Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [R6] Storm King's Thunder - Discussion

[R6] Storm King's Thunder - Discussion 7 years 6 months ago #1688

• Sprite_goblin89
Sorry! Didn't think we were doing it!

Therutir Charredwood's Musings, pt 3.
[Written in common}

I sped past the garrons as they sniffed about for any tuft of grass to chew, I considered taking one with me, but I was too concerned with getting myself away from the embarrassment of another ribbing from the rogue woman regarding my unfortunate occular mishap. Regardless, I headed off into a nearby woods; I sought the solace and healing powers of the earth. Amongst an ancient oak, cleft from root to bough by some godly abomination no doubt, I bedded down. Like a babe comforted in the mother's womb, I drifted in and out of rest. My eyes burned, so much that even closing them gave me no relief.
My dreams were also my enemy that night. Aching worries seemed to follow me around a dark and empty space. Echoes of she-ogres breaking men intwixt whilst she tried to mate with them echoed amongst the covernous black. Chittering laughter of those fucking cretins crept over my shoulders and into my ears like smoke filling my head. The smoke - I could taste it, smell it, almost feel it - I awoke with a start. A range of mystical bangs tore through the stalwart sentinels around the clearing, vacuums popping, removing all sound, yet making an almighty crash all at the same time. It was then that I saw the smoke, pouring through the bracken, emerald in appearance, or was it turquoise? No matter, it fogged the clearing in which I slept. It had a magical essence to it, frightening and powerful. A sense of dread encompassed my thoughts - I heard the screams of animals and other creatures a like tear the air, ripping like a knife through silk. The trees, they seemed to shudder in dismay. Someone has damaged the balance - the earth deserves recompense.
I will leave back for the party now, I must, else I shall be left, but I will return for whatever it was that caused such destruction.

[Written in druidic]
For an instant, I felt it, wild-magic. An aura that seems familiar. It can't be. Why would he destroy the things he knows I care so dearly for? It can't have been him, the wild-mage who I've been traveling with, could it? I shal investigate when the time is right, but in the meatime, I shall keep my eye on him...
The topic has been locked.

[R6] Storm King's Thunder - Discussion 7 years 6 months ago #1689

• antidog
  • Heroic Character
Nice tie-in!
Why does my D20 only go up to 4?

[R6] Storm King's Thunder - Discussion 7 years 6 months ago #1695

• moc
  • Elite Member
... Just wow... What a ride... We had just been defeated by those dwarves.. Very good fighters we didn't stand much of a chance. They were in and out quickly. Very professional job.
Just as the castle was crashing down, time seemed to slow, but I seemed to be unaffected. A strange looking woodland being appeared. It's was beautiful, we held hands for what seems to be a lifetime. I heard in my head, I give you some magical abilities, you will need them in the future. All I ask is that you put aside your hatred for gaint folk and aid them. Then the ground shook we were down.! I was just wondering if that was real? Then I reached into my mind to a place where I had never been... There were magical abilities that I have.. I will be needing to test them... Who was this woodland being? I hate religion, when a priest speaks I hide my money. But this was strange and real. I have new spells, and a new mindset. How can I forgive.. How can I forget? But I know I must...

[R6] Storm King's Thunder - Discussion 7 years 6 months ago #1696

• Andrek
  • Elite Member
Session Three Write-up

If I can pick up the story. The heroes have just defeated a highly aggressive group of goblins and an ogre couple.

While the rest of them are busy looting the bodies and searching the cave for treasure, Romero Scorzoni, Half elven paladin of Sune Firehair, has cornered Rufious, the ranger in a secluded portion of the cave. “if you don’t mind, I think you need to reconsider your chosen career path as an archer, since you just damned near killed me by shooting me in the back during that last fight”. Rufious looks uncomfortable “look Romero, when you’re fighting, could you just try not moving around so much, and anyway, there was something in my eye, and do you know, this bow’s never been right, ever since I bought it.” “Listen Rufious, when you Rangers finish your training don’t you get a test or something?”. “Well, Yes, I did great on the theory”. Just then, they both notice that the hall has gone really quiet – they seem to be alone. Where have all their friends gone?

Just then, Alaura, the last loyal guard from Blackstone Keep appears. “It looks like your friends have gone” She says. “The druid has poorly eyes, and has gone to seek healing”.
“And the others?” says Rufios. “Beer Festival!” says Alaura. “Damn!” says Rufious.
“Then it’s just down to us two brave fellows to rescue the villagers of Nightstone” Says Romero the Paladin.

So our two valiant heroes cautiously start to search the goblin tunnels on their own. Pretty soon they find themselves assaulted by a swarm of giant rats. Romero attempts to fight them with his mace, but finds them difficult opponents in the cramped tunnels, and their swarmfighting tactics are giving him a great deal of trouble. Luckily, Rufious has finally found his archery muse, and starts to to pick them off around him. First through Romeros armpit, then over his shoulder, and even between his legs. One overly aggressive rat scrambles up Romero’s torso and latches onto his nose with its viciously sharp incisors. Just as he screams out “not the face, not the face!”, He hears Rufious’s arrow whizzing perilously close to his ear which not just impales the vexatious rodent but pins it to the opposite wall some ten feet away.

“By Sune, you’ve got better, Rufious”.

Next, this unlikely team blunder upon the goblin king, who has set up an ambush behind a hidden curtain. Rufious again demonstrates his belated efficiency with the bow. With his very first shot, he impales the goblin kings throat, killing him stone dead (and, according to him, amputating his epiglottis). Behind him is the combined treasure looted from the Nightstone villagers, and Lady Featherstone, Lady in waiting to the now deceased Mistress of Nightstone, Rufious trys to hit on her, but its Romero’s more charismatic approach that wins the girl. Rufious consoles himself by taking the goblin king’s wooden crown and perching it at a rakish angle upon his head.

After avoiding a suspected trap (turns out to be a black pudding hiding in a hollow rock), our heroes find the Nightstone villagers, chained up on ledges above a deep pit. Living in the pit is a colony of hungry vampire bats, nearly ready for their next meal. Fortunately, Romero and Rufious have previously located a large rock, which happens to be the right size to block up the opening to the bat cave. So it comes to pass that they are able to rescue the villagers unopposed, and lead them back to Nightstone, where they meet their companions, bleary-eyed from Conjunctivitis/too much beer.

After nightfall, Romero takes a bottle of fine wine and the girl and goes to bed. Fade to black.

[R6] Storm King's Thunder - Discussion 7 years 6 months ago #1697

• crusader_hank
  • Heroic Character
A heroes welcome is wasted on me I do what I need to do to get the job done so when we return the villagers to the village thanks and praise fell on deaf ears . after trying to rally the people to go after the storm giants and getting nowhere we were surprised to see a cloud giant castle coming towards up . The next thing we knew it had landed by the town I promptly said about going to say hello to the rest of the party followed, some more quicker than others. Didn't really understand much of the next couple of days but it seems this is a friendly giant.Who had come to collect us for The battle ahead. the were a couple of visitors while castle was flying I try to entertain them and keep them occupied but unfortunately I didn't seem to be able to which resulted in a tribute being refused and the castle been knocked out of the sky so we are on foot again travelling toward the town to deliver a message

[R6] Storm King's Thunder - Discussion 7 years 6 months ago #1699

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
For my records, a tally of who has done write-ups for which weeks and who has rewards pending this Thursday;

WEEK 5
Antidog 4/8 (CRITICAL HIT)
Andrek 1/8 (CRITICAL HIT)
Moc 1/8 (CRITICAL HIT)
CrusaderHank 4/8 (CRITICAL HIT)
SpriteGoblin 3/8 -
FruitViking 3/8 (+5 HP)

*amended to reflect post(s) below.

Please remember you are all level 4 now and need to start behaving like it. :p
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by mikeawmids.
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds