1657

• crusader_hank
  • Heroic Character
Toolkits are ok but they have a lot of wasted cards as well , if you want to buy a pre build deck to tweek o to to dissect, then an event deck is probably best , not many wasted cards

MTG Beginners advice 7 years 5 months ago #1662

• Sprite_goblin89
Ok, well I've decided against the deckbuilder, and I think I'm going to get some boosters for opening-fun!

As an aside (and a shameless plug), I've recently started a youtube channel where I've opened up my gift box - if anyone's interested, give it a watch for me and any comment on how best to open a booster is well received!

Thanks all!
Conner

MTG Beginners advice 7 years 5 months ago #1665

• Gekz
  • New Character!
  • Fight Together, Die Alone
Nice lil video there Sprite_goblin89, You even managed to pull one card I originally wanted for my pummeler deck "Deathcap Cultivator" :P

Gift boxes are generally not worth it, but as they are named if you get it as a gift, its no biggy, just not worth investing in it yourself.
Morgan bought a booster box and built a mean vehicle deck out of that, and surprisingly, he had a pretty bad booster box from what we have seen from others.

You've got the right idea of building around a theme, When I started Magic again, I first concentrated on an old deck that I never finished, Then evolved from there with various ideas and themes, I can see one deck idea of mine being banned just because of how "janky" it can be.

I'll have a look at what cards I have that could possibly be of some use to you and throw some your way.
~Shane
Current MTG Decks - Pummelers Demise, Lillianas Wrath, White Weeny, Just Another Shrine.
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds