• Elite Member
Rotation number: ROT 3 - 2017
Referee name: Andrek
Game system: Pathfinder
Scenario Name: Council of Thieves – The Infernal Syndrome
Character Levels: 7
New Characters: Game is full.
No. of players: 5, Already signed Sharky, Mal_H, Dave_C, Matt 486 and Morgan

Last time our intrepid heroes concluded their investigation of Delvehaven, an abandoned Pathfinder lodge now under imperial interdict and boobytrapped by Thrune mages. After many perilous encounters, they battled three deadly vampires and found a powerful talisman of light (The Morrowfall).

Ever had trouble with your central heating? I can safely bet that any trouble you may have had is easily overmatched by the problems that the mayor of Westcrown, Arberian Arvanxi, is having with his. But the mayor hasn’t got a Worcester-Bosch combi boiler at the heart of his domestic heating system, instead he has a magically bound pit fiend.

The mayor, of course, has many important duties. These include extended drinking sessions with Iltus Mhartis (the prodigal and delinquent leader of the city guard), holding sumptious banquets for the Westcrown elite, and the occasional night out at the theatre.He hasn’t noticed little niggling faults with his heating system, and he hasn’t called on the services of a CORGI registered Infernalist/Plumber to sort it out.
As a result, all the pent up fury of a demon that has been confined for decades has been let free. The Mayor‘s stately manor has now been replaced by a 90 ft crater and five howling pillars of flame, and there has also been been considerable damage to nearby buildings, notaby the Mhartis and Rasdovain Manors.

Our intrepid heroes are alerted to this turn of events when they hear a huge explosion, and see those five pillars of fire, reaching 500 ft. Into the sky. Unable to restrain their insatiable curiosity, they make their way through fleeing crowds towards the explosion,

On the way they meet the mayor, Arberian Arvanxi. He is battered and burned as he has not only recently escaped the ruin of his manor but also an assassination attempt by his treacherous major-domo, Crosael. She tried to kill him when he interrupted her trying to steal a copy of the infernal contract, made with the pit fiend many years ago. Falling masonry caused her to flee without the contract and now Arvanxi offers it to the team. For himself, hes had enough, he’s off to the docks to seek a new life for himself (now doubt with a few choice gems stashed on his person to ensure his financial security).

They approach the ruins of the mansion, after talking their way past the Dottari guards manning the barricades around the site, they are attacked by an erinyes with two summoned bearded devils. It’s a close fight, the erinyes is forced to flee, but our heroes are so severely wounded they have to return to the safe house for healing.
Last Edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Andrek.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Rot 3 2017 - Council of thieves 6 years 11 months ago #2079

• Andrek
  • Elite Member
Hi Everybody,
I hope you are all ready to venture again in the city of twilight, where new mysteries await you.
I have decided to experiment with an in-game reward system, similar to those used by mikeawmids and MOC in their recent games. The following rewards are available for those who supply extra content, for example, a character portrait, a character background story, weekly session logs from your character's perspective. Here is the list of available benefits, in order :~

1. +20 added to any one trait roll during the sesssion (equal to a True Strike spell in combat, but may instead be used for any other skill rolls)
2. Any one-use Magical Item up to 300 GP in value, or make contact with useful NPC
3. One Free Cure Light wounds Potion per session until the end of the rotation or upgrade any masterwork single weapon to +1 or upgrade any masterwork armour item to +1
4. +20 added to any one trait roll during the session(equal to a True Strike spell in combat, but may instead be used for any other skill rolls)
5. Any single Magic item up to 2000 GP in value OR Upgrade any +1 armour item to +2
6. Any single Magic item up to 4000 GP in value OR Upgrade any +1 single weapon to +2
7. Bonus Feat
8. +20 added to any one trait roll during the session(equal to a True Strike spell in combat, but may instead be used for any other skill rolls)

This is also a good time for any player wishing to change their character if they wish to do so.

thanks.

Andrek
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Andrek.

Rot 3 2017 - Council of thieves 6 years 10 months ago #2102

• moc
  • Elite Member
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d1/a9/15/d1a91570ffd44fc8

This is Lemmy... Hope this works...

He is a dashing but thin guy...
His background was he was a barber, cutting hair and removing items of value from customers.. But for a small fee. His sideline was working for a group of thugs, not in with the thieves guild. He would patch them up. Help them on their way for a larger fee.! He would also take jobs for himself. If he saw a mark with money the harvester would come out and he would have the marks gold.
He went on from strength to strength, but the official guild put a price on his head and now his old friends are hunting him... Or were... He met each one in and.. Harvested their silence. He was asked by his friend to take over since the half orc had to go on some fools errand. Still time to harvest again and make more money..

Rot 3 2017 - Council of thieves 6 years 10 months ago #2103

• moc
  • Elite Member
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d1/a9/15/d1a91570ffd44fc8

This is Lemmy... Hope this works...

He is a dashing but thin guy...
His background was he was a barber, cutting hair and removing items of value from customers.. But for a small fee. His sideline was working for a group of thugs, not in with the thieves guild. He would patch them up. Help them on their way for a larger fee.! He would also take jobs for himself. If he saw a mark with money the harvester would come out and he would have the marks gold.
He went on from strength to strength, but the official guild put a price on his head and now his old friends are hunting him... Or were... He met each one in and.. Harvested their silence. He was asked by his friend to take over since the half orc had to go on some fools errand. Still time to harvest again and make more money..

Rot 3 2017 - Council of thieves 6 years 10 months ago #2104

• moc
  • Elite Member

LEMMY THE BARBER
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by moc.

Rot 3 2017 - Council of thieves 6 years 10 months ago #2108

• moc
  • Elite Member
Lemmies journal week 1
So my mage friend put me onto this adventuring group. He said that his master a rather high up mage had been attacked by another tribe of orcs, and he had demanded that he join him in his tower against the other tribe. Typical half orc.. No brain still I will miss him, he was always good for a few coins when I knew something. He always liked his green skin razored down and his neck oiled. He was never stupid enough to have money in his pockets when he relaxed shame. Well I turn up and there is a right motley crew. A ranger who looks like he has never seen a good man. A right holy looking cleric, not sure I will like him.. Holy Joe's don't really take care of their appearance.. Never a good thing. There is a warrior with a pointy stick. With an odd accent.. Can't seem to place it. So we get into this, after a quiet word with the guard.... He got a great haircut did it myself. Has a great head of hair and a full purse.. I pulled out a coin from the pouch.. a tip.. People often forget. so this way, I help customers out. Anyway this coin had a magical aura about it... Seems token of some paladin order. I was well scared, so next time I see him I flash my coin. He seems well happy to help me. We get through the barrier and try to look for something of use. Then these glassy eyed guards attack us. So turns out that this group are more handy than they look. So eventually we take them down. Some nice stuff on them. A well shiny breast plate, a bit heavy, but will keep my black heart beating. We have a further nose about.
We see some strange stuff! These devil's we finish one off, he was odd. But the next fella makes his guy look like a shop keeper. Thus guy is a handful bouncing in and out of the room. Cannot seem to get my harvester room to work... So we need a plan to take this customer down. Horrible guy no hair.. So no trade for me...
Need to give him a real short cut.... Around the throat
  • Page:
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds