Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Gazathon - Sant's Game - The Pleasure Bringers

Gazathon - Sant's Game - The Pleasure Bringers 5 years 3 months ago #3576

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
The Pleasure Bringers
Who are you anyway?
They call you Lasers. Or scrubbers, regulators, or, out in the Scylla Outzone, shinestars. To the lawless denizens of the Bleed, whether they be pirates, gangsters or tyrants, you’re known in less flattering terms. According to official Combine terminology, the members of your hard-bitten starship crew are known as Licensed Autonomous Zone Effectuators. You’re the seasoned freelancers local leaders call when a situation proves too tough, too baffling, or simply too weird to handle on their own. In the abandoned fringe of inhabited planets known as the Bleed, you’re as close to a federal authority as they come.

Sometimes that’s not saying much. Nearly any planetsider can tell you a horror story of effectuators gone wrong. Motivated by profit and operating on razor-thin margins, laser crews are all too tempted to cross the line, to become the kind of scum they’re paid to hunt. You may despise the crooked contractors who give your profession a bad name and make it harder to win the trust of honest citizens. Or you might be hanging on the edge of corruption yourselves. However deep your ethical commitments, you struggle to maintain at least the appearance of a sparkling reputation. The value of your next contract depends on it.

A long time ago in a galaxy just around the corner…
You have a ship, the Hamish Macbeth. You are currently wrangling a deal to earn enough money to clean out the air recirculation system, which recently suffered a major malfunction after a rather energetic post-‘job’ celebration.

Adventure Game Engine
This session uses the Adventure Game Engine. You will need 3D6, with one of them being a different colour to the other 2. This is your stunt die.

How do I do stuff?
You have 9 Abilities (Stats) ranging from -2 to 4. Each stat might have one or more Foci you have earnt, for example Perception(Ability)/Seeing (Focus), or Perception/Smelling. To complete a task roll the 3d6 together and add the Ability the GM says is relevant. If you have a focus in what you are attempting you get +2 to the dice roll. The whole result is compared to a Target Number called a TN (think DC). If you succeed you ‘can’ use the result on the stunt dice to give you an indication of the level of success. However if you roll doubles on any of the three dice AND succeed you gain Stunt Points (SPs) to use equal to the result of the stunt die. These can be spent immediately on Stunts (you will get a handout). If you roll triples and succeed you have done something worthy of story and reputation.

Combat.
Combat uses initiative and you get 1 Major and one Minor Action (or 2 Minors). These actions are listed on a handout, don’t panic.

The Adventure
The adventure has some adult themes, if you aren’t comfortable with this please let me know.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds