Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: !! CHANGES TO RECRUITMENT !! PLEASE READ !!

!! CHANGES TO RECRUITMENT !! PLEASE READ !! 4 years 5 months ago #4438

• mikeawmids
  • Platinum Member
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Hello all.

Following a trial period, it has been observed that the changes that were recently made to the recruitment process have not been beneficial to the club. On reflection, no positive impact has been made, so the decision has been made to undo the change and manage game sign up like before.

All recruitment threads have been unlocked, effective immediately.

Apologies for any inconvenience the trial has caused.
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by mikeawmids.
The topic has been locked.

!! CHANGES TO RECRUITMENT !! PLEASE READ !! 4 years 5 months ago #4458

• MellyMel
  • Platinum Member
Jolly good. Worth trying things I guess but for me it just made everything trickier to the extent that I pretty much bailed on this rotation. First one in about twenty years

!! CHANGES TO RECRUITMENT !! PLEASE READ !! 4 years 5 months ago #4459

• Andy Boyne
  • Heroic Character
Hang on a minute.

When we agreed to change the recruitment process, this was as a result of discussion on this site for a considerable amount of time.

That doesn’t appear to have been the case here and I don’t believe this is the correct approach. Who was consulted and how was this consultation carried out?Certainly, my view wasn’t taken into account.
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Andy Boyne.

!! CHANGES TO RECRUITMENT !! PLEASE READ !! 4 years 5 months ago #4461

• mikeawmids
  • Platinum Member
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.

But seriously, everyone I spoke to hated it, so I spoke to Sarge and everyone he had spoken to hated it. It was an interesting idea and we gave it a go, but - based on what was being said by the majority of members - it did not work. A consensus was reached that the change was detrimental to the future of the club and rather than provoke another 21 page discussion, we figured we'd just reverse the decision and be done with it.

I appreciate that this is not a satisfactory answer, but there is a time for talk - and a time for action!

Somewhat belatedly, I have created this informative poll to gather popular opinion.

www.poll-maker.com/poll2614287x53e2454C-75
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by mikeawmids.
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds