Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R5: Age of Cthulhu

R5: Age of Cthulhu 2 weeks 1 day ago #4198

• Garuda
  • Elite Member
Please remember I’m not there on week one. Apologies.

For the purposes of creating characters and their background I'm posting the following basic information. There should be time to run two short scenarios in the seven weeks we have.

Death in Luxor

July 1926

The University of Chicago established the Oriental Institute two years ago. Essentially it comprises an archaeological team based in Luxor, Egypt. The team’s base of operations in Luxor is named Chicago House. Professor Aaron Bollacher of the Institute sends a telegram from Luxor. He’s very excited about a new discovery. He invites you to Egypt.

Suitable character backgrounds would have ties to either the University of Chicago, the Oriental Institute or to Prof. Bollacher (member, employee, acquaintance etc). Alternatively, maybe you’re a journalist, or a curious dilettante, or an occultist type etc who hears of the excitement and you decide to tag along for a story or the hope/worry that the discovery may lead to something supernatural – afterall this is Egypt, the land of curses.

The Fires of Sumatra

We should complete Death in Luxor in time to afterwards embark on a journey to the East Indies. If your planning on using the same character for both scenarios (assuming your character doesn’t die in Egypt) then please note at least one of you must be familiar with a catholic priest named Father Hrost, who has been working in Padang, Sumatra as a missionary for several years. The ability to speak Dutch in this scenario is a distinct advantage.

Hrost is a Catholic missionary. He is a member of the International Historical & Archaeological Society. Maybe you know him as an old acquaintance? A good friend from your past, an old ally or mentor, or maybe he was your priest in the years before he took up missionary work? Maybe you’re a fellow society member?
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by Garuda.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds