Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Looking to join

Looking to join 5 years 7 months ago #3288

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
Hi there.

My names Steve and I live pretty much just around the corner. I've wanted to get into roleplaying for a good long while after playing a little as a kid (mostly Warhammers RP system and also that homebrewed with the old Necromunda rules to make it work in the 40K universe that an old friend ran). Found the group back when it was still on Meetme before the parent group died then periodically find and lose the website again :) I keep meaning to come along on a Thursday to see but usually do the trick of remembering well after you have started but want to make the effort to get there now.

Like a lot around now got back into this from the likes of Critical role etc and have the basics down from that (although I'm aware they also homebrew a lot). Question is, from looking at the site, you work on rotations and the games always seem to fill up very quickly. Is it worth coming down mid rotation or waiting until the next rotation starts in Oct? Are there spaces for new people? Are any of the games ran newbie friendly etc?

Will hopefully try and come down this Thursday evening to meet in person but wanted to say hi here first.
The topic has been locked.

Looking to join 5 years 7 months ago #3289

• MellyMel
  • Platinum Member
hi steve! welcome to the club. we try to accommodate new members and hopefully some GM can find a place for you this thursday. can't promise as I'm not running a game this rotation, but hopefully a current GM will pipe up to confirm as much.

Mel.

Looking to join 5 years 7 months ago #3290

• mikeawmids
  • Platinum Member
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Hello Steve!

Glad to hear the Meetup page was useful. We've recently been discussing the value of re-activating it.

We are literally halfway through the current rotation (4 weeks down, 4 weeks to go). There are four games running, three are full, but we do try to get new players in where we can. You can always join OtherMike and the Magic players, although I have no idea what they are doing.

I just posted a Savage Worlds game for rotation 6 (starting in October) if you want to sign up for that. #shamelessplug
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by mikeawmids.

Looking to join 5 years 7 months ago #3291

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
mikeawmids wrote:
Hello Steve!

Glad to hear the Meetup page was useful. We've recently been discussing the value of re-activating it.

We are literally halfway through the current rotation (4 weeks down, 4 weeks to go). There are four games running, three are full, but we do try to get new players in where we can. You can always join OtherMike and the Magic players, although I have no idea what they are doing.

I just posted a Savage Worlds game for rotation 6 (starting in October) if you want to sign up for that. #shamelessplug

Thanks both for the hello. Original email mentioned Matts game which probably would have been perfect since its 5e and LVL 1 but if it's full it's full. Not sure which game is the magic players on the rotations. Don't know anything about Savage Worlds?

I think Thurs I will come along anyway and say hello and discuss in person. I know advertised start time is 7:30 but should I come earlier and ask for anyone in particular?

Looking to join 5 years 7 months ago #3292

• mikeawmids
  • Platinum Member
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
rhodsey wrote:
Don't know anything about Savage Worlds?

www.peginc.com/store/savage-worlds-test-drive-lankhmar/

Check out the free test drive rules linked above. It's a simple, cinematic system and I welcome new converts - I mean, players.

I thought Matt's game had one slot free, but that was filled by another new player (Richard). Matt might still have room for another player, but that is up to him. In case he can squeeze you in, you might consider coming with a level one character ready, so that the game does not grind to a halt while you roll one up.

OtherMike and the Magic guys don't post on the website, so nobody really knows what they are doing over there. I hear whispers in the ether that it is some sort of homebrew game.
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by mikeawmids.

Looking to join 5 years 7 months ago #3293

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
Never rolled up a 5e character (or any in about 20 years). I've got the player handbook on DnD beyond so will have a play with that. ordered a physical copy today plus dice. I hear they might be useful

thanks for the link i'll have a look at the system now.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds