Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: We Are Thieves - Discussion

We Are Thieves - Discussion 7 years 1 month ago #1927

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Hello fellow criminal types!

I will be absent from the club this Thursday as I will be out celebrating my brother's birthday!

Have fun with all the thieving!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

We Are Thieves - Discussion 7 years 1 month ago #1933

• Andrek
  • Elite Member
Gelert Part Three

Elandrin led me back to his residence. This part of town was once wealthy and prosperous, but now its glory days were gone, and its fine buildings had fallen into disrepair through neglect. Some had just fallen down, and were now just piles of rubble, inhabited only by vermin. Others had been split up into low-grade flats or put to other uses. Elandrins house was located near to two such places, one was now the tannery, the other an abattoir. These provided ample olfactory masking to disguise the noxious gases and vapours created by Elandrins experiments.

Elandrins house was relatively modest in size and had previously been of very high quality construction, but was now looking very shabby and neglected. An ugly metal chimney, very obviously not part of the original construction, protruded rudely from the roof. A Small sign outside the door proclaimed his business “Eladrin, procurer of potions, unguents, bleaches, dyes and vitriols. Manufacturer of fine chemicals at very reasonable prices.”

Inside it was chaos, nearly every room was cluttered with glassware, burners, reagents and diverse alchemical paraphernalia. There were two exceptions. One was the vestibule where Elandrin met his customers. Over the counter was suspended the obligatory stuffed crocodile, an symbol of alchemy that any layman would recognise. The other was the Library. Elandrin’s collection of books was truly exceptional, many were written in strange languages, and bound in types of leather that I did not recognise. There were even a few books which Elandrin had obtained duplicate copies in different languages. Over time, not only would I learn the rudiments of magic from these books, but also the languages in which they were written.
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Andrek.

We Are Thieves - Discussion 7 years 1 month ago #1934

• Andrek
  • Elite Member
Extract from Gelert's Diary..

Becoming increasingly bothered by the recurrent goblin attacks on the road, Master merchant Gaylen’s nerves break and he decides to press on through the night in an effort to escape the Dark Forest by morning.

In the first wagon, there is Gaylen, his bodyguard and his driver at the front. Behind them, riding shotgun, is Dimble on the right, Keller in the centre, Gelert on the left. Perched on top of the the canvas is Dorian, equipped with his bow. The three mercenaries are riding the rear wagon. Everybody is tired, but no one sleeps, because Gaylen has threatened to set his bodyguard on anybody who dares to do so.
It’s almost dawn, when, In due course, they find themselves in a portion of the forest where the trees have got so overgrown that they overhang the road.

Gelert cries out “Watch out! There could be goblin……”

Twang, Whizz, Thud, Aaargh!

“…….snipers hiding up there!”

Black-feathered Goblin arrows sprout from each of the three lads in the rear wagon. At the same time, a ferocious hobgoblin warrior, up until this point hiding in a covered pit at the side of the road, leaps aboard the rear wagon, and before anybody has the chance to do anything about it, despatches all of the wounded mercenaries.

A frost bolt from Gelert, and an arrow from Dorian quickly eliminate the hobgoblin threat, but then Gelert hears arcane chanting from the side of the road – a Sleep Spell. It’s that pesky goblin shaman again. Dimble slumps forward, suddenly a-slumber, but as his head drops down, he luckily bashes it on a wooden rail at the front of the wagon, which wakes him up, even if he is mildly concussed (nobody else notices any difference).

Keller lets go with his own sleep spell up into the canopy, and two goblin archers fall like over-ripe fruit from the trees, and land on the road, each with a sickening crunch. Dimble leaps onto the rear wagon in the hope of being able to loot the body of the dead hobgoblin warrior.

Gelert spots some motion from the side of the road, and lets loose a sleep spell of his own, the movement stops. “That pesky goblin shaman is mine!” He screams. He leaps off the cart into the Dark Forest. Meanwhile, the remaining arboreal goblin archers have come under fire from Dorian, and have left the trees in an effort to keep up with the moving wagon. Gelert encounters one of these, but with a deft stroke from his rapier severs both his carotid arteries. The goblin slumps down, ichor fountaining from his neck. Soon he finds the sleeping shaman, and delivers the Coup de Grace. He slings the body over his shoulder, but sensing other goblins approaching, runs back to the wagons and leaps aboard. He wastes no time in looting the body.

The Caravan arrives in Umbria. The team are paid for their efforts. It is revealed that a secret cargo of herbs was concealed beneath one of the wagons. Keller sells his own stash of herbs for a meagre profit. Dimble makes contact with the local thieves.

To be continued..................
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Andrek.

We Are Thieves - Discussion 7 years 1 month ago #1935

• moc
  • Elite Member
Andy a minor magic item... Cloak of the arcane trickster... Lots of pockets... In any you choose any spell components... Such as a feathers etc... +1 to spell attack. And +1 stealth

We Are Thieves - Discussion 7 years 1 month ago #1938

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
I have been booked onto a training course in Birmingham this week and will not be able to make it to the club. Good luck with the stuff!

We Are Thieves - Discussion 7 years 1 month ago #1946

• moc
  • Elite Member
OK mike... No worries... I am working late till 8 pm, so will not be at the club till 8.30 pm
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds