Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tyranny of Dragons: Continues Rot 3 2020

R6: Tyranny of Dragons 8 years 5 months ago #970

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
Thought you'd like multi-coloured hair. Not everyone can grow it you know. Real distinguished (and not at all amusing...) :whistle:
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

R6: Tyranny of Dragons 8 years 5 months ago #1003

• Bane
  • Elite Member
“Where the ruddy hell have they gone?” asked Dave

“Through the portal Dave, I thought that was obvious” replied Nar Ator

“I didn’t mean where have they gone, I meant where have they gone now they have travelled through the portal?”

“You mean where and when? Dave”

“They’ve travelled in time as well?”

“Possibly Dave”

“You seem very clued up on this? How come you know so much. I’ve been with you for three days straight now and only this morning you didn’t know what was going on. But know you know they have travelled in time.” Asked Dave suspiciously.

“Er well, it’s all part of being the narrator actually, I have no idea then I see it all so I can talk about it and then it all goes dark again. For instance I know they will approach the hunting lodge in about two minutes after a brief discussion and I know where they end up in about three hours but after that, who knows?”

“That sounds a bit pants to be honest Nar me old mate”

“Please don’t call me Nar” Said Narator and then instantly regretted saying that as Dave had this ability to wind him up given a smidgen of ammunition. “It is what it is Dave. The best way I can describe it is, I can see the future with hindsight.”

“Okay, so they have travelled through the portal to another place and another time.” Said Dave trying to get the facts right in his own head.

“Possibly another time but definitely another place” said Nar Ator. “Well, can’t hang round here all day, see you there Dave.” And with that Nar Ator had gone.

The sparks flashing off the portal area were very distracting and eerie. Dave was all alone other than corpses and the Bullywug Shaman who vanished. Did Bullywugs eat crows? Dave made his mind up not to find out and hopped on to the portal. Dave said the words of power to activate it, unfortunately for Dave he had forgotten he still had all the corporeal components of a crow. Yes Dave could talk to people, but it was his voice projected into their minds the same as Nar Ator spoke to him.

So this is a factual account of what actually happened. To the casual observer the Crow was trapped under the castle, it had doggedly followed the adventurers but hung back from any combat, and the adventurers’ seemed blissfully unaware of the crows’ presence. When the adventures attacked the Bullywug Shaman and the Elf, the crow hung back and when they moved on the crow followed. When they stood on the portal the Crow tried to catch up to them but FLASH and they had gone. The Crow hung around the portal for a short while and then stood on the same spot as the adventures had and squawked “CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW” but nothing happened.

Dave quickly realised this was rather a large issue.

Time travel is a pain dear reader so stick with it.

“Cor, it’s fresh here” said Oz.

“Better than that swamp” said Maria. “The air is crisp and clean” they took in their surroundings. More pillars with strange runes on them stood around them. Well-trodden paths led off from this area, into the forest, but the largest and most travelled led towards the large lodge just in front of them. On one of the pillars sat a thin looking crow.

“How did you get here before us” asked Nar Ator.

“You left me. And it is a long story. You absolute git”

“Och ne nuc de nuc de noo” said Flint in dwarven.

“I agree Flint. I think it best to approach cautiously” said Elias.

“I thought as this place will be an absolute disaster when we leave we may as well set fire to it now.” Said Maria. This plan had some merit and was discussed.

“As lovely as this is, I would like to point out that these stones are all portals, and it may be best if we aren’t here when the next one is activated.” Said Jebado.

They set off for the lodge talking amongst themselves rather loudly.

“C’mon Dave guide them” said Nar Ator

“Sod off I’m cream crackerd. I’ll talk to you in a bit. If you want to guide them you carry on son” replied Dave.

Elias went to check for traps on the front door that was slightly ajar, but Maria pushed it open.

“Look here you lot, stop opening doors and everything, I’m supposed to sort them out” said Elias disgruntled. Elias went to the inner door which was shut, and not trapped. Elias was blissfully unaware of the silent fits of laughter behind him.

“Will yer stop windin’ him up Maria” whispered Flint

“I kid because I care” she whispered, “Actually I tell a lie I kid because I get a kick out of winding him up”

Elias decided the door was not trapped and opened it. It opened out into a magnificent entrance hall, statues of demons stood either side of the double staircase. Two sets of armour in wooden Elf mannequins. Jebado concentrated

“The armour is enchanted, the statues are not” he said. As if given permission Maria sauntered over and touched the set closest to her and froze. Elias walked over to her and said.

“If it looks like a trap, it probably is a trap. I’m telling you because I care……….. About not being incinerated by something easily avoided.”

Oz opened the door on the left.

“What is the point of me being here if you are all just going to open anything when you feel like it!” exclaimed Elias.

“Stop moaning” said Oz. This room opened into a lovely warm sitting room, with a finger buffet laid out on the table. Jebado was enjoying the smoked sausages. They took in the room and warmed themselves off the fire.

Oz was having one of his moments. He had now had time to reflect on his career as a barbarian and he was beginning to think it may not be for him. He really liked magic and casting spells. What he needed was some halfway house between a fighter and a mage.

Elias moved on, he moved down the corridor and checked out the rooms. There were two bedrooms, one with a desk and one with a table. A philosophical discussion broke out about the difference between a desk and a table. It was generally agreed that a desk has drawers. Once this had been sorted they carried on down to the last door. Jebado’s nostrils had picked up the scent of food being cooked. He opened the door and walked in, there were four human chefs working away. Jebado approached but was threatened with a soggy soufflé if he came any closer. Deciding they meant no harm they left them alone and Flint decided to check out the wine cellar, Elias followed his brother.

Down in the cellar were racks of fine wines barrels of beer, enough to keep a party of dwarves happy for two hours. Also down here were three figures chained to the wall. A badly beaten human female, a dwarf with his beard roughly hewn off and a human priest. They answered basic questions and refused to believe they were not cultists until Elias picked the locks on their manacles and set them free. The dwarf marched off. The priest and the woman answered questions, it appears they had just been in the wrong place at the wrong time. But these places were very far away and the names they spoke of our heroes only recognised as they were told in stories. The portals must have a vast range and the cultists must be amassing a huge horde.

“This is a global event Dave!” exclaimed Nar Ator.

“What is global?” Dave asked.

“I mean the cultists are working simultaneously around the world. You see the world is round” Nar Ator paused waiting for Dave to say something stupid about the world being flat.

“I know. I saw it” replied Dave.

“What do you mean you saw it? How did you see it?” asked Nar Ator.

“I saw the world, with these two eyes, I saw the universe too. As to who, I’ll tell you that when I’m ready. I can’t believe you left me.”

“But you’re here Dave.”

“Am I Nar, am I?”

The woman was so badly beaten she could hardly stand. Oz looked her over.

“Right you don’t look so good. You’re in need of some healing my dear” Everyone started to rummage in their backpacks for a potion. When suddenly out of nowhere Oz cast his healing magic over her. Gods that felt good he thought. Glances were cast, Elias Looked at Flint, Flint looked at Issy, Issy looked at Maria looked at Elias, Flint shrugged, no one said anything.

They went back through the kitchen and out the door on the far side. Down a corridor the found a room with sleeping kobolds in it. They chose to ignore that particular room. They moved through into another room and then into another. This room appeared to be a study it was tastefully decorated with a few books and the walls were adorned with tapestries, Jebado advised one of them was magical. Also in the room was a suit of black plate mail magical and Dragonborn size.

It came to Oz all of a sudden it was like an epiphany, Oz realised that the cross between a fighter and a mage was a Cleric and the best thing was he was already one of those. The armour called out to Oz, it looked so good, lovely platemail just what a cleric needed.

Elias moved closer to the armour to inspect it.

Back in the swamp DM was going round inspecting his handiwork.

“Who disturbs me!!!” roared Voaraghamanthar. The Dragon raised himself to his full height and put his best angry face on. Flames erupted from his nostrils and his powerful long talons raked the earth.

“BOO!” shouted DM “WHO’S A GOOD DRAGON. YES YOU IS, YES YOU IS”

“Ah it is you DM” and he purred like a cat. Even Voaraghamanthar knew when he paled into insignificance. After a while DM moved on.

“DEAD BULLYWUGS, CHECK. DEAD CULTISTS, CHECK. DEAD POLITICALLY CORRECT LIZARD FOLK, CHECK. RANSACKED PROPERLY, NOT CHECKED. MISSED THE BOW, THE SWORD AND THE BOOTS. TUT TUT, LAZY GROUP.” DM swept down under the castle into the caverns underneath making his way to the portal. “KILLED THE CULTISTS AND THE ELF, GOT THE RING, CHECK, CHECK. ALL GOOD FOR THE NEXT BIT THEN.” When the cawing of a bird grabbed his attention.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE DAVE?” a voice that Dave had not heard before entered his mind. It was different to Nar Ator. Nar Ator spoke to him in his mind this voice seemed to fill the universe even though Dave knew he was the only one who could hear it, he knew it was every and nowhere at the same time. This Dave decided was Schrodinger’s voice.

“Trying to weigh up my options.” Dave said.

“YOU ARE MISSING OUT ON ALL THE FUN”

“I can’t get this portal to work, I lack a voice” said Dave.

“I SEE. I COULD HELP YOU WITH THAT”

“Er. That’s very kind of you sir.” Dave thought that politeness was needed here.

“SIR. I AM NOT A SIR”

“Sorry, sorry my mistake, how would you like me to address you?” asked Dave.

“BY MY NAME, I AM THE DM” Dave visibly gulped, this was his worst fear. DM the mightiest of all the Gods.

“That’s very kind of you dm”

“It’s DM”

“That’s very kind of you DM”

“DON’T THANK ME JUST YET. WE HAVEN’T GOT YOU THERE YET”

“If you could just enunciate out loud in the world the word to activate….”

“I KNOW THE WORD, I KNOW EVERYTHING THAT GOES ON IN THIS WORLD, IT IS MY WORLD”

“Okay, if you could just say the word and I’ll be on my way” Crow’s don’t sweat but Dave’s was.

“NO, I DON’T THINK I WILL.” The walls, the outside, the world, the universe all collapsed in on Dave, it was a horrible experience. Then Dave knew nothingness, this was absolute nothingness.

“Hello, are you still here?” asked Dave gingerly.

“PAGE ONE FIVE SIX IT SAYS RIGHT HERE THAT A REACTION CAN ONLY BE USED ONCE PER TURN AND DOES NOT REFRESH TILL YOUR NEXT TURN”

“Hello” said Dave tentatively

“SORRY DAVE, JUST SORTING SOMETHING OUT WITH ADRIAN JONES”

“Who’s Adrian Jones?” asked Dave.

“EXACTLY DAVE. RIGHT THEN LET’S SORT YOU OUT DAVE. THIS IS WEEK EIGHT ISN’T IT? GOOD, GOT STARWARS NEXT WEEK YOU KNOW, SORRY ABOUT THAT DAVE ALL YOURS NOW. RIGHT”

Dave had not got a clue what was going on, the universe expanded, the world grew and became so large it swallowed Dave and he appeared back at the castle, but this time it was fully populated. The speed of the journey made Dave feel ill and he was sick as a crow as he regurgitated his last dinner.

“NO NEED TO THANK ME DAVE”

“Where are they?”

“YOU MEAN THOSE PEOPLE WHO RUIN MY WORLD. THEY ARE ABOUT THREE WEEKS FLIGHT TO THE WEST”

“But I thought you were going to take me to them.”

“YOU HAVE ME PEGGED ALL WRONG DAVE. IF YOU SET OFF NOW YOU SHOULD ARRIVE JUST BEFORE THEY DO, HERE” and the directions and a picture of final destination was seared into Dave’s brain.

“Thanks, I think”

“AT LEAST IT IS THE RIGHT TIME. I MAY SEE YOU AGAIN DAVE. MU HAHAHHAHA”

With that terrible laughter ringing in his ears Dave took off and flew for three weeks only resting when absolutely necessary. A tale that Dave may tell one day.

Dave exhausted landed on top of one of the stones in the clearing. Dave didn’t know why but he had to get to this place, it was calling him. He had hardly slept and barely eaten anything in the last three weeks. All because he had to get here. He looked around his surroundings. The large lodge looked promising for something to eat and one of the chimney’s had smoke coming out of it. Dave his quest now over felt so tired and hungry and he couldn’t decide which one needed to be satiated first. A ball of energy exploded into being and Maria appeared she stepped off the portal and looked around her. The ball re-appeared as the rest of the band of Dave arrived.

“Cor, it’s fresh here” said Oz.

“Better than that swamp” said Maria.

Time Travel is a bugger back to the here and now, Elias is about to inspect the armour for traps.

“What you doin’” asked Oz.

“I was going to inspect the armour. Oz” replied Elias

“No need, it’s magical Jebado said so.” Said Oz.

“No I was…”

“Ah now I understand” said Nar Ator

“Maria, stop O……. What do you understand” asked Dave.

“Why you’re so miffed”

“How do you know?”

“’cause now it’s entered the story and I, as a narrator, have full access to it”

“arse. Maria stop Oz!” shouted Dave a fraction too late.

Elias’s protestations were unheeded as Oz put his hand out and touched the armour. In the same instant, black tentacle sprung from the floor ensnaring all of them. They were all held as the armour sprang into life and attacked Oz.

Meanwhile….. The gods are lounging around.

“Go on, do it, do it, do it” chanted Cupid and Cupid Chronos laughed like children, it helped that one of them looked like a child.

“Hang on…. Wait for it.” Tempest was relaxing on a coach and throwing grapes in the air. He was relaxed, he hadn’t felt this calm for a while now. He threw the grape up.

“Now” and Chronos clicked his fingers on his right hand, his left he held Cupid’s arm. Time stopped everywhere and the only two people moving were Chronos and Cupid.

“You ready?” asked Chronos wiping a tear of laughter away.

“Think so.” They walked over to Tempest’s chaise lounge and Chronos picked the grape out of the air and ate it.

“Ready?”

“Ready” replied Cupid “If I go too far at least I’ll be filling my nappy” and they fell about laughing again.

“Ready, now Chronos” and Cupid held his arms out. Chronos picked him up and hung him about two inches away from Tempest’s face.

PHWAAAAARRRRRRRRPPPPP, BRRRRRRRRR, BRRRRRRRR, BRRRRRRRR, THRRRPPPPPP. The pair of them retreated back past Odin. Chronos clicked his fingers and time started. Tempest inhaled with his mouth wide open in anticipation of the grape that wasn’t there. His hands flew to his throat, and his eyes bulged. He sat Bolt upright and started coughing.

“Who did that? C’mon own up who did that?” no one did. “I’m the bloody God of War, show me some damn respect!” This was too much they were in fits. Tempest quickly honed in on the trouble makers. “Think that’s funny do you” he marched over to them and swung at Chronos who clicked his fingers. Time stopped except for Chronos and Cupid. “I got another one let’s do it again” and Chronos picked Cupid up, this time however. “Follow through, need a new nappy now. Would you mind”

“Not at all Cupid.” Cupid went to the toilet and came back carrying a swollen nappy “What’s that for?”

“You’ll see” and he walked over to Tempest who was in perfect poise for this type of punch, perfectly balanced, with his heel raised, his weight shifted to his front foot delivering all the force of the punch to its maximum effect. He put the soiled nappy down under his foot. They moved over to Odin, Chronos clicked his fingers. Tempest swung into thin air, the smell caught him off guard again. Clutching his nose he brought his foot down onto the nappy he slipped and fell over. Everyone was laughing, including Odin. Tempest got up and was about to march over to them when Odin spoke.

“TEMPEST! STOP.” He bellowed when the all father gave a command they all obeyed.

“You always stick up for them” said Tempest red with rage.

“I’m not sticking up for them, but you know the rules. No Poo Shoe” this was too much they were all laughing and pointing at Tempest. Odin could see the rage in his eyes and thought he should do something.

“To your rooms and no dinner for you tonight” and Chronos and Cupid went off.

“That’s it that’s all they get. They make a mockery out of me and you send them to bed.” Argued Tempest

“Without any dinner” replied Odin. Tempest picked up his shoe and went off to clean it. Athena came over to him.

“Why does he always take their side?” asked Tempest.

“They do it, to get a reaction out of you. If you didn’t react” said Athena avoiding the question.

“I’m the God of War, of course I’m going to react, it’s my nature.”

“And it’s the All Father’s to keep the peace”, she touched his arm gently. “Anyway, I think you should see this.”

“Can’t go anywhere till I’ve cleaned my Poo Shoe” Athena sniggered, and Tempest stated to chuckle. Tempest finished off and followed Athena. She took him to the pool, lying down on the side she put her hand in causing ripples and waved it around till she got to the image she wanted. Tempest leaned closer.

“Isn’t that Oz?” he said.

“It is.” She replied.

“He hasn’t prayed to me in months, I thought he’d died.”

“He has been having personal issues” Athena told him.

Meanwhile………

“OUCH, is everyone Okay?” asked Oz

“No not really, that really hurt” said Jebado. Oz closed his eyes and focused praying healing waves washed over everyone.

Elias wriggled free of the tentacles, as did Flint and Maria although they were closer and manged to get either side of it. The armour construct hit Oz again. The tentacles squeezed harder hurting everyone still caught inside more.

“Kill the construct and the spell should fall” shouted Jebado. Elias fired his bow at it.

“Kill the creature, slay it, Destroy it” said a voice in Flint’s head.

“Och Aye, wadda ya take me fer, someone who’d hand oot sandwiches” said Flint to no one.

“Who you talkin’ to Flint” asked Maria.

“Me sen, ah ken” he replied.

Oz cast his healing again. Between Elias, Flint and Maria, being aided by Issy and healed by Oz the creature fell. As did Oz, and Jebado.

Quickly Elias ran and helped Issy out. Flint grabbed Jebado and Maria pulled Oz out. Between them they managed to pull Oz and Jebado from the deaths cold hands. Oz cast more of his healing magic.

“You know what that means don’t you Tempest” said Athena

“He’s going to pray to me”

“Yes”

“This is going to be a good day after all.”

They rallied themselves.

“Right if everyone is done touching everything then, lets press on” said Elias.

“Ah saw ya, baby, slicing and dicing, yez waz beautiful” said Flint cooing over his sword.

“Er right, okay” said Maria and they moved upstairs. They found very little of note until they entered the room in the West Wing. Round a fire sat six people, and a female Elf looked at them and said.

“Maybe we can be symbiotic. Together we can achieve what alone we cannot”

To be continued………

“What it’s finishing there?” asked Dave

“’Fraid so, Dave. I can’t see any further”

“You sure?”

“I’m sure Dave. You’ll have to wait till next time” explained Nar Ator.

R6: Tyranny of Dragons 8 years 5 months ago #1004

• Sarge
Bane, your posts get more surreal mate!

All the posts have been fantastic reads, and have taken the story far beyond what I could have imagined.

We've had some interesting, some times animated, rule discussions which for me were a learning experience.

Hope all the players enjoyed the game overall and want to return to finish 'Hoard of the Dragon Queen' and then continue with 'Rise of Tiamat'

Cheers all for a great game

R6: Tyranny of Dragons 8 years 5 months ago #1005

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
Accused of a level of competence they barely merit
They survive as soldiers of fortune
If you have a problem
If nobody else can help,
And if you can find them (and they have stopped laughing at Elias’s hair)
Then maybe you can hire…
Dave’s Team.

“What do you think?”, Dave enquired of Nar Ator.

“Well, its catchy, not sure it will entice business if that’s what you are asking.”

“Why not, it describes them perfectly!”

“When did you come up with this Dave?”

“Well, when I got dumped by that DM thing and had to fly for 3 weeks constantly, I had a LOT of time to dwell on things. “

“So what did you decide?”

“One, never upset the DM creature, he’s downright cruel on occasion. Two, when flying long distance, ensure you always fly with the prevailing wind, even if it takes you on a tangent, and three…. I kinda [mumble, mumble mumble].”

“What was that…?”

“I MISSED ‘EM! Ok, you happy? I just thought it would be nice to do something for them that was a little more light hearted. The DM thing mentioned some NASTY stuff in their future… I could sense it. Who is Tiamat anyway?”

The Narrator paused. How could he explain to the crow that his charges would be entering into a situation that only the greatest of heroes would survive? How could he explain this without causing utter despair. How could he provide a description that covered the sheer complexity of the task ahead, or a conceptual model that allowed the Crow to see the reality of their involvement… The Narrator paused.

“Well Dave, let’s put it this way… Shit Happens.”.

The Narrator looked at the Crow and saw that the result was surprising. Dave’s eyes seemed to fill with tears which he quickly blinked away, and the Narrator could see the bird starting to ask all sorts of questions that couldn’t be answered…

“Lets look at an example and you’ll see what I mean.” The Narrator was desperate to find a good analogy without using the word Analogy, and getting into a conversation about the study of backsides or some such.

“Consider poor Elias. His hair suffered its multi-coloured streaks due to the interaction of magic with Oty blood. Since then he’s kept his head covered and seems embarrassed by it. This wasn’t helped by the conversation about it with his brother…”

Flint was incredulous…
“So let me geet this straight. Yer hur es like a bloody rainbow and Ye thought ‘I know eet needz a wash wid sum Bat turdz coz o’ the alkaline in eet. And that turnz Yer hur white. Yer then pourz on sum bloody beetle juice to make it black agin, then yer fixes eet usin summit called Per-Ox Hide to make eet last.”

“So ter sum er rize [Flint was speaking slowly], Ter git rid o yer sweet smellin her, Ye put more shit in eet, then stick a peece o cow on yer ed fer an hour.” Elias nodded, not really wanting to confirm that Flint, had in fact, got the right end of the stick this time.

“Its only temporary until I can figure out how to do it permanent.” Elias’s voice sounded trite, his self-confidence had obviously been affected.

“Aye Lad, Ye crack on an dowit then.” The elder Dwarf knew he had made his point, and would leave his brother to ruminate on it.

“So see how that incident affected the later activities for Elias.” The Narrator was pleased at how this was going…

Elias was irritated. His exchange with Flint had crystallised the problem. The Band thought him a joke. He’d worked hard, always contributed, done what he could to keep them safe. He’d even taken the odd one for the team, mainly, (and Elias had to be honest with himself), as a result of his failure to spot traps, painful memories of falling rock traps caused him to wince in sympathy.

The problem was the rest of the group didn’t want him to succeed. They always seemed in a hurry. Elias remembered his mentor, old Thispin Halfhand. The lock smith (and former theif!), forever drilled into the young half elf, that rashness cost not only fingers but lives. Elias had learned that lesson well, he was painstaking in his attention to detail, everything checked, and double checked, everything prepared, all the tools in the right place, and THEN you could pick the lock! Why couldn’t the others see that?

Entering the mansion Elias’ despair increased. He wanted to search for potential traps. The rest of the Band (including Flint) seemed to value speed over caution. When Jebido noted the statues were magical, Elias’s first reaction was to search for a trigger. Maria found it before he could move. The Elf simply walked over and touched the statue and the resulting blast of cold that stunned Maria, and could be felt in the room. Elias’ bitter retort to Maria was filled with irony but underlay a deeper concern about his own place in the group.

Oz opened doors with abandon, even Flint was searching things without his usual caution. Elias brooded as the tension in him increased. Eventually the price for the lack of caution would be paid.

Elias left the group discussing searching bedrooms, and carefully opened the door to an area hosting a kitchen. Elias duly reported the fact to the group, and began discussing the strategy for taking out those inside. Flint ignored him and entered the kitchen. His OWN brother just walked straight in!

The ensuing argument between Flint, Issy and the head cook about not disturbing the staff or causing problems in his kitchen was short (possibly because the cook seemed very comfortable with a large cleaver in hand!).

Realising this wasn’t going to be a fight, an amazed Elias, watched Flint trundle happily down the stairs into the cellar. Resigning himself to following in his brother’s wake, Elias descended into the cellar, and they found the first thing of real interest. Three captives. A priest of Amunator, a woman who seemed badly injured as if tortured, and a surly dwarf, again beaten, but very obviously angry.

Quickly learning the stories of the three, Elias was amazed when the decision was made to simply let them go. Surely they ought to be kept secure until the place was safe? Elias’s views were ignored and he was instructed to open the locks on the manacles securing the prisoners. The Dwarf promptly left, taking a dagger provided by Elias, and stomped off, presumably to seek his revenge. The other two were non combatants and wished only stay with the group, over Elias’ objections. Feelings of insecurity were compounding within the Half Elf, his own self-worth in question.

Elias was in a daze of self-doubt as the group searched the remainder of the ground floor. Sleeping Kobolds were left unharmed, Elias barely noticed. Finding a plan showing the mansion layout, including secret doors, was barely of interest. The main library with the large suit of magical dragon born armour was simply another room where he would be ignored. The inevitable, when it finally happened snapped Elias out of his malaise.

Oz touched the armour (not learning from Maria’s earlier mistake), and all hell broke loose. Tendrils of black force plucked at the group, pummelling and holding each member in place. The animated armour struck repeatedly at Flint and Oz.

The magical tendrils prevented movement and only with difficulty was Elias able to slip out of the area of effect, and focus his efforts on destroying the armour. Maria too broke loose, launched into the attack. The animated armour flailed inflicting terrible wounds on Oz and flint, whilst the grasping tendril, rendered Jepido and the others helpless. Flint called out to destroy the armour and end the spell, and with a mighty effort, the Band worked in harmony and shattered the pieces of the armour, but the tendrils remained. Managing to rescue their fallen comrades just prior to a grizzly death, the price had indeed been paid. The priest was dead, crushed by the tendrils force, as was the Gnome Zhentarim agent. Elias reflected that the price may have been worth paying…

Seeking to move with more caution now, the group moved upstairs, quickly locating an armoury, (with a magical spear), and a library with a number of books. Jebido was admonished to stay out until the place was secure.

It was evident the final room was occupied, the sound of talking and laughing from inside audible to Elias sensitive ears. Prepared for action the group burst into the comfortable dining room…

“Welcome we’ve been expecting you.” The elf was dressed in expensive robes and gestured to the seats at the table.

“So you see Dave, without your guidance and support, these poor individuals suffer all manner of self doubt. In this instance, the Band failed to listen to Elias and suffered accordingly, but the reason they failed to listen too him is the key point… so what is it?”

“Well he has got an unfortunate habit of not finding traps that are there, and of taking a lot of time searching for things that aren’t there.”

“True but that’s not it” the Narrator agreed.

“Well that only leaves complacency then. The rest of the group believe they don’t need to worry about traps and things or about scouting out dangers.” Dave was more animated now.

“Partly, but not quite it.”

“So what is it then?” Dave was feeling confused now.

“Its two things actually. The rules. Set in stone by the DM. Rule 1 – Thou shall not split the party, lest I become vexed with thee. Rule 2 – Constant searching for traps is irritating and slows the game plus it ruins my fun so don’t do it.”

“Rule 2 seems a bit harsh.” The Crow was incredulous.

“True enough Dave, but they are his rules, and frankly they are unlikely to change any time soon. But think on it this way. At least Elias gets to role some dice, and pretend to be contributing.”

“But he does contribute!” Dave was increasingly irritated, the Dwelf was a stalwart of this group, his actions had saved them all many times, and found most of the key items!

“Of course he does Dave, so do they all, but each needs to feel involved, and that’s just his way of doing it. Your job is to make sure they all feel they contribute and act together as a whole. My job is to read the story and fill in the blanks, and the DM’s job is to ensure that the group get the opportunities needed to save the world. Do you understand now?”

The Crow was silent. He had a lot of get to grips with. This was far larger than anticipated, but perhaps one large thing could be sorted by carrying many small things. Just like a good nest, one thing at a time.

“Well at least I can do one thing. That Class I intervention I have coming to me. How about I use it to sort out the Dwelf’s hair?”

“Good idea Dave, Good Idea…”
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.

R6: Tyranny of Dragons 8 years 5 months ago #1006

• Sarge
Only just found this out....

Steve is not now running his Star Wars game. If the players would like to continue playing Hoard of the Dragon queen in the December weeks then can you post here please.

Absolutely no problem if there is no interest as appreciate how late it is in the week

R6: Tyranny of Dragons 8 years 5 months ago #1007

• MellyMel
  • Platinum Member
yeah! definately
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds