Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: R6: 2018 Horror on the Orient Express

R6: 2018 Horror on the Orient Express 6 years 2 months ago #2664

• Sarge
Rotation number: Rotation 6 2018
Referee name: Sarge
Game system: Call of Cthulhu 7th (1920's classic era)
Scenario Name: Horror on the Orient Express
Character Levels: n/a
New Characters: Yes
No. of players: 5

As per 'Seeing if there is still interest...' thread, the following players have be assigned to this rotation: Inept, Steboacha, Garuda, Mr.B, Andrek

Should any of these players choose to not to participate I will open up the space.

Players will need to create 2 characters, to allow for continuity of play should anything untoward happen to them. Character creation can be on the first night, but happy for players to create their characters beforehand. I am going to be quite strict however in that I don't want character creation on the first night to take more than one hour. Please be happy with your character, as there won't be an opportunity to change it once we start playing.
The topic has been locked.

R6: 2018 Horror on the Orient Express 6 years 2 months ago #2665

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
Well, I admire your commitment to this game; running two games in parallel. I hope as players we can make each game a different and enjoyable experience for you.

You'll certainly be getting your monies worth out of this monster.

Looking forward to it.
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.

R6: 2018 Horror on the Orient Express 6 years 2 months ago #2669

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
Dear Bunty
So kind of you to book me a ticket on the Orient Express. It really sound like just what I need. To get away from London and the shame of loosing Helen to that absolute cad Felix. What she sees in him I still cant imagine. I know they all think me a coward for not calling him out, but we both know that any duel between us, would have been murder. I think Helen knows that too, I received a note from Felix at the club last night which was civil and conciliatory to say the least!

I intend to speak to Uncle Horace when I arrive in Constantinople, father wants me to speak to him (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Horace_Rumbold,_9th_Baronet), apparently he thinks that Horace will find me work, but that is the least I can do at present, particularly as I haven't really sought gainful employment. Failing my finals cant have helped his disposition, he never did like Helen, and all I hear from him is; "I hope this experience teaches you something!". I know he means well, but he never forgave me for studying with Allen Cust (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleen_Cust). She is a truly remarkable woman. I met her at an Oxford symposium last year, just after she received her papers, her talk on lymphatic conditions and prevalence of TB in cattle was exemplary!

Professor McCinty has requested I return to complete my final year in September, I am still contemplating whether to do so. In the meantime Father is insisting I join the diplomatic corps.

I will write to you when we get to Paris!

Regards

Piers E KIng
877 Chapel Walk
Chelsea,
London.

Character outline

Piers King
under graduate son of a diplomat, studyicing Veterinary medicine before joining the army. Whilst a promising student, Piers failed his final year after a failed romance with a young woman left him destitute and heartbroken. His friend Ieuan 'Bunty' Williams (a mathematics graduate) now working as a journalist for the Times, funded this little trip to help his friend out.
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.

R6: 2018 Horror on the Orient Express 6 years 2 months ago #2670

• Sarge
A great post, even though there is quite a wait for you before the game begins.

The reason for travelling on the Orient Express however is defined by the scenario i.e. You don't even know yet that you will be going on the train!

You will therefore unfortunately have to do a little re-write.... Starting location is London

I can see your second character already beginning to take shape...

R6: 2018 Horror on the Orient Express 6 years 1 month ago #2673

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
Sarge wrote:
I can see your second character already beginning to take shape...

Do you mean you can already see the demise of his first character?

That's quick...even for one of Tony's characters..........
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.

R6: 2018 Horror on the Orient Express 6 years 1 month ago #2674

• stew
  • Heroic Character
Tony always tries to CHEAT death ;)
  • Page:
Moderators: mikeawmids, Andy Boyne
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds