Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Player looking for a game to join.

Player looking for a game to join. 2 years 3 months ago #5740

• Mr. Noack
  • New Character!
Hi guys (and ladies),

I just moved to the area and was wondering if anyone is looking for another player to join a game. I can play in person (as long as meetings are taking place) or online.

As far as experience is concerned I am relatively new. I played a campaign AON (Swedish role playing game), a few sessions Savage world's in a sci-fi setting, an one shot Call of Cthulhu and one of vampires and DM'd part of a campaign with an adapted rules light setting using GURPS as a base. I also played around with a diceless system which I found intriguing.

Anyways, as far as I understood not everything which is currently available is posted here in the forum, so I would appreciate if you could let me know which campaigns are still open for a player or maybe even something new that's starting. I am quick to read into rulebooks so don't worry about me not catching up with the rules B)

Cheers

Chris
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Mr. Noack.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Player looking for a game to join. 2 years 3 months ago #5742

• Sarge
Hey Chris, welcome to the club

We have 3 games at the moment, two 5e DnD and a Call of Cthulhu

There is most certainly a space in one of the 5e games if you fancy it?

We’re all a friendly and helpful lot so don’t be put off by any lack of experience, I’m positive you’ll have a great time

Hopefully see you Thursday

Player looking for a game to join. 2 years 3 months ago #5743

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
Hi Chris, welcome I'm sure someone will chime in. Oh they did
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Sant.

Player looking for a game to join. 2 years 3 months ago #5744

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
Welcome as Sarge and Sant have said. The way the club works is on 8 week rotations where someone opts to run a game for that period then (in theory) everyone swaps around again to new games (people can always opt to continue games they enjoyed in later rotations but it gives people a break from DMing and lets everyone try different things). as stated though people usually leave a space for new people as yourself.

As Sarge says turn up Thursday and they'll find you a seat. I'm not personally back till rotation 2. One bit of advise bring at least a little change with you for cobs from behind the bar! and the £1 subs. Everything else is card based.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by rhodsey.

Player looking for a game to join. 2 years 3 months ago #5747

• Mr. Noack
  • New Character!
@Sarge: Sure, that sounds good, I haven't played DnD before. Have you got a story driven campaign?

@rhodsey: So just to get this right, the club is on Thursdays and not Fridays?

The previous club I was a member of had longer gaps between rotations and many just stayed at their table and continued the campaign; which makes sense if you are fully emerged in it; otherwise they also met privately to get around the rotations for the long game.

Take care

Chris

Player looking for a game to join. 2 years 3 months ago #5748

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
Mr. Noack wrote:
@rhodsey: So just to get this right, the club is on Thursdays and not Fridays?

yup Thursday ignore me and my typos!
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds