Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Too many continuation games?

Too many continuation games? 4 years 10 months ago #3953

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
Raging Soliloquy wrote:
Isnt the idea of a RPG to continue playing it? Isnt that what makes the experience enjoyable? To progress your character, unlock new skills and abilities and develop its personality. Just saying. Personally i think this is a ridiculous topic to be discussing.

Amen brother... completely agree. An 8 week rotation sees little if any opportunity to develop a character with new skills/abilities.

as to reducing numbers in campaigns to 4 or 5 I agree that's appropriate for any new campaigns, but I would be a little miffed to lose a seat at an established campaign that I am enjoying...
I also dont think the idea of a floating seat works for me... if we have to forcibly retire a player in a campaign that's even worse than the short duration games, you invest in a character, do well, enjoy the game and then get blown out. It also disrupts the continuity for others in the campaign as inevitably introducing a new character into a game with intrigue and a lot of past history can be problematic (as I know from Scott's Masks campaign although that may be just Akio's delusional paranoia!)
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.
The topic has been locked.

Too many continuation games? 4 years 10 months ago #3954

• Raging Soliloquy
  • Tenth Level
Was thinking more along the lines of potentially accepting an extra player not reducing the players you have. Maybe have an Npc they can play to get used to the rules. It would be an open spot only as a temporary place. I believe this would both encourage new players but not alienate existing ones.
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Raging Soliloquy.

Too many continuation games? 4 years 10 months ago #3955

• Raging Soliloquy
  • Tenth Level
:)
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Raging Soliloquy.

Too many continuation games? 4 years 10 months ago #3960

• Andy Boyne
  • Heroic Character
There is another consequence to having games posted and then opened for sign-up 4 weeks before, which is that all GMs planning to run the game should post during the first 4 weeks of the rotation so that all the games can be filled around the same time and to maximise the opportunity for players to play what they want and for GMs and players to have the maximum time to prepare.

I think we have 2 games for rotation 5 thus far, so need 2 more games. Anyone planning to run a game in R5?

Too many continuation games? 4 years 10 months ago #3961

• Eomak
  • New Character!
Actually Andy we don't need just two more games. We could theoretically have as many games as we like. Never understood where this artificial limit came from. Looking forward to seeing you back at the club.

Too many continuation games? 4 years 10 months ago #3962

• Sarge
Eomak wrote:
Actually Andy we don't need just two more games. We could theoretically have as many games as we like. Never understood where this artificial limit came from. Looking forward to seeing you back at the club.

Absolutely, this is what I hinted at in previous post. Lets have 8 games posted up, what a great choice that would be!
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Sarge.
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds