Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Regarding BCRPS Subs

Regarding BCRPS Subs 5 years 10 months ago #2991

• Sarge
Following our much-missed friend Gary’s bequeath of a years room hire being paid, some members were a little confused when I came around and collected subs last Thursday

So, I just wanted to explain and remind members of a few things.

Whilst primarily ensuring the room is paid for, the payment of subs covers a number of other things. The BCRPS website has hosting and domain fees that increase annually, and whilst we have a good deal, we have no control over price increases.

Not all members have to pay. We have always had a club rule that those at school, are unemployed, or are Pensioners don’t have to pay, hence other members making up the shortfall.

Depending on the time of year and other commitments, numbers can fluctuate a lot, so there are times that what is collected wouldn’t cover the room cost, so we have to have some pool of money to make up any difference.

The weekly sub of £1 has never gone up in all the years the club has been in existence. I wouldn’t mind betting that other similar clubs charge more than this on a weekly basis.

It has never been, and isn’t, about making profit. Any excesses are either kept as a pool of money to cover any shortfalls, or there have been free weeks, or on occasion free drinks for attending members. Also, when t-shirts/hoodies etc. have been available, the BCRPS subsidised half of the costs.

The fact that Garys most generous donation means more money will go into the pot, gathering subs continues to allow the BCRPS to pass on these kinds of benefits, and this year, likely more often.

Ideas for the use of club funds is always welcome

I really hope this clarifies everything, and I am happy to discuss this in person should anyone have any concerns.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds