Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Horror on the Orient Express - All Rotations

R6: 2018 Horror on the Orient Express 5 years 4 months ago #3475

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
Sunday 19 November 1893
We hire Nine-Fingered Abdullah and his boat to take us to the Island of the Doomed Prince. We wait for dusk before our final approach. The island is tiny. A rocky crag with a small quay (the only possible place to land) and a path leading up to a tower (the only building on the island).

Barrington silently takes out the only guard at the small quay and we ascend the path. Dr. Kasim Polat lags behind. He has to preserve himself as he is going to be the challenger for control of the fez. Guards before the tower are despatched and the eunuch too once inside. At the top of the tower is a single room. Inside the room is a terrible scene. Leeds is hanging from the ceiling almost split in two and gutted. A cage to one side contains two persons; one is Baras Damir, the other covered in his own blood and excrement is Prince Razam.

Nisra wears a blood red fez. Polat challenges. No physical attacks can harm Nisra. Banks rescues the two men from the cage. Barrington and Roche are beaten back by invisible force as their ineffectual attacks on Nisra are repulsed. A dramatic battle of wills commences at the end of which Nisra’s head explodes and Polat triumphs.

Kasim Polat feels immense power coursing through him. In an instant he can see immense possibilities beyond this mortal world. Immortality and power are within his grasp and he can call forth Yog Sothoth across the void. The temptation is overwhelming.

Snapping back to his senses Polat casts Destroy the Fez and instantly he knows that all blood red fezes are annihilated from existence. The fez on his own head melts into his skin. He feels immense psychic pain and the fez melds with him and fades until it becomes a disfiguring scar across his head and face.
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Garuda.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

R6: 2018 Horror on the Orient Express 5 years 4 months ago #3476

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
3 January 1910

To Mrs Zehra Polat
8 Ziirafa Sk.,
Basra.

It is with great sadness I am writing to inform you of the death of your estranged husband, Kasim.

I shared a cell with Kasim here at the remote mosque for the last eight years. He never really said much about his life before devoting himself to the will of Allah, but I always got the impression he was deeply in love with you and the children until something terrible occurred to him and he felt he could no longer be with you. He felt that in some way his presence was to expose you to danger and he could not bear this.

Kasim was a tormented soul. He could never come to terms with whatever terrible event broke him as a man. He would suffer nightmares and had many days of deep depression in which he would pull his hood far over his head so as to obscure his terribly disfigured face from the world.

Death comes as a blissful release for Kasim. I am glad he is at peace now. His final words as he departed this life were ‘I am the Gate and the Key’. I am perplexed as to what this means. I suppose I will never know.

Please don’t be sad and may you have strength in your heart to forgive Kasim for leaving all those years ago.

Blessings to you,

Assam
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.

R6: 2018 Horror on the Orient Express 5 years 4 months ago #3478

• Sarge
What a great series of write-ups and a brilliant concluding letter, which was sad but powerful. Thanks for taking the time mate, fantastic stuff

Remind me to give you some big bonuses when we resume the game!!
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Sarge.

R6: 2018 Horror on the Orient Express 5 years 1 month ago #3687

• Andrek
  • Elite Member
Hi Sarge,
Can you tell me when you are planning to run group B again? Thanks

Andy C

R6: 2018 Horror on the Orient Express 5 years 1 month ago #3688

• Sarge
Andrek wrote:
Hi Sarge,
Can you tell me when you are planning to run group B again? Thanks

Andy C

Hi Andy

It will be either Rotation 5 or 6. I'm planning to run group A next rotation so will need a break in between. Also need to see what else is going on at the time as don't want to post another continuation game if there are already one or more going on

Cheers

R6: 2018 Horror on the Orient Express 4 years 4 months ago #4577

• Sarge
I need to advise, and apologise, that I have inadvertently misplaced the folder that contained the Group B character sheets.

I make a point of keeping all the Cthulhu stuff together, so its a complete mystery as to their whereabouts.

Can you all please advise if you kept hold of your character sheets, or perhaps have a copy? If not, we'll have to do a bit of quick character generation on the night

Jim is joining us as a new player so we'll have to do a bit if character generation, as well as have a comprehensive recap as to where we got to.

Apologies again
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Sarge.
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds