Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Too many continuation games?

Too many continuation games? 4 years 10 months ago #3963

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
Sarge wrote:
Absolutely, this is what I hinted at in previous post. Lets have 8 games posted up, what a great choice that would be!

In that case we're gonna need a new rule about not hoarding tables at the club. People are gonna need somewhere to sit and play. :blink:
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Garuda.
The topic has been locked.

Too many continuation games? 4 years 10 months ago #3964

• Eomak
  • New Character!
That's easy, if 8 games were posted, each GM would have half as many players as usual in their games, needing only half as many tables to accommodate them.

Too many continuation games? 4 years 10 months ago #3965

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
Garuda wrote:
Sarge wrote:
Absolutely, this is what I hinted at in previous post. Lets have 8 games posted up, what a great choice that would be!

In that case we're gonna need a new rule about not hoarding tables at the club. People are gonna need somewhere to sit and play. :blink:

Thanks Garuda... I needed that this morning, I was rolling :) ... it reminded me of this quote from one of my favourite films Dr Strangelove. (replace mine shaft with tables!).

"I think we should look at this from the military point of view. I mean, supposing the Russkies stashes away some big bomb, see. When they come out in a hundred years they could take over... In fact, they might even try an immediate sneak attack so they could take over our mineshaft space... I think it would be extremely naive of us, Mr. President, to imagine that these new developments are going to cause any change in Soviet expansionist policy. I mean, we must be... increasingly on the alert to prevent them from taking over other mineshaft space, in order to breed more prodigiously than we do, thus, knocking us out in superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow... a mine shaft gap!"
- General Buck Turgidson

And although totally unconnected to tables, this one is a favourite...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the War Room!
- President Merkin Muffley
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.

Too many continuation games? 4 years 10 months ago #3968

• Aka
  • Heroic Character
i`ll be there wednesday night to put my towel on the table i want
roll high or go home

Too many continuation games? 4 years 10 months ago #3970

• Sarge
Garuda wrote:
Sounds sensible. Max 2 of the longer tables per game please everyone

Too many continuation games? 4 years 10 months ago #3971

• Sarge
Aka wrote:
i`ll be there wednesday night to put my towel on the table i want
Lol

You don’t need to, as the new chairman of the BCRPS you have certain benefits, one being able to claim first dibs on the tables! ;)
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Sarge.
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds