• crusader_hank
  • Heroic Character
;) ok
The topic has been locked.

[R6] Storm King's Thunder - Discussion 7 years 5 months ago #1682

• antidog
  • Heroic Character
The Journal of Dragor Taliovic – Day ?

I know not how long I was out. I only know that I was…elsewhere.

When my eyes finally opened and the residual energy coruscating across them subsided, I looked around.

I sat amongst devastation. I was still in the forest I had fled to, but was in a clearing of my own unwitting creation; surrounded by the charred, blackened remains of the ancient trees that had lived here undisturbed for a thousand years and more. Steam rose in whispering tendrils from beneath the burnt undergrowth.

I stood stiffly, muscles spasming as the last of the wild magic fled my body. I walked around the area, noting that the destruction was spread out a hundred yards or so in a neat circle.

It seems to me that the fight in the cave against the ogre somehow unlocked more of my latent power. My fear of the great creature forcing the magic in me to react and defend itself, resulting in a new power – a thunderous wave of energy that hurled the ogre back into its muddy bed.

It is also obvious that these increases in power come at a price. While new abilities and outlets for my magic are welcome, the side effects seem to be fairly extreme. Unleashing such fierce energies are one thing but they are not so easily contained or controlled.

This circle of levelled forest can attest to that.

Still, I feel at peace once more. In control. Well, as in control as I can expect to be.

Using magic regularly is much like building muscle. Such as one would expect from a blacksmith’s growth from apprentice to journeyman; the more you hit the anvil, the stronger and more powerful you become. But with that strength you must learn finesse and control. Sadly, I feel that I am perhaps more the hammer than the arm that controls it.

Looking around once more, I heft my pack onto my shoulders and head back towards the ogre cave to rejoin my newfound friends and allies.

I only hope that when next my powers grow, I can get away in time to minimise any harm…
Why does my D20 only go up to 4?

[R6] Storm King's Thunder - Discussion 7 years 5 months ago #1683

• crusader_hank
  • Heroic Character
Two posts Antidog for the same week

[R6] Storm King's Thunder - Discussion 7 years 5 months ago #1684

• antidog
  • Heroic Character
No this one was for the week I wasn't here. Thought I'd do a write up of what Dragor was up to anyway!
Why does my D20 only go up to 4?

[R6] Storm King's Thunder - Discussion 7 years 5 months ago #1686

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Awesome write-up. I guess you are still on track for 8/8 reward. I have tinkered with list slightly;

1: Critical Hit
2: Common Magical Potion (with one-time effect)
3: +5 HP
4: Critical Hit
5: Uncommon Magical Item
6: Level 1 NPC ally
7: +10HP
8: Multiclass

So I guess you have a magical potion to pick tonight + 5 HP.

[R6] Storm King's Thunder - Discussion 7 years 5 months ago #1687

• crusader_hank
  • Heroic Character
Sounds good to me
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds